WAP

thezip

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm who told you this?

conflicting reports out of ISA.. I know a few people that received an automated message saying they were on indefinite layoff starting the 23rd. also heard that some received a call the next day saying to ignore the previous message.. who knows whats going on, no one can get a straight answer.

I've also heard that ford is looking to layoff 200 people, not sure if thats ISA or if its ISA & Assembly combined...

conflicting reports out of ISA.. I know a few people that received an automated message saying they were on indefinite layoff starting the 23rd. also heard that some received a call the next day saying to ignore the previous message.. who knows whats going on, no one can get a straight answer.

I've also heard that ford is looking to layoff 200 people, not sure if thats ISA or if its ISA & Assembly combined...

Im sure that 200 number being thrown around is low balling. Wayne complex is over staffed by atleast 600 employee's. I think there will be some more people getting shuffled around, if not being ILO'd altogether. This year will be interesting for all of us, I'm keeping my finger's crossed for all of us!

It would make sense since the folks who signed up for DTP etc are now being told that there not going there now so they'll be going to WAP. Just saying...

The folks over at dtp that reported or signed will be out an additional 6 months per the contract another way we the worker is getting screwed was told that by the rouge people meanwhile I am still not working while people with 2000 seniority keep roling

:slap:

The folks over at dtp that reported or signed will be out an additional 6 months per the contract another way we the worker is getting screwed was told that by the rouge people meanwhile I am still not working while people with 2000 seniority keep roling

You're absolutely right. I transferred from MTP to DDMP, which shadows DTP's schedule, and yes, there are many 2000 sen. people working right along side of us on the line and driving hi-lo's, too. I've also been told by someone from International that the list of transferees to Saline goes as low as 2002. I hear about you folks with as high as '88 seniority that have been laid off since before Thanksgiving(which is when we stopped production at MTP) that are still waiting to go to Dearborn Engine and even Woodhaven and I can't help but wonder; Why someone with the union or the company doesn't do the right thing and put you to work in your respective plants and lay off the low seniority people scheduled for Saline until they get their call? I'm waiting to go to Saline as well. DDMP and DTP are both down this week, but right before we lauched the 3 crew in Feb, we were working overtime on 2 shifts while high sen. was burning up unemployment and sub. There's been plenty of time to get this right(by seniority) and I just don't believe that the powers to be don't have the foresight to know what's coming up next. We all new these Saline transfers were going to be a long dragged out process. They ought to be getting high seniority back to work and let at least the low sen. Saline people share some of this down time. 4 months and counting is too long to be out with no firm reporting date when you have so many people waiting to transfer.

:slap:

You're absolutely right. I transferred from MTP to DDMP, which shadows DTP's schedule, and yes, there are many 2000 sen. people working right along side of us on the line and driving hi-lo's, too. I've also been told by someone from International that the list of transferees to Saline goes as low as 2002. I hear about you folks with as high as '88 seniority that have been laid off since before Thanksgiving(which is when we stopped production at MTP) that are still waiting to go to Dearborn Engine and even Woodhaven and I can't help but wonder; Why someone with the union or the company doesn't do the right thing and put you to work in your respective plants and lay off the low seniority people scheduled for Saline until they get their call? I'm waiting to go to Saline as well. DDMP and DTP are both down this week, but right before we lauched the 3 crew in Feb, we were working overtime on 2 shifts while high sen. was burning up unemployment and sub. There's been plenty of time to get this right(by seniority) and I just don't believe that the powers to be don't have the foresight to know what's coming up next. We all new these Saline transfers were going to be a long dragged out process. They ought to be getting high seniority back to work and let at least the low sen. Saline people share some of this down time. 4 months and counting is too long to be out with no firm reporting date when you have so many people waiting to transfer.

Try being out for 8 months.

I would be looking for another job.

:eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: :eek5:

doing what?? we still make decent money on layoff with the sub. we have rolling down weeks, and being laid off aint a bad gig as long as you know you are coming back. problem is I doubt I will hang on. that doesnt mean I am going to volunteer to go. I will hang in here until they make me leave. then I will relocate and do something else.

doing what?? we still make decent money on layoff with the sub. we have rolling down weeks, and being laid off aint a bad gig as long as you know you are coming back. problem is I doubt I will hang on. that doesnt mean I am going to volunteer to go. I will hang in here until they make me leave. then I will relocate and do something else.

First, 1 year and 8 months and counting? You could be working on a college degree. You have the time.

Second, after that long, you don't know anything about coming back. We have people that have been out 4 months that don't know when they are going back to work. And many probably have more senority than you.

Third, you say yourself you doubt you will hang on. They're still offering buyouts, including education packages. Once the company decides to start letting hourly people go, there will not be any buy outs available to any one with less than 25 years company sen. or most likely 55 years of age.

You have to start coming up with a plan when you've been out that long. This is not the 80's. THIS economic crisis is affecting most of the country. This is not a phase or rough patch we're going through. This is a stage of economic evolution. We are not going back. The company and the UAW will continue to shrink and so will our compensation. This is not about hanging on to what you have as much as it is preparing for the inevitable. I'm not criticizing anybody or trying to put you down. But sooner or later, there are not going to be enough funds to support all of these people that have been on long term layoff. Hang on as long as you can, but it will suck real bad when you get the news one day that there's nothing left to hang onto and you're out there with about 12-15 million other people(not including illegal aliens) trying to start all over. Again, it's better to get ready for that while you still have money coming in, rather than waiting for the bottom to fall out altogether.

:shift:

First, 1 year and 8 months and counting? You could be working on a college degree. You have the time.

Second, after that long, you don't know anything about coming back. We have people that have been out 4 months that don't know when they are going back to work. And many probably have more senority than you.

Third, you say yourself you doubt you will hang on. They're still offering buyouts, including education packages. Once the company decides to start letting hourly people go, there will not be any buy outs available to any one with less than 25 years company sen. or most likely 55 years of age.

You have to start coming up with a plan when you've been out that long. This is not the 80's. THIS economic crisis is affecting most of the country. This is not a phase or rough patch we're going through. This is a stage of economic evolution. We are not going back. The company and the UAW will continue to shrink and so will our compensation. This is not about hanging on to what you have as much as it is preparing for the inevitable. I'm not criticizing anybody or trying to put you down. But sooner or later, there are not going to be enough funds to support all of these people that have been on long term layoff. Hang on as long as you can, but it will suck real bad when you get the news one day that there's nothing left to hang onto and you're out there with about 12-15 million other people(not including illegal aliens) trying to start all over. Again, it's better to get ready for that while you still have money coming in, rather than waiting for the bottom to fall out altogether.

I am ready, I have plans, but I am not going to leave until I have to. If I am wrong, and I don't leave, even better. I like my job, and the people I work with. A lot of the people who took the buyout are unemployed and broke. some are doing well, the ones that had a good plan and stuck to it. In the northern counties of metro detroit (lapeer, genesse, st clair and sanilac) unemployment is well into the double digit range 14% or more. so I have no illusions about finding work here, especially when there are much better opportunities in other places. lots of places have half the unemployment as we do. I wouldn't tell anyone else what to do, but unless you can commit to an educational plan, or some business opportunity, I would stick it out and see what happens.

I really do not think,WAP management really has any idea what is going on so, I think we will be working week by week for a while. I have only been the a month now and, got at least 20 different stories from supervisors and,UAW. Hope the new plant comes to life soon....

Edited by Michigander

I really do not think,WAP management really has any idea what is going on so, I think we will be working week by week for a while. I have only been the a month now and, got at least 20 different stories from supervisors and,UAW. Hope the new plant comes to life soon....

What makes you think the "new plant" will be better?

Same management same local union officials!!

Well dumbass, they closed my plant and when I went into GEN there were NO postings for a year. I have over 17 years with the company.10years as a tradesman which you are not so I assume you are not smart enough to pass the test.I allready put myself through college (Bacholars in markting) trough that time ass well ass through school for trades.

When I went in there were no postings, when there were postings all the chairs dumped a shit load of people in gen to help them jump ship. When there were posting there was also alot of crooked shit giong on also.

Why would I leave when there are people with a quarter of the time working? And I am a third of the way to retirement?

Think about this when you offer advice ....jackass!