Version of Mazda for Mercury

I would like to see a version of the Mazda5 for Mercury. :reading:

Would you really? i think these im not car, im not a minivan, im not a crossover, im sort of three are hidious. I would hate to see Mercury truned into an all Smax/Cmax division. I rather have a version of the RX8 and MX5 and call them Cougar and Capri if we are going to go the Mazda route.

Would you really? i think these im not car, im not a minivan, im not a crossover, im sort of three are hidious. I would hate to see Mercury truned into an all Smax/Cmax division. I rather have a version of the RX8 and MX5 and call them Cougar and Capri if we are going to go the Mazda route.

I agree with your suggestions without a doubt!!!!

I would like for Mercury to offer something different, and efficient for a family mover that Ford doesn't offer.

There is a huge amount of "hidden demand" Now-a-days, in order to get into a 6-7 seater new CUV/Minivan you have to pay at least $25,000 and often thousands more. Smaller three vehicles (Rondo, 5, future C-Max, future Orlando) could be big hits in a few years, especially as more youngger peopl my age (25) start having families in large numbers. Their fuel economy and handling are far better than larger minivans and CUVs. I say, let Ford or Mercury bring over the C-Max and S-Max (less likely) lets see how many conquests happen. As for sales, the Mazda 5 has gained sales over time and is very impressive considering it never got any advertising and is attached to a third tier sized brand. If Ford got a vehicle like this, it would be the first time this kind of mini-minivan was attached to a first tier brand in the USA.

I'd have liked to see several Mercury-Mazda projects

1. the euroROTW-MZ6 5-door

2. an RX-8 stretched a bit and wrapped around the 3.5v6 & 3.5.v6EB

3. the Mazda5 would be at least OK - with the 2.5 4cyl and eventually the 2.5i4-EB

but think both the Merc & Mazda would need to be made here

re: the C-Max

think that will be a Ford

but

the Plug-In-Hybrid version with unique sheetmetal would make an excellent "whitespace" Merc

• 7 months later...