Transit Connect

You ship transmissions to all ford plants, so what trannys come from overseas too, what the fuck does that have to do with shipping whole vehicles.I'm done trying to explain this I really don't care who's builds it. I was more upset that iuaw would lie to us just to get us to vote for concessions that was the whole point of the first post!!!!!! sorry if I offended you kalu that was not my intention.

No offense, lets just see what unfolds brother. We will try and keep up with the electric Connect, the ground is being leveled out now, no footings yet.

You ship transmissions to all ford plants, so what trannys come from overseas too, what the fuck does that have to do with shipping whole vehicles.I'm done trying to explain this I really don't care who's builds it. I was more upset that iuaw would lie to us just to get us to vote for concessions that was the whole point of the first post!!!!!! sorry if I offended you kalu that was not my intention.

Do you believe or are you trying to get other people to believe that this outside company is going to build the vehicle? I honestly dont understand how you are being led to believe that the IUAW lied about the build location of the Transit/connect. What does any of this have to do with shipping whole vehicles?

Shipping the powertrains is alot more cost effective than shipping the vehicle. They dont ship the vehicle for powertrain install anywhere that I know of. Im just speculating but I dont think 100,000sq ft and 100 employees is enough to manufacture, store, and install powertrains. They also say they are building for more than Ford. So who says their choice of facility location has anything to do with where the ford assembly plant is?

Do you believe or are you trying to get other people to believe that this outside company is going to build the vehicle? I honestly dont understand how you are being led to believe that the IUAW lied about the build location of the Transit/connect. What does any of this have to do with shipping whole vehicles?

No ford will build it and smith electric would put the electric battery/engine in it then ship to final destination. Ford does this now with econoline vans ford builds them then sends them out to be retro fitted for natural gas engines.Which is done in berea ,ohio 20 miles away from the plant. AT&T IS buying 8000 thousand of these vans these are the same as every other van that goes down the line. Ford just doesn't do the natural gas engines some outside company does,who knows why, we used to make the engines and install them back in 2001.Ford probably couldn't afford the r&d so the outsourced it just like the battery smith makes they already retrofit these in vans overseas in europe.

Don't know where you see the words "version being similar in size but not the same" in this sentence.

Seems pretty clear to me.

You talk about learning reading comprehension have you ever used a dictionary here is a link for the word version maybe it will help you comprehend the meaning. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/version

Here's some help on your geography as well.

post-29600-1238121387_thumb.png

No offense, lets just see what unfolds brother. We will try and keep up with the electric Connect, the ground is being leveled out now, no footings yet.

Not for sure, but Ford is usually vague with wording when it comes to new product in the public eyes...for many reasons!!! Competitors and also because they are looking for tax breaks to bring new product into states or plants, so they also do this for some local tax breaks incentives!!! If they announce where these new vehicles are going prior to cashing in on tax and state aid, then it is harder for them to negotiate for any incentives if they have already agreed to the work going in a certain area or plant. So they must be careful with wording on any announcements!! :reading:

Why would they put the plant to retro-fit the vans in kc if the van was getting built in ohio makes NO SENSE!!! You can bet they put the transit connect in kc. Only time will tell,I hope your right for your sake.

So quick to point fingers. The Transit Connect is being imported from Turkey until we begin building it at OHAP. This company is probably just like any other retrofit electric company who buys them and sells them. It doesn't matter where they are located if they put in a fleet order, Ford will deliver them to their door.

No ford will build it and smith electric would put the electric battery/engine in it then ship to final destination. Ford does this now with econoline vans ford builds them then sends them out to be retro fitted for natural gas engines.Which is done in berea ,ohio 20 miles away from the plant. AT&T IS buying 8000 thousand of these vans these are the same as every other van that goes down the line. Ford just doesn't do the natural gas engines some outside company does,who knows why, we used to make the engines and install them back in 2001.Ford probably couldn't afford the r&d so the outsourced it just like the battery smith makes they already retrofit these in vans overseas in europe.

They are not building a new plant, they will be using an excisting complex. Also, I would not be surprised to see the Transit retro fitted also, Smith elec builds a box van elec vehicle able to haul 16000 lbs, doubt the transit connect could handle that :hysterical:

Edited by kalu

Interesting.

Smith Electric Vehicles, a trading division of The Tanfield Group Plc, will work with Ford to introduce a battery-electric light van, the first vehicle in the company's broad electrification strategy for the North American market which was announced at this year's Detroit Auto Show. This vehicle will be based on the European-designed Ford Transit Connect which goes on sale in North America this year.

The vehicle, which Smith will assemble in North America, will have a range of up to 100 miles on a full charge, without compromising the Transit Connect's superior driving experience. It will operate very similarly to a conventional light van, but with smoother acceleration, less noise and zero emissions. The vehicle will be fully branded as a Ford product and will go on sale through selected Ford dealerships in North America in 2010.

LINK

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/1110619.html

"The chassis of the electric Smith Newton is manufactured in the Czech Republic. The drive system is made by Enova Systems based in Torrance, Calif. Hansel said the parts for the vehicle will be shipped to Kansas City by rail.

Tony Reinhart, a spokesman for Ford Motor Co., said a second, smaller all-electric delivery van called the Ford Transit Connect will be assembled at the Kansas City plant beginning in 2010. The chassis for that vehicle is made in Turkey."

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/1110619.html

"The chassis of the electric Smith Newton is manufactured in the Czech Republic. The drive system is made by Enova Systems based in Torrance, Calif. Hansel said the parts for the vehicle will be shipped to Kansas City by rail.

Tony Reinhart, a spokesman for Ford Motor Co., said a second, smaller all-electric delivery van called the Ford Transit Connect will be assembled at the Kansas City plant beginning in 2010. The chassis for that vehicle is made in Turkey."

Exactly looks like bob king lied too you guys!

Maybe not! KCAP might end up with both. King might have lied to OHAP. :stirpot:

I don't care who he lied to just that he's supposed to represent us and or interests not the companys, i'm just saying that IUAW had the information about which plants are getting what and they gave us mis-information just cause they think we can't handle the truth.

I don't care who he lied to just that he's supposed to represent us and or interests not the companys, i'm just saying that IUAW had the information about which plants are getting what and they gave us mis-information just cause they think we can't handle the truth.

Give it time, my guess is the promises may be modified.

With Gettelfinger retiring next June, they just might. Ford has been trying to close a certain plant for awhile now, and it's about to lose it's ace in the hole.
lap is not going to close, no matter wether gettlefinger leaves or not, it seems the only ones saying it is going to close is other plants that are trying to get future products, lap is being used as a pilot plant now, with the alternating crews, 4= 10's and now the direct deposit procedure, plus is near the top in quality and safety. But we all will see what happens in a year from now, good luck to all

The full size transit will come to ohap to replace the econoline.BUT it has been delayed.

LINK: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...cash/index.html

From what Ive read in this discussion forum it looks like the connect location may have changed to KC.

"TRANSIT CONNECT: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople."

There has been no new news on the full size transit, because of that i would think that other then the delay that it is still slated for the Ohio assembly plant.

"ECONOLINE/TRANSIT: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins."

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually.

FULL STORY:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2...fitability.html

The full size transit will come to ohap to replace the econoline.BUT it has been delayed.

LINK: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...cash/index.html

From what Ive read in this discussion forum it looks like the connect location may have changed to KC.

"TRANSIT CONNECT: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople."

There has been no new news on the full size transit, because of that i would think that other then the delay that it is still slated for the Ohio assembly plant.

"ECONOLINE/TRANSIT: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins."

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually.

FULL STORY:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2...fitability.html

Cmon dude your just starting a chain of crap if you are going to post pre-modification and nearly 1 year old articles! :censored:

Edited by Hi Ho Silver

Cmon dude your just starting a chain of crap if you are going to post pre-modification and nearly 1 year old articles! :censored:

Until someone shows me in writing from a credible source,that this has changed (other than the delay)

I'm sticken to it.DUDE !

"Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

Until someone shows me in writing from a credible source,that this has changed (other than the delay)

I'm sticken to it.DUDE !

"Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

Yeah, by 2015 maybe. :hysterical: