2010/2011 Ford Focus

LINK

car_photo_304865_25.jpg

Ford gave the strongest hint of how its upcoming models will look when it revealed the Iosis Max at the Geneva Motor Show last month (see Issue 1,053). And it’s from this car that the new Focus takes much of its styling inspiration.

Emphasis will be put on ride and refinement.

New turbocharged EcoBoost engines dominate the line-up (...) most variants will get a new 1.6-litre turbo, available with 148bhp or 178bhp outputs (...) with low fuel consumption and CO2 emissions to give buyers the best of both worlds.

Ford will also offer its Powershift twin-clutch transmission. Start-stop technology is set to be rolled out across the range, too.

Sources have revealed that it looks as though the Focus and C-MAX compact MPV will be launched simultaneously in 2010.

The models have been developed alongside each other

Well, Ford's new global design language is here, and just like I predicted, Horbury and his RW&B BS is out, Kinetic 2 is in.

Mays & the official BON grouches favored FOE's style, just like I foresaw. :shades:

Next on the list of RJ's failed predictions:

Fiesta launching @ 11.5k plus destination, "tops". :hysterical:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, like you don't remember a bunch of things I've said as well.

As for Callum, look at his resume, prior to Mazda he was already a FNA guy used to limited input on new designs, so it was the right match for the "job" he'll be handling. According to AN, that was one of the reasons Horbury became a pain in the ass to Fields and Mulally, so they ditch... err, "promoted" him up and out. ;)

Edited by pcsario

Yeah, like you don't remember a bunch of things I've said as well.

I really don't. All I remember is "FoE rulz" and "Fusion was never ever ever intended to be sold outside the US & Canada.

prior to Mazda

Right. Callum was given a job with less responsibility and less freedom of action than the job he had at Mazda. If that's the case, Horbury's was not the only promotion that belongs in quotation marks.

pcsario....where ya been??

Went on a long trip late last year to Turkey, Egypt, and Greece. Saw Transit Connects everywhere.

I've actually been lurking for a couple months now, the news were too depressing at the time.

Would've felt wrong to talk about anything.

I really don't. All I remember is "FoE rulz" and "Fusion was never ever ever intended to be sold outside the US & Canada.

LOL you're so lucky the search feature is off, I clearly remember reading a bunch of "out of nowhere" jabs from you aimed at either P71 and/or me in other threads. Plus lets not forget all the times you played Dr. Phill on me.

Right. Callum was given a job with less responsibility and less freedom of action than the job he had at Mazda. If that's the case, Horbury's was not the only promotion that belongs in quotation marks.

1.- Horbury felt powerless and wanted more control. Fields and Mulally sided with the experts, Mays, Smith & Lamm. They all love kinetic.

2.- Callum's filling the exact position Horbury had. That position ended up having extremely limited input, which led to Horbury's meltdowns.

3.- See #1

Just look at all the love the Taurus is getting due to its FOE-inspired looks. FNA will use kinetic design. 'Nuff said. :shades:

Edited by pcsario

lets not forget all the times you played Dr. Phill on me.

You know, Cesar, your first post here in months was a duplicate thread that was written to pick a fight.

I'm polling the other moderators regarding your future here. Having banned P71 (just like AutoBlog), I see no reason to allow you to continue posting here.

I've done nothing wrong here, nor have I insulted anyone by calling them morons and the like, the kind of attitude you constantly tolerate when it's aimed at me. And the Dr. Phill thing wasn't an insult, it was a fact. Questioning my mental sanity with long winded posts is not cool, nor was attacking my family with your wetback comment a long time ago. I haven't come anywhere CLOSE to that with you or your friends (edit: Sadly, until today for the 1st. time), yet here you are acting once again like you're on some sort of higher ground, morals-wise.

Do quote this post when talking to them. If I'm gone, I at least want them to respectfully know you moderate with a personal agenda, because other than you, and you --repeatedly-- no one else seems to want me banned. Oh, except those you constantly play a blind eye on.

Having a different viewpoint than yours is not a reason to ban anyone, especially when you have declared yourself to be a contrarian. If everyone here had mod powers and used the same criteria you use, 99.9% of the board would be banned by now. It's just silly, just stop cherry picking targets already out of personal agendas and, dare I say it, hidden hate.

I've been a member for almost 7 years. SEVEN years, and yet, I only became "an issue" once you were given a voice.

Food for thought.

Edited by pcsario

nor have I insulted anyone by calling them morons and the like

You have not insulted people by calling them morons. But you insult people on a continual basis. It is, in fact, part and parcel of every post you make here.

I at least want them to respectfully know you moderate with a personal agenda

They see what I post here. They let me moderate. There's nothing for you to say.

If everyone here had mod powers and used the same criteria you use, 99.9% of the board would be banned by now

That's funny. I think that if we took a poll right now, most of the board members would assert that we took too long to ban P71 & Bluecon, and that we've been far too patient with you. Don't believe me? Start a poll on yourself if you dare. I won't interfere with it and I promise that I will not vote in it.

You have not insulted people by calling them morons. But you insult people on a continual basis. It is, in fact, part and parcel of every post you make here.

Nope I don't. Not any different from your friend Edstock up there, fitting the text in your quote to a tee.

Sorry about that, I forgot you don't moderate with an agenda or cherry pick targets. My bad.

They see what I post here. They let me moderate. There's nothing for you to say.

They see what I post here. They let me be a member. There's no one here asking for my head.

That's funny. I think that if we took a poll right now...

Define "we".

I feel like I'm a bar here most of the time, just chillin' with others talking about Ford. Whatever they say to me, I know they don't really mean it, including the attacks. As for you feeling harrased... please. Look at what you did to mhlm and his threads. Ooooh... you were just having a sense of humor there. Isn't that irony at its finest?

Why should I start a poll again? You're the only one complaining about my return.

And --you'll love this-- that's a FACT.

Edited by pcsario

They see what I post here. They let me be a member. There's no one here asking for my head.

This forum is moderated by me and two other people. We've put up with you in the past. We are under no obligation to put up with you in the future.

Look at what you did to mhlm and his threads.

Me? I'm sorry. You're much mistaken.

That thread was renamed and hijacked by someone else. Don't believe me? Go through the first page of the thread and see for yourself.

Believe me when I say that the other mods have far less patience than I do.

Edited by RichardJensen

Nope I don't. Not any different from your friend Edstock up there, fitting the text in your quote to a tee.

You're entitled to your opinion, whatever.

BUT when you make statements like "Horbury's meltdown" and you supply NO facts to back up your assertion that Horbury had a meltdown, that won't wash.

Your signature is a bald indication of your hostility. :redcard:

About mhlm:

You gave it a free pass. You've posted in it dozens of times, almost encouraging such things.

That's kinda like an NFL referee hi5'ing the player that just scored, not to mention your agenda is well known.

Saying "I didn't do it!" really doesn't change anything there, I know why it was done, I respect it. Just pointing out the irony.

And again, define "we". You're the only mod asking for my head.

Nick might not WANT to defend me, but he doesn't have anything against me either, ditto with Robert. You would just be pushing them to validate something YOU want to do. Bottomline is I haven't done anything wrong or unusual on BON, so again, do what you WANT to do and send them a link to this thread, just stop this charade about doing it in the name of others... while ignoring others, because this "we" thing is getting ridiculous.

Edited by pcsario

Because saying "I don't insult people" is all the proof you need, right?

And saying "No, negative retard is NOT an insult" magically makes it true, right?

Face it, you're cherry picking targets out of personal agendas. Period.

Your signature is a bald indication of your hostility. redcard.gif

That signature was actually mocking someone else's at the time.

But you do provide a nice example of how it's only a joke, for instance, you and White99GT have a sense of humor and mess around with me every now and then, or viceversa, you joke, I joke, etc. The only name that's on that list for something not humorous is RJ, when he specifically chose to insult my family with a racist term to try to get at me.

Edited by pcsario

Nick might not WANT to defend me, but he doesn't have anything against me either, ditto with Robert. You would just be pushing them to validate something YOU want to do.

It would be wise for you to avoid putting thoughts in other people's heads, or words in their mouths.

Bottomline is I haven't done anything wrong or unusual on BON

P71 said the same thing.

this "we" thing is getting ridiculous.

Why? I don't call the shots around here, but 'we' do. You may not like it, but there's not a thing you can do about it.

You come back to this board after being away for months, and in one of your first posts back you take a swipe at me---a thoroughly unprovoked swipe, I might add, as well as one that is completely incorrect in its premises.

And then, because you didn't use the word 'moron', you assert that there was no 'insult.'

Sorry, bub, not buying it.

If you didn't want to pick a fight, you would've left me out of that post entirely.

However, you put me in the post, and you've got your fight.

A word of advice, Cesar, don't pick fights with moderators.