Toyotas Lemon?

ANTAUS

I have said it before, the quality difference between the domestics and Japanese may certainly not even be there anymore. In this case, it looks like both the Fusion and Five Hundred had a better launch than the Avalon. Our CR-V had more troubles than our Ranger and that's very telling as well.

The difference I have seen in my own case is that our Honda dealer takes care of problems right away. It seems that in this story, Toyota doesn't do that with their dealers. Sounds like a fat, dumb, and happy company. Frankly, it sounds like GM about 15 years ago.

But if the story shows anything, it shows that owners of Toyota are not "Japanese lovers" as many on this board claim. It took only six problems and a snub from Toyota and the one customer said he had owned his last Toyota, and that's after many years of satisfied ownership.

When the domestics started in with their quality issues, at least there was a certain degree of loyalty. Toyota, IMHO, doesn't have that luxury. In my personal case with my wife's Honda, if it gave any unsolvable trouble, that car would be gone and replaced with something else pronto.

I dunno think GM is in any position to do this, but Ford and DCX have enough good modern product to make a substantial marketing push right now and steal some sales from Honda and Toyota. I already stated that the CR-V replacment won't be a Ford, it will be a Mazda.

Edited by bec5150

My Camry lovin' coworker has had many more problems with his Camry in 40,000 miles than I've had in my 95,000 mile Taurus. He was asking me about the new Chevy Impala. I don't think he is 100 % loyal to toyo. What I am VERY happy about is that the problems are making it to articles that we can all read.

Well hey! I've said that before and I'll again say this: YOUR TYPICAL IMPORT BUYER REALLY ISN'T AS EDUCATED AS THEY CLAIM TO BE. BECAUSE THEY ARE SPOONFED A BUNCH OF PABLUM PUKING GARBAGE FROM THE TELEVISION NEWS REPORTERS, CONSUMER MAGAZINES, AUTO MAGAZINES. VACUOUS NEWSPAPER COLUMNISTS. ETC... These typical average American consumers take their word like it was Moses and the Ten Commandments!

When you people start to really figure out how much replacement parts, (body, motor, drivetrain, etc...) cost compared to domestic autos. Then that's when it really isn't worth it owning an import. How about the insurance? All that is simply a "status symbol" for the yuppies, the preppies, the college brats, the hippie enviromentalists, liberal democrats. etc... etc...

Again: My smileys for the import crowd go like this:

:baby::cry::violin: :fan: :poke: :headscratch::sos::confused:

"Gee... I wonder what went wrong with my Toyota today?"

"This couldn't break down! It's a Toyota!"

STUPID FUCKS! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! BUY A CHEAP CAR, GET CHEAP QUALITY!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Gee, I sure hope Toyota doesn't get any bad press about this. They sure do seem to have a way of covering their sh.t up don't they?

I have noticed that with the improved market share of imports there is an increase in the number of them on the side of the road too. I laugh everytime I pass one sitting there with that dumb look on their face, wondering what could be wrong with their "perfect" asian automobile.