Ford’s foresight puts carmaker in pole position

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30576127/

Overall, a ridiculously positive article for Ford in a mainstream media outlet. Excellent!! :woot:

If there's only one complaint though, it's in the last paragraph that references Ford's prediction of 12M U.S. auto sales this year. That estimate was lowered some time ago already.

Edited by NickF1011

“Despite the government guarantees for when you buy a car or a truck from these guys, this is a serious issue for the automakers,” Magliano said. “These sales will be lost and spread throughout the industry, and so we think Ford could see their sales volume increase by 30 or 40 percent because there are people out there predisposed to buy an American brand. That’s a significant amount of value for them.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30576127/

Overall, a ridiculously positive article for Ford in a mainstream media outlet. Excellent!! :woot:

If there's only one complaint though, it's in the last paragraph that references Ford's prediction of 12M U.S. auto sales this year. That estimate was lowered some time ago already.

Maybe the confusion started when Ford said they expected an upturn in the second half of 2009,

I recall a statement about the monthly sales rates would go to a 12 million annualized rate .

I think that's where the press saw the figure assumed 12 million sales for 2009.

Maybe the confusion started when Ford said they expected an upturn in the second half of 2009,

I recall a statement about the monthly sales rates would go to a 12 million annualized rate .

I think that's where the press saw the figure assumed 12 million sales for 2009.

From what I understood they had said anywhere fro 9.5 million to 12 million in annual sales and settling on the 10.5 million in annual sales with an uptick to 12 million.

From what I understood they had said anywhere fro 9.5 million to 12 million in annual sales and settling on the 10.5 million in annual sales with an uptick to 12 million.

Yeah, I think you're right. I remember 3 different "plans"......the first at ~12 million units/year, the 3rd was ~9.5 million units/year and the 2nd plan was between those two numbers, along the lines of what you said.

Oh, and I disagree with the "Ram....maybe the best truck ever made" comment......but obviously I would :P