van dyke layoffs

mechanic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:reading:

So Whats the word on these I.L.O's/T.L.O's now that the buyouts have been extended? Whats VD's plan for the over population of the plant?

well, official notice in writing today. 44 ILO, with continued rolling tlo's. but there are 50 openings at romeo that we can put in for, along with anyone in east zone.

FORD WILL NOT ask for government money...The FORD FAMILY will not give up control of there company to the government!!

This could get interesting. They can't get much more blood out of the employees. Will the Ford family step up to the plate to save their legacy?

The employees will vote YES everytime,no one wants FORD to file bankruptcy......

I can tell you unless they are able to secure our jobs and there is somthing in it for working people to agree to this then I will vote NO.

I voted yes on 4 other modifications. 2 COA's and 2 National Agreements, well one was called modifications.

Sorry, if Ford wants the same deal as Chrysler and General Motors....then they need govt money and a bankruptcy for me to agree with anymore take aways.

Mulloloy, Joe Hendricks and his band of thieves need to be put on notice by the UAW.

BANKRUPTCY IS THE ONLY WAY I VOTE YES, I GUESS WE ALL HAVE SOMTHING WE DONT WANT TO LOSE!

I can tell you unless they are able to secure our jobs and there is somthing in it for working people to agree to this then I will vote NO.

I voted yes on 4 other modifications. 2 COA's and 2 National Agreements, well one was called modifications.

Sorry, if Ford wants the same deal as Chrysler and General Motors....then they need govt money and a bankruptcy for me to agree with anymore take aways.

Mulloloy, Joe Hendricks and his band of thieves need to be put on notice by the UAW.

BANKRUPTCY IS THE ONLY WAY I VOTE YES, I GUESS WE ALL HAVE SOMTHING WE DONT WANT TO LOSE!

Now that we know that you voted for the COA and other sell out mods. Its putz' like you that have made the UAW weaker for not standing up then. What a turn coat. How much time you got man.COA's have underminded the senority rights of the people who have put in there time (blood and sweat) only to have to work even harder as the years of age on their body adds up. Turn coats disgust me and they disgust all other hard working women and men.

Now that we know that you voted for the COA and other sell out mods. Its putz' like you that have made the UAW weaker for not standing up then. What a turn coat. How much time you got man.COA's have underminded the senority rights of the people who have put in there time (blood and sweat) only to have to work even harder as the years of age on their body adds up. Turn coats disgust me and they disgust all other hard working women and men.

Then I guess the overwhealming majority of us are "putzes".

Then I guess the overwhealming majority of us are "putzes".

By your reply to my reply of your post, I must be right because you did not answer the question or deny the statement. but, you too will live and die by your own sword. I look forward to monitoring your posts. Count on me to reply when you brag about voting to cut pay and bonuses and holidays ... and so on.

By your reply to my reply of your post, I must be right because you did not answer the question or deny the statement. but, you too will live and die by your own sword. I look forward to monitoring your posts. Count on me to reply when you brag about voting to cut pay and bonuses and holidays ... and so on.

Yeah, I never said I wanted those things, I said I voted for them because what choice did we really hve?

Do you have answers or just try to bash people for their opinions?

Brag about pay cuts? You are seriously retarted!

Come people. Can we get this thread back on track. This is bout the Lay offs that will be happening in a week at Vandyke. Any info on the current status on buyouts, romeo posting put in's and or numbers that will be hitting the street would be helpful to all those that are interested here. There are other threads on here about the mods and who voted who showed up. Lets try to stay on track. Thanks :redcard:

:reading: just trying to get you back on post did you hear the # for the signup yet or are the layoff going to be canceled with the up tick in Ford volume just a thought :shades:

there has been meetings going on for the last 2 days, we'll find out more within the next 2 days about layoffs, the sign up for Romeo was around 80 people and 6 people from Van Dyke got it and are going to Romeo.

Edited by simplesituations

Yeah, I never said I wanted those things, I said I voted for them because what choice did we really hve?

Do you have answers or just try to bash people for their opinions?

Brag about pay cuts? You are seriously retarted!

There you go again with name calling. you voted for that crap. Now we are in a good situation for pull. Think of it, Ford is trying to grab as much market share as they can with the other two autos on the ropes. Do u really think they want to ask for more when we can still walk or vote no un like the other two who have already given their right to arbitrae away? Lets let the past voting mistakes be in the past and learn from them. Stand united and fight. What say you eagl?

:reading: just trying to get you back on post did you hear the # for the signup yet or are the layoff going to be canceled with the up tick in Ford volume just a thought :shades:

Had a meeting on couple of days ago bout it. lay offs are still on. OUR union is not sure how many are going to romeo. Those get to go will lower the layoff number which is currently at 44. Don't understand why anyone has to go with the up tick of volume across fords platforms and 6F mid range working 9.5 hours every night and Saturday this week plus surveyed for 9.5 all next week It just doesn't make sense. That is about all we know. probably come out on friday and let those know that are affected.. We do know that NOT 1 Tradesman is getting the boot.. mmm Interesting huh. Losing a shift in 6F yet no trades lost.. WOW

We do know that NOT 1 Tradesman is getting the boot.. mmm Interesting huh. Losing a shift in 6F yet no trades lost.. WOW

That still remains to be seen.

your misery loves company huh? sad.

Nah he just loves working at Flatrock. Cutting trades just means cutting even more production. Majority have production time and will just return to production and bump even more low seniority out.

:ohsnap: didn't think that one out very well did ya?

flatrockbacktovandykebacktoflatrocktempposition :doh:

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

That still remains to be seen.

Nah he just loves working at Flatrock. Cutting trades just means cutting even more production. Majority have production time and will just return to production and bump even more low seniority out.

:ohsnap: didn't think that one out very well did ya?

flatrockbacktovandykebacktoflatrocktempposition :doh:

:stop: By no means do i wish or want a lay off for anyone. Trades or production. And i understand that ALOT of tradesman have way more time then us on the production side. Nobody loved working at flatrock but it was a job when you needed it. I give the union its credit They were able to get a posting up in plant with out anyone being laid off at the time. I am sure that pissed some Utica people off. hopefully it will help lower the hit production takes. You just would like to see equal sacrifice. It all goes back to the fact that our plant took too many people in. Thats all. on both sides Trades and production.

And to correct your renaming me its now... Flatrockbacktovandyketooutthedooronmonday. :drop:

:cry: Its a sad day when any of our brothers and sisters go on ILO! I saw the team ( No Mod ?)coming back from up front at 3 oclock as we were on our way out! Couldnt tell the mood but hopefully they widdled that number down to nothing! :runaway: Maybe with the uptic in the numbers , the 6 people goin to romeo and the buyouts(Which I havnt heard any production number on, is the layoff # with or without the buyouts? probably with!) who knows anythings possible! How bout that new Transmission we're supposed to get! No word on that! Feels like they are going to balk on that one at this moment! Please someone correct me if im wrong! :reading: Good luck to all my brothers and sisters and keep the faith! Edited by 0824sgt

equal sacrifice?!? huh??? there's 300 of us and 1200 or so of you. Its not like we're not thin at some spot already. 44 of you are going out and i am sorry for that brother. that sucks. we should as union brothers pass the hat for you guys and atleast give ya something to help offset some costs. I'll talk to some people see about that.

as for equal sacrifice 4 percent of production is going out. you want 9 or 10 trades guys to get put out on ilo so they can bump 10 people out of prodcution and end up with 44 production people laid off. Great call.

Pass the hat??? Offset cost.....Why would anyone give money when there job could be next? You going to pass the hat everytime someone gets laid off..You will be broke by the end of the year! Get real.....

Talk to someone about getting 44 people with 30 or more years to retire!!!

Edited by CandyCane

Pass the hat??? Offset cost.....Why would anyone give money when there job could be next? You going to pass the hat everytime someone gets laid off..You will be broke by the end of the year! Get real.....

Talk to someone about getting 44 people with 30 or more years to retire!!!

You worry about people with 30 should retire. What about all the greedy people in 6F-Mid refusing the OT to save their brothers and sisters. You know that is not going to happen, they will take their money and forget all about the 44 ILO's.

You worry about people with 30 should retire. What about all the greedy people in 6F-Mid refusing the OT to save their brothers and sisters. You know that is not going to happen, they will take their money and forget all about the 44 ILO's.

FORD is wrong for working OT and laying off at the same time!!! The union has lost its backbone.....

:stop: By no means do i wish or want a lay off for anyone. Trades or production. And i understand that ALOT of tradesman have way more time then us on the production side. Nobody loved working at flatrock but it was a job when you needed it. I give the union its credit They were able to get a posting up in plant with out anyone being laid off at the time. I am sure that pissed some Utica people off. hopefully it will help lower the hit production takes. You just would like to see equal sacrifice. It all goes back to the fact that our plant took too many people in. Thats all. on both sides Trades and production.

And to correct your renaming me its now... Flatrockbacktovandyketooutthedooronmonday. :drop:

I wish you the best, keep the faith. As far as equal sacrifice for those that dont know, our numbers are literally less than half what they were 5 years ago. The numbers dont lie brother.

Your comment on no trades being hit this time around, that still remains to be seen. Nothing has been announced yet, but I find it extremely hard to believe that it isn't coming very soon.

FORD is wrong for working OT and laying off at the same time!!! The union has lost its backbone.....

That has nothing to do with the union. Company can force 9 hours and 2 Saturdays in a row if they choose. How many people on the floor are even trying to refuse the OT? Dont think for a second that everyone in that committee room isn't doing everything they can to keep people from hitting the street.

I wish you the best, keep the faith. As far as equal sacrifice for those that dont know, our numbers are literally less than half what they were 5 years ago. The numbers dont lie brother.

Your comment on no trades being hit this time around, that still remains to be seen. Nothing has been announced yet, but I find it extremely hard to believe that it isn't coming very soon.

It probably is coming to trades too eventually, and the same thing will happen with them. The trades that were brought into the plant in the recent past, for some suspect reasons, will keep working, and the trades that have been there all along will hit the street.

It probably is coming to trades too eventually, and the same thing will happen with them. The trades that were brought into the plant in the recent past, for some suspect reasons, will keep working, and the trades that have been there all along will hit the street.

Its called seniority. Get used to it.