Since this is the only forum close enough for my recent acquisition, just wanted to say, while I enjoy my Fusion...there is nothing like a full frame rear wheel driven, V8 powered, two ton, two door sedan...it sure is a fun ride.

post-25287-1241296365_thumb.jpg

Does this qualify me to be a defacto member of the panther mafia since this is the forerunner of the modern Panther chassis?

Picture is of it being delivered to my house the other day....had it transported in from Vermont.

Edited by twintornados

Nice Car. Whats it have in it? 351W, 400, 351M? I learned how to drive in a 71 Cougar that seems to look an awful lot like your Montego. It won the demolition derby two years after we sold it, what a waste. Anyway, congrats on the new car, enjoy it.

Congrat's on the new acquisition! I had a 1974 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (Slate Blue w/Full White Vinyl Top & Blue Bucket Seats/Console) and then a 1976 Cougar XR-7 (Cream w/Cream Landau Vinyl Top & Cream Bucket Seats/Console). I had the '76 for 4 years and drove it cross country while touring with Ice Capades. I still miss it!

Since this is the only forum close enough for my recent acquisition, just wanted to say, while I enjoy my Fusion...there is nothing like a full frame rear wheel driven, V8 powered, two ton, two door sedan...it sure is a fun ride.

post-25287-1241296365_thumb.jpg

Does this qualify me to be a defacto member of the panther mafia since this is the forerunner of the modern Panther chassis?

Picture is of it being delivered to my house the other day....had it transported in from Vermont.

They were without a doubt great cars!.

BTW my sister rented a Fusion not long ago...Though I perfer large sedans better like the Crown Vic the fit and finish on the Fusion was excellent [the best I ever have seen] and it ran great.