van dyke layoffs

mechanic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has nothing to do with the union. Company can force 9 hours and 2 Saturdays in a row if they choose. How many people on the floor are even trying to refuse the OT? Dont think for a second that everyone in that committee room isn't doing everything they can to keep people from hitting the street.

The union allowed people to transfer in now people are hitting the street......Oh but I'm sorry the union is perfect in your eyes!

I really believe everyone will have a job within 1 year. I highly doubt anyone will burn through there 52 weeks of sub-pay. We all know Sterling will be getting work in the near future and as far as Romeoe I have no idea if they will be getting a new engine. I know the 4.6 is being replace by the 5.0 but thats about it. Iam hoping that the new trans that you guy's are getting will generate new work for EVERYONE to have a job ! I'm currently on ILO from Utica and I have burnt up quite a bit of my subpay so far but I'm just staying positive that nature will take it's course !! Good Luck to everyone and I hope we can put all of our difference's aside and get back to our roots as a union !!

The union allowed people to transfer in now people are hitting the street......Oh but I'm sorry the union is perfect in your eyes!

We are the Union. If you are refering to our elected officals they did not have a choice in this matter. When plants close senority employees need to be placed. GM & Chrysler will be going thru the same thing if & when they survive bankruptcy. I hope all ILO's get to return to VD soon, but if they have an opportunity at another location they need to jump on it.

Iam hoping that the new trans that you guy's are getting will generate new work for EVERYONE to have a job !
:hysterical:

Projected 20-30 thousand units a year on the hybrid isn't going to generate anything. Thats like 1 shift for 30 days worth of work on the high end. Anything is better than nothing but the hybrid is extremely low volume.

:hysterical:

Projected 20-30 thousand units a year on the hybrid isn't going to generate anything. Thats like 1 shift for 30 days worth of work on the high end. Anything is better than nothing but the hybrid is extremely low volume.

30,000 a year for hybrid but it is suppose to use the same box as the midrange so in theory, it could also be used to make 6FM transmissions. But until I see a line bolted to the ground with machines along with it then I'll believe we have that line.

AND,, we also have to worry about the fn line shutting down in a year or two. the new focus will most likely not use this trans. we may get the new trans job, but rumors and business mags are guessing the dual range getrag trans will be used and made in mexico.

AND,, we also have to worry about the fn line shutting down in a year or two. the new focus will most likely not use this trans. we may get the new trans job, but rumors and business mags are guessing the dual range getrag trans will be used and made in mexico.

you're right about that but didn't they say the FN trans was suppose to go till 2012? Mainly because of Europe and it's still suppose to go into the Transit as well but for how long for the vehicle?

you're right about that but didn't they say the FN trans was suppose to go till 2012? Mainly because of Europe and it's still suppose to go into the Transit as well but for how long for the vehicle?

I have heard that, but I also heard that the 2012 will be pushed up to jan or feb of 2011, which means production of the old focus will end in late 2010, just over a year from now. the transit job will not support two shifts, and the euro focus is also going to switch over to the new trans.

with gas prices and fuel standards going up, there is no future for a 4 speed.

I have heard that, but I also heard that the 2012 will be pushed up to jan or feb of 2011, which means production of the old focus will end in late 2010, just over a year from now. the transit job will not support two shifts, and the euro focus is also going to switch over to the new trans.

with gas prices and fuel standards going up, there is no future for a 4 speed.

from what I understand( rumors), that the euro focus will still get the 4 speed a year or 2 more