saline question

ford5151

believe it or not , any plant losing trained people , are hurting in one way or another.

I've heard many areas at dtp have extra people. My team has 7 jobs, we have 9 people and 1 team leader. They would not be hurting one bit if I was sent out. Everyone on our team rotates job after every break. It's not like Saline is going to take long to train us I've already worked there once although the jobs are different now it's no different then being loaned out in Saline. I think they are dragging there feet a little, I don't blame them if I was in the possition to drag it out and had family in there I would try to keep them working as long as I could too. Hope things get better for everyone. BE AMERICAN BUY AMERICAN ask someone driving a honda or toyota if they rooted for Japan in the word baseball classic

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe it or not , any plant losing trained people , are hurting in one way or another.

Thats why people who are scheduled to go to Saline are being pushed back to train people before they leave. Many buildings have extra people. They are supposed to have people on loan to cover the people going to Saline. At a "B" senority. So far this has not happened.

Thats why people who are scheduled to go to Saline are being pushed back to train people before they leave. Many buildings have extra people. They are supposed to have people on loan to cover the people going to Saline. At a "B" senority. So far this has not happened.

Gas prices have started to go back up. All the truck operations and support there of will begin to follow the same pattern as this time last year.

:lastyear:

I think the transfers will continue to drag out. It's bad enough the company can't keep us working, but then to expect them to pay to train on both ends of each transfer might be expecting a bit much. We'll eventually get there, but it could be a while.

:missing:

Gas prices have started to go back up. All the truck operations and support there of will begin to follow the same pattern as this time last year.

:lastyear:

I think the transfers will continue to drag out. It's bad enough the company can't keep us working, but then to expect them to pay to train on both ends of each transfer might be expecting a bit much. We'll eventually get there, but it could be a while.

:missing:

training!!! christ how hard is it to do frickin job? I guess I must be in a pretty good area then. Have you ever been loaned out? Same thing learn job do job I WE TODD DID YOU WE TODD DID WE WE TODD DID

training!!! christ how hard is it to do frickin job? I guess I must be in a pretty good area then. Have you ever been loaned out? Same thing learn job do job I WE TODD DID YOU WE TODD DID WE WE TODD DID

Have you ever worked in an assembly plant? Some jobs take 10 mins to learn, some several days. And you have those that refuse to learn a job until they've had 3 days training, regardless how long it actuall takes to learn the job. Yes, I was an extra for more than 10 years, I was loaned everywhere. But in an assembly plant, loaned out workers only do half of a job. And many of them bust their ass that 1 day on half a job trying to get their speed up. So, yes I suppose you must be in a pretty easy place to work. There weren't a whole lot of jobs at MTP that they would cut you loose on by yourself the first day as far as doing the whole job. Most of the depts in a real assy plant will write somebody up for too many line stops. Even if there is a trainee or a loan out on the job, the supervisor or dept head still has to answer for all down time in an assy plant. Parts plants don't seem to put as much emphasis on keeping the line running. Instead of getting all bent of shape, maybe you might consider that things are different in other plants from where you work or play cards or watch tv or whatever it is you can learn to do with virtually no training or time to develope coordination and muscle memory.

:angrymirror: :gang:

I've heard many areas at dtp have extra people. My team has 7 jobs, we have 9 people and 1 team leader. They would not be hurting one bit if I was sent out. Everyone on our team rotates job after every break. It's not like Saline is going to take long to train us I've already worked there once although the jobs are different now it's no different then being loaned out in Saline. I think they are dragging there feet a little, I don't blame them if I was in the possition to drag it out and had family in there I would try to keep them working as long as I could too. Hope things get better for everyone. BE AMERICAN BUY AMERICAN ask someone driving a honda or toyota if they rooted for Japan in the word baseball classic

I'll try to explain this one more time. Saline is not holding you back it is your plant that is holding you. Two weeks in a row Saline was expecting employees from AAI but two weeks in a row they were held by AAI. The reason the Visteon employees have not begun to be laid off yet is because of the WARN Act which is a Federal law designed to protect workers who will be permenantly displaced. If you just do an internet search for WARN Act you can read it for yourself. There are guidelines which have to be strictly followed no hidden agenda although the idea of it makes much more interesting gossip. Yes there are hundreds of employees here who have family and friends working and the accusation that is the reason for the delay is a little worn out to say the least. If you are working and not in JSP there should be little issue if it takes some time to get here. Saline is experiencing numerous layoffs at this time and many of the Loaned Ford workers got 2 days of orientation and were then laid-off. Some were not laid-off but are getting sent home everyday. Things are slow everywhere but we all have to hang in there and get through it. If you are in JSP there is more reason for concern as the SUB clock starts ticking. As someone posted earlier April 14th is the earliest any Visteon employee can be laid of and again this is due to the WARN letters. Hope this helps for a better understanding.

I'll try to explain this one more time. Saline is not holding you back it is your plant that is holding you. Two weeks in a row Saline was expecting employees from AAI but two weeks in a row they were held by AAI. The reason the Visteon employees have not begun to be laid off yet is because of the WARN Act which is a Federal law designed to protect workers who will be permenantly displaced. If you just do an internet search for WARN Act you can read it for yourself. There are guidelines which have to be strictly followed no hidden agenda although the idea of it makes much more interesting gossip. Yes there are hundreds of employees here who have family and friends working and the accusation that is the reason for the delay is a little worn out to say the least. If you are working and not in JSP there should be little issue if it takes some time to get here. Saline is experiencing numerous layoffs at this time and many of the Loaned Ford workers got 2 days of orientation and were then laid-off. Some were not laid-off but are getting sent home everyday. Things are slow everywhere but we all have to hang in there and get through it. If you are in JSP there is more reason for concern as the SUB clock starts ticking. As someone posted earlier April 14th is the earliest any Visteon employee can be laid of and again this is due to the WARN letters. Hope this helps for a better understanding.

just curious does anybody know why the W.A.R.N. act does or does not apply to all of the ford employees that were in jsp and not given any notice of being layed off /except for what was voted on . from what i have read of the warn act it seems it should have applied to them also but maybe one of you out there knows more?

just curious does anybody know why the W.A.R.N. act does or does not apply to all of the ford employees that were in jsp and not given any notice of being layed off /except for what was voted on . from what i have read of the warn act it seems it should have applied to them also but maybe one of you out there knows more?

I think the WARN Act applies to when your actual plant closed and not a transition from JSP to ILO. I'm sure you were given at least a 60 day notification when your plant closed and that is all the WARN Act requires. However I am by no means an expert on the subject. You might want to read up on it at the Department of Labors official website.. http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-warn.htm

I've worked at both DTP and Saline and haven't found a job I couldn't do. My wife even can pick up a job in less than half a day, on a "supposed hard job" in Saline. Obviously you must not have coordination or muscle memory, or balls

Have you ever worked in an assembly plant? Some jobs take 10 mins to learn, some several days. And you have those that refuse to learn a job until they've had 3 days training, regardless how long it actuall takes to learn the job. Yes, I was an extra for more than 10 years, I was loaned everywhere. But in an assembly plant, loaned out workers only do half of a job. And many of them bust their ass that 1 day on half a job trying to get their speed up. So, yes I suppose you must be in a pretty easy place to work. There weren't a whole lot of jobs at MTP that they would cut you loose on by yourself the first day as far as doing the whole job. Most of the depts in a real assy plant will write somebody up for too many line stops. Even if there is a trainee or a loan out on the job, the supervisor or dept head still has to answer for all down time in an assy plant. Parts plants don't seem to put as much emphasis on keeping the line running. Instead of getting all bent of shape, maybe you might consider that things are different in other plants from where you work or play cards or watch tv or whatever it is you can learn to do with virtually no training or time to develope coordination and muscle memory.

:angrymirror: :gang:

I've worked at both DTP and Saline and haven't found a job I couldn't do. My wife even can pick up a job in less than half a day, on a "supposed hard job" in Saline. Obviously you must not have coordination or muscle memory, or balls

You're a bitter little fella, aren't ya? Very narrow mind. There are no hard jobs at Saline. That's why everyone calls it a country club. What department did you work in at DTP?

You're a bitter little fella, aren't ya? Very narrow mind. There are no hard jobs at Saline. That's why everyone calls it a country club. What department did you work in at DTP?
So no hard jobs at Saline you say! Sounds like we have a volunteer for the wireharness job on the 415 IP truck line. Whats your name, Ill let Bonnie know that she has fresh meat to play with! :hysterical: :happy feet:

I worked on the frame line and now chasis 1 now. Oh how I can't wait to see good ole Bonnie. She cracks me up.

BINGO!!!

Edited by Pulse

So no hard jobs at Saline you say! Sounds like we have a volunteer for the wireharness job on the 415 IP truck line. Whats your name, Ill let Bonnie know that she has fresh meat to play with! :hysterical: :happy feet:

Bonnie is one of most mellow supervisors in Saline. Is Charlie still there? That wireharness job has 3-4 people on it rotating right? There is no comparison between Saline & any assembly plant. The hardest thing to do in Saline, Is walk through the gate. :hysterical:

Edited by Hi-lo Saline

Bonnie is one of most mellow supervisors in Saline. Is Charlie still there? That wireharness job has 3-4 people on it rotating right? There is no comparison between Saline & any assembly plant. The hardest thing to do Saline, Is walk through the gate. :hysterical:

Damn, you made my point for me. Thank you, Hi-Lo.

:woot:

Bonnie is one of most mellow supervisors in Saline. Is Charlie still there? That wireharness job has 3-4 people on it rotating right? There is no comparison between Saline & any assembly plant. The hardest thing to do in Saline, Is walk through the gate. :hysterical:

yes charlie is still there he's on the 415 door line on midnights right now he's on days this week, midnights is tlo, :happy feet: he told my wife they are not running on friday.

Uh, whens the last time u worked 4 Bonnie? She has fired a number of people, and the last time I checked, the

harness job was assholes and elbows! :shades: :shades:

Beings you know a Hi-Lo. You make sure you get the combie press job in mediums. Let me know if you end up with it. I'll have the kleenex ready for ya. :hysterical:

So many people who have came here (even people who have returned) are crying like you would'nt believe! And its not about seniority!

Its not the same place. Bruce runs the show now bitches. :hysterical:

Beings you know a Hi-Lo. You make sure you get the combie press job in mediums. Let me know if you end up with it. I'll have the kleenex ready for ya. :hysterical:

So many people who have came here (even people who have returned) are crying like you would'nt believe! And its not about seniority!

And, just wait till the shorter breaks kick in. CRY BITCHES, CRY!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

It's been a year now for me, Bruce is the man or what? where is Brandon & jodie or Jason? they didn't crumble did they? @ the stamping plant we have the superintendent, Leroy, he tells the "UNION" whats up, it's pretty sad, although, Leroy is actually pretty cool after all the shit is done., however it "IS" his way or not at all.

Ok tough guy tell everyone what hard job you have. Is that mop and broom hurting your hands. :hysterical: :happy feet: