Thanks for the notice!!!! UAW/Ford

uawfactoryrat

Told at 2:30pm Friday ...dont let the door hit you in the ass. Knew it was coming, but you would think that the UAW would have info on unemployment, and contact info ect ect.

NO ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS, JUST A WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU.

NICE WAY TO TREAT DUES PAYING MEMBERS.

Dont get me wrong, I knew it was coming. I am thankfull for sub, call back rights ect. But there is a right way and a wrong way to whack someone and both sides dropped the ball. :censored:

Told at 2:30pm Friday ...dont let the door hit you in the ass. Knew it was coming, but you would think that the UAW would have info on unemployment, and contact info ect ect.

Dont get me wrong, I knew it was coming. I am thankfull for sub, call back rights ect. But there is a right way and a wrong way to whack someone and both sides dropped the ball. :censored:

Come on your being to nice. The IUAW dosn't give a flyin fuck about us. If they did they would have some language in this new Job Eliminating contract to protect us. We are kattle on the way to market. There wiill be more your watch... We should be marching at international for our rights and our jobs. Have a nice day

Come on your being to nice. The IUAW dosn't give a flyin fuck about us. If they did they would have some language in this new Job Eliminating contract to protect us. We are kattle on the way to market. There wiill be more your watch... We should be marching at international for our rights and our jobs. Have a nice day

What I dont understand why are we being layed off when we still have outside contractors working in our plants. Like MTP. I would like an answer on that one. It was a bunch of :censored: telling us at the last minute.

Why are we told to tell unemployment this is due to a plant closing when in reality it's due to no openings available in either production or skilled classifications. Thats the story here at Maumee and we closed over 1.5 years ago. We were always told that openings are coming in for Zone 1 and that's why no openings in other zones came to us. Bullshit lie after bullshit lie. For once the truth would be nice, if it exsists. It was a cowardly way to show us the door not able to get answers to our many questions. Thanks whoever is responsible.

I honestly now don't think it's a lie, they are shuffling so many people around in all zones, they don't know what the hell they are doing anymore. It's called the checkerboard cause and effect.

The effect is that it's all fucked up!.

Without cutting jobs they need to eliminate overhead by closing some of these plants, instead they found that running temp workers and keeping them open is highly profitable!.

And for the outsourced jobs, yes I agree they need to bring those jobs back!. That should have been part of the agreement.

Actually it was last minute discussions....you will get sent a package on when to call Marvin. How in the hell did you not know you were going to be on ILO if you were in JSP? :headscratch: It has only been all over the news since the washington beatdown and we just approved the modifications......the locals did not get any info because it came down late!

Actually it was last minute discussions....you will get sent a package on when to call Marvin. How in the hell did you not know you were going to be on ILO if you were in JSP? :headscratch: It has only been all over the news since the washington beatdown and we just approved the modifications......the locals did not get any info because it came down late!
We all knew this was going to happen but didn't know when,to just be told on Friday with no info is BULLSHIT.We are suppose to be notified in some way aren't we,I have not been told that I am now on ILO or to file or anything else.People need to call region 1A and raise hell about how this is being handled. Edited by TAC511

I honestly now don't think it's a lie, they are shuffling so many people around in all zones, they don't know what the hell they are doing anymore. It's called the checkerboard cause and effect.

The effect is that it's all fucked up!.

Without cutting jobs they need to eliminate overhead by closing some of these plants, instead they found that running temp workers and keeping them open is highly profitable!.

And for the outsourced jobs, yes I agree they need to bring those jobs back!. That should have been part of the agreement.

Are you as dumb as you look, oh, nevermind. You are. So full of suggestions on what is wrong, but not popular enough to get voted in office. I guess I'll go on BON where people will think I am smart if i bitch bout shit even though I have no creative ideas on what should have been done, nor do I really know what was done. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Everyone knew it was coming. It is just the way it was handled. The last couple of years matters like this have been last minute. You are getting ready to go home for the weekend around 2:30. Hey you are going on ILO or hey you need to report to your new plant you starting monday. Then you are hanging around till the last minute or staying after for your paper work.

Now what is happening about these outside contractors doing our skilled trades work. When ever we asked our union about it while we were sitting in JSP we were told not to worry about it you are getting 40 hours. Can I file a grievance. NO you are getting 40 hours. While I am on ILO and I will be asking to file NOW!

Everyone knew it was coming. It is just the way it was handled. The last couple of years matters like this have been last minute. You are getting ready to go home for the weekend around 2:30. Hey you are going on ILO or hey you need to report to your new plant you starting monday. Then you are hanging around till the last minute or staying after for your paper work.

Now what is happening about these outside contractors doing our skilled trades work. When ever we asked our union about it while we were sitting in JSP we were told not to worry about it you are getting 40 hours. Can I file a grievance. NO you are getting 40 hours. While I am on ILO and I will be asking to file NOW!

Are most of you guys talking about MTP ??? Like someone said in an earlier post this is a job elimnation contract , not job protection. Wait til the trade ILO's take a $4-5/hr paycut when they're forced to production. Oh thats right no one is taking a cut in pay. LOL...

Are most of you guys talking about MTP ??? Like someone said in an earlier post this is a job elimnation contract , not job protection. Wait til the trade ILO's take a $4-5/hr paycut when they're forced to production. Oh thats right no one is taking a cut in pay. LOL...

Doubt you will get any sympathy from a production worker.... :cry: you don't think being able to keep a job paying $26.00 hr, with recall to your trade, is job protection... :headscratch: ....I bet someone working for a parts supplier that was laid off wishes they had this opportunity!

Edited by Captain723

Doubt you will get any sympathy from a production worker.... :cry: you don't think being able to keep a job paying $26.00 hr, with recall to your trade, is job protection... :headscratch: ....I bet someone working for a parts supplier that was laid off wishes they had this opportunity!

There you go skewing the point. Which was "no cuts in pay". Hey I'm probably safe at least til my plant closes. Never asked for sympathy from any prod. And that parts supplier is BS. Stay within one contract eh, Cappy ?! That guy who only gets 26/26 sub gets my sympathy, cuz it amounts to job elimination. Or in the process of losing his house and car while waiting for his plant to be retooled. Thats BS... And no I'm not in that group, I get the 52/52. Just cuz it wont effect me much, doesnt mean I'm ok with it. Save your "live to fight another say" for someone else.

There you go skewing the point. Which was "no cuts in pay". Hey I'm probably safe at least til my plant closes. Never asked for sympathy from any prod. And that parts supplier is BS. Stay within one contract eh, Cappy ?! That guy who only gets 26/26 sub gets my sympathy, cuz it amounts to job elimination. Or in the process of losing his house and car while waiting for his plant to be retooled. Thats BS... And no I'm not in that group, I get the 52/52. Just cuz it wont effect me much, doesnt mean I'm ok with it. Save your "live to fight another say" for someone else.

OOps thats "day"........

No we will not see any sympathy from production. I for one would rather have 26.00 hr than unemployment /sub/tap. You ether go to production or run out of sub/tap. But no mater how you sugger coat this it is forcing you. What sucks is we will be going to plants as production while there is skilled trades with less seniority than us working. If things do not turn around for ford these Trades/Production workers might not see there trade for a long time.

I have been off the boards for a while.Could you recap what you mean by being told at 2:30 Friday goodbye?I want to be able to tell people here at CAP what happened to you.

WOW...Black Lake you claim is there to"Educate Us" Is that another name for indoctrinate or brainwash? I have been there and was disgusted to learn that when the UAW built Black Lake then went to the local unions and negotiated a lower wage for the unionized skilled trades to build the expanse that is called Black Lake. It was a take it or leave it demand to an impoverished area at the time. 1 Union to cut the scale of another union. Hmmm does that sound any different than a Union that negotiates to take seniority employees on the company payroll(JSP) and put them on Unemployment? Then they send their paid lackeys out to the local unions to convince them to screw fellow union members over and place them on unemployment where their time to retirement stops. We gave up alot at 3 different instances, yet Gentle Finger voted himself and his vice presidents a 5% pay raise that they have not given up.

GM and Chrysler offered buyouts totalling 100K in their last offer 75K and a 25K car Voucher. Ford offers Less?

Yet the UAW sees no problem with negotiating with FORD that has not taken any Government Loans and leave Chrysler and GM alone? Should they not have negotiated with GM and Chrysler first. Gentle Finger laid out his plan in Las Vegas when he stated that he was going to grow the UAW in non-automotive areas. That the future of the UAW laid outside of the automotive field.

Well you get what youe elect....Or at least your appointed Representatives elected

Why is there not a company rep on the review of the contract modification vote?

Why isn't there an accounting of the votes broken down by plant as to the number of Yes and NO votes?

Why does the UAW always only report percentages not total number of votes?

I want Regional seniority for Closed or closing plants. In zone only, will not cost the company any initial relocation money, but a seniority employee at a closing plant should have the right to bump the lowest seniority employee within their classification, in their zone, NOT A COMBINED ZONE 1 and 2!

We, (my Local union's skilled Trade members) all stated that we intended to vote the contract modifications down and having been at the plant meeting to discuss it, it was apparent that the attendees wanted to do so also. MONROE, the plant that benefited nothing on this agreement is closed yet WE tried to vote this crap back to the shithole it came from.

WOW...Black Lake you claim is there to"Educate Us" Is that another name for indoctrinate or brainwash? I have been there and was disgusted to learn that when the UAW built Black Lake then went to the local unions and negotiated a lower wage for the unionized skilled trades to build the expanse that is called Black Lake. It was a take it or leave it demand to an impoverished area at the time. 1 Union to cut the scale of another union. Hmmm does that sound any different than a Union that negotiates to take seniority employees on the company payroll(JSP) and put them on Unemployment? Then they send their paid lackeys out to the local unions to convince them to screw fellow union members over and place them on unemployment where their time to retirement stops. We gave up alot at 3 different instances, yet Gentle Finger voted himself and his vice presidents a 5% pay raise that they have not given up.

GM and Chrysler offered buyouts totalling 100K in their last offer 75K and a 25K car Voucher. Ford offers Less?

Yet the UAW sees no problem with negotiating with FORD that has not taken any Government Loans and leave Chrysler and GM alone? Should they not have negotiated with GM and Chrysler first. Gentle Finger laid out his plan in Las Vegas when he stated that he was going to grow the UAW in non-automotive areas. That the future of the UAW laid outside of the automotive field.

Well you get what youe elect....Or at least your appointed Representatives elected

Why is there not a company rep on the review of the contract modification vote?

Why isn't there an accounting of the votes broken down by plant as to the number of Yes and NO votes?

Why does the UAW always only report percentages not total number of votes?

I want Regional seniority for Closed or closing plants. In zone only, will not cost the company any initial relocation money, but a seniority employee at a closing plant should have the right to bump the lowest seniority employee within their classification, in their zone, NOT A COMBINED ZONE 1 and 2!

We, (my Local union's skilled Trade members) all stated that we intended to vote the contract modifications down and having been at the plant meeting to discuss it, it was apparent that the attendees wanted to do so also. MONROE, the plant that benefited nothing on this agreement is closed yet WE tried to vote this crap back to the shithole it came from.

Hey master chefImage-28204-783449-master_chef.jpg

not sure where you are going with the the top of your post, but the 5% raise we have not given up either!! This was back in 2006 and this was again to catch them up with the rest of the memberships raises......why do people keep bringing this up :finger: You aint going to get Regional Seniority, I imagine that we will see very little bumping PERIOD. Do you know how many people were given an out of zone opportunity in zone 1,2 or 3 when it went from being able to refuse job opportunities to being able to refuse 2 before you hit the street with just recall.....0...... go back in the kitchen and try and stir something else up!

He don't get mine, because he will never see 26 weeks waldfk.....there are enough jobs right now to keep everyone working until we get past this down turn.....come on chicken little the sky is not falling, that was an AMERICAN EAGLE shitting on your head! :shades:

He don't get mine, because he will never see 26 weeks waldfk.....there are enough jobs right now to keep everyone working until we get past this down turn.....come on chicken little the sky is not falling, that was an AMERICAN EAGLE shitting on your head! :shades:

I want to be sure to quote this for the archives. Like I said I am probably safe til 2011 or later. But if we dont care about the few among us, we dont really care for any of us. Its a sham(e) if you dont feel any empathy for some who COULD fall through the cracks. Time will tell if this weak-knee'd pc of crap modif. will bite anyone in the ass. Funny , it wasnt an eagle but corporate america that is shitting down hill....

Hey master chefImage-28204-783449-master_chef.jpg

not sure where you are going with the the top of your post, but the 5% raise we have not given up either!! This was back in 2006 and this was again to catch them up with the rest of the memberships raises......why do people keep bringing this up :finger: You aint going to get Regional Seniority, I imagine that we will see very little bumping PERIOD. Do you know how many people were given an out of zone opportunity in zone 1,2 or 3 when it went from being able to refuse job opportunities to being able to refuse 2 before you hit the street with just recall.....0...... go back in the kitchen and try and stir something else up!

It is Masterchief as in retired after 28 years United States Navy achieving the highest enlisted rank. Did you serve or are you one that just critizes those that did? It is okay you live under the blanket of freedom that men like I have guaranteed for you.

At the Las Vegas convention where Gentle Finger ran unopposed? He gave himself and his Vice Presidents a 5% raise to bring them up to par, But at the same time he gave our first wave of concessions. The IUAW is Huge and no one makes less than 100K per year. I have taken a pay cut 85% in JSP yet my dues didn't get cut and Gentle Finger keeps his raise.

Now the UAW has negotiated to put me a 13 year seniority employee off the company payroll and put me on unemployment. Where my retirement ceases (ILO).

I have put in for every in zone opportunity and only passed on an opportunity to Avon Lake. Yet here I sit on unemployment effective Monday. Where are all these jobs to keep people working?

It is Masterchief as in retired after 28 years United States Navy achieving the highest enlisted rank. Did you serve or are you one that just critizes those that did? It is okay you live under the blanket of freedom that men like I have guaranteed for you.

At the Las Vegas convention where Gentle Finger ran unopposed? He gave himself and his Vice Presidents a 5% raise to bring them up to par, But at the same time he gave our first wave of concessions. The IUAW is Huge and no one makes less than 100K per year. I have taken a pay cut 85% in JSP yet my dues didn't get cut and Gentle Finger keeps his raise.

Now the UAW has negotiated to put me a 13 year seniority employee off the company payroll and put me on unemployment. Where my retirement ceases (ILO).

I have put in for every in zone opportunity and only passed on an opportunity to Avon Lake. Yet here I sit on unemployment effective Monday. Where are all these jobs to keep people working?

Respect and restraint dont appear to be Captains' strengths. What plant were you laid off from ??