KTP Bulletin on Friday

waloud

I heard that Kentucky could build the 8 foot box f150. DTP can not. So if ford moved production of the 8 foot box to kentucky and the rest to DTP that would allow them to utilize those plants to their fullest.

Yes, this is exactly what I heard also. Ford would use DTP and KTP to their fullest effiency and...... do WHAT with KCAP truck side?

Oh but there is more:

I also heard that DTP is retooling specific areas of their plant so they can now produce the standard cab -- which was the only reason the BShift was brought back to KCAP in the first place. So if DTP can build Standard Cab, and KTP can build the 8' box, then what happens to KCAP truck side?

Add to all this:

I have also heard that the F150 production at KCAP will be gone before the end of the year... and what do you have?

Not a goddamn thing but a handful of rumors and speculation that doesnt amount to jack shit.

:headscratch:

ALL KIDDING ASIDE:

Does anyone here really think Ford plans to run KCAP at 50% capacity to build this van -- that may or maynot be able to run at the Avon Lake Plant -- (or use the truck side to "warehouse vans") just because its centrally located and on a specific Hwy intersection? Man, I'd like to belive that, but I just dont see that happening.

And WHY are many of the other plants receiving their 2009 schedules through December and we cant get any official notice past next month? Something doesn't "feel" right and I suspect something big is just around the corner to kick us right in the teeth.

:runaway:

Edited by AnotherAutoWorker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where he came from before, but I believe he came from LAP before he came to KTP.

Yes, before lap he was at SLAP. He also brought some of his cronies with him. (two of which are now gone, after the screwing all of paint dept up!) :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:headscratch:

Wasn't he the plant manager at SLAP before they closed? That names sounds familiar but my memory isn't what it used to be...

No, he had already been moved to LAP about a year or so before SLAP closed. He was at LAP as assisant plant manager before he came to SLAP as plant manager. His dad was also a plant manager at SLAP. I believe SLAP is were his Ford career got started.

I'm talking about D. Phillips, was paint area manager at SLAP, went to LAP when SLAP closed.

D. Phillips didnt know shit about paint in st. louis, he just gazed at people with his arms folded, and said stupid shit all day... doubt he has learned much since moving to LAP.

D. Phillips didnt know shit about paint in st. louis, he just gazed at people with his arms folded, and said stupid shit all day... doubt he has learned much since moving to LAP.

I believe he was just recently relieved of his area manager duties at LAP.

The explorer going to Chicago is not new, its always been going to Chicago from the first day we at LAP heard we were losing it. This is one story that has stayed consistant.

Once the 2012 contracts are ratified, LAP will probably go down faster than a teenager on prom night.

:speedie:

Line 1 builds 250's, 350's, 450's, and 550's. Line 2 builds 250's, 350's, Navi's, and Expeditions.

I also have heard that KTP should be getting the F-150, but I believe it wasn't gonna be all of them. Apparently Ford has been buying more land around the plant to expand for this. Just what alot of us have heard at KTP. There has been a rumor that the name "Kentucky Truck Plant" is to be changed to "American Truck Assembly" sometime.

All of this is nothing but RUMORS!! KTP is getting this and that, I've heard just about every truck and/or van is/was coming to KTP, and other than the Exp. & Nav. (order bank of around 9000) we still built nothing but Super Duty trucks. The Econoline has been coming for about 10 yrs. then the F-100 (?????), maybe the Explorer at one time, F-150 diesel (???), now the F-150 8' bed and the Econoline cutaway.

ALL RUMORS!!!!!!!!!!! And if in fact some plant does get a product, why so happy? This just means other uaw memebers are possiblily out of a job. Here to hoping will all stay working!!!! :reading:

Pretty sure that Ron is from LAP,Jizzster. :shades:

Correct.

Gettelfinger started his union involvement in 1964 in Louisville, Kentucky, at the Louisville Assembly Plant run by Ford Motor Company while working as a chassis line repairman. The workers at Ford's Louisville Assembly plant elected Gettelfinger to represent them as committeeperson, bargaining chair and president. He was elected president of local union 862 in 1984. In 1987, he became a member of the Ford-UAW bargaining committee. Afterwards, he held other positions: director of UAW Region 3 and the UAW chaplaincy program. For six years he served as the elected director of UAW Region 3, which represents UAW members in Indiana and Kentucky, before being elected a UAW vice president in 1998. Gettelfinger was elected to his first term as president of the UAW at the 33rd Convention in 2002. He was elected to a second term on June 14, 2006, at the UAW's 34th Convention in Las Vegas. On March 19, 2009, Gettelfinger announced he intended to retire at the end of his term and would not run for reelection in 2010.

LINK

Ok, tell me some facts. My union rep claims that Gettlefinger's plant, which is KTP got sweet deals in the concessions. Is that true? I am not into rumors or shit, I want to know what you all have heard. Would Gettlefinger stoop that low to betray one UAW plant over another?

Your not into rumors---but you want to know "what we've heard"? Very few things on this forum are "fact". But he is from LAP.

Ok, tell me some facts. My union rep claims that Gettlefinger's plant, which is KTP got sweet deals in the concessions. Is that true? I am not into rumors or shit, I want to know what you all have heard. Would Gettlefinger stoop that low to betray one UAW plant over another?

LOL, and this is the site you come to :hysterical::finger:

Edited by fordtpworker1993

I'll give you 2 facts:

1) Eventually, you are going to die.

2) Eventually, so is everyone else.

Other than that, I just mostly hear rumors. Good luck, tho.

:angel:

We got some real sweet deals down here.

Get serious, we got the same deal as everybody else. He is from LAP not KTP by the way. We are all in the same boat, so let's keep paddling.... :happy feet: :happy feet: