Hello Executives

We are the best auto company in the world why wouldn't we be compensated as such. The times of pattern bargaining are over. Ford did not take government money. We are different.

I'm sure his wife calls him worse than I did and I'm sure he is not throwing her out on her ass or cutting her bennies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you really do NOT get it.

have fun working at McDonald's with the rest of your local.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure his wife calls him worse than I did and I'm sure he is not throwing her out on her ass or cutting her bennies.

Really?? Is this necessary?

Tone it down.

And J-150?? Could you try to consolidate all those responses into fewer posts? This isn't the Mlhm5 thread. :shades:

Go ahead take our jobs to mexico. Move hq there and yourselves as well. Once you're there I will get a job building the border fences to keep you dirty foreigners out of usa haha

really now?

you going to work there and claim they owe you something?

Hey Nick,

it's like a form of alliteration to get my point across.

point taken and duly noted.

Edited by J-150

If ford didn't like it they shouldn't have signed a contract. You know that piece of paper that doesn't mean squat anymore.

Except when it could benefit the average american. Then its tough doodoo. Oh the econmy changed, times are bad. Sure mr we at ford credit are going to open up our contract and help you out.

It is a shame

Edited by Stugots

this is what you don't get...

the company does not owe you a god damned thing.

they paid you and continue to pay you for a job done.

They signed a contract to pay us x amount for x amount of years.

Every thing goes up in prices. Inflation is a bit**, but hey were gonna cut your pay because we spent your money over seas and in mexico. Oh and do the same work you were doing plus some. Thanks.

You want those tps reports too luhmberg?

What about education costs that are voluntary, but reimbursed by the company upon completion of the coursework? I continue to take courses. I don't really need to at present, but it's a good insurance policy. The fact that work pays for it is certainly a good motivator to pass the classes. Many companies seem to finally be realizing the value of encouraging education within their existing employee base instead of always looking outside in an attempt to save a few bucks.

(Sorry, a bit off on a tangent...)

That would qualify IMO - in that the employee has shown the commitment to pay for him/herself - initially - to be reimbursed after satisfactory completion. As a matter of fact, many companies changed their policy to that method simply because far too many employees were half-assing it when the company paid for it up front. I saw that back in the eighties. Make the employee show their commitment and if they do not put forth the effort to gain a required level of certification, then why should the company pay for it? After all the whole purpose was to improve the employee's value to the company.

I was amazed how many employees screwed off going through an apprenticeship program (one that I helped create) - whose sole purpose was to make them significantly more skilled (valuable to their employer) -- even when it had prescribed pay increases as they progressed through the program. Attendance (just going to the classes) was often a problem. One of the big short-comings of many unions has been to not sponsor, conduct continuing education of their members. Who in their right mind thinks that the business world is going to sit still? Again, the value of assemblers in manufacturing has been declining for a long time.

Oh and by the way, I am not anti-UAW, and would point out that most office workers - that had any motivation to advance, obtain greater job security and longevity -- definitely pursued continuing education (if they were smart). Remember, there were also millions of office workers that were obsoleted with the rise of computers in business, esp beginning again, in the eighties.

I take it that you cannot list any efforts on your part to improve your (employment) value. Gee I wonder why you are where you are - now? Want respect? Might want to start with yourself. The world isn't against you - you apparently wasted away with time. Take the number of years that you have been pursuing your employment, multiply it by the number of days, and you will get the number of days that you failed to make a decision to improve your lot in life. Don't blame it on Mullaly (or management). He is indeed VERY VALUABLE.

The UAW will not always back down. We will pick our spot and ford will be hurt. Walter Ruether did it and we're gonna do it. Be warned. We will only be pushed so far before we push back. And my friend we push harder.

We have gone and continue to go the extra mile. Our quality has surpassed or equaled all competitors.

It's time we were shown respect.

And people wonder why USA companies are leaving. :reading: :banghead:

The majority reason that Ford quality increased is because of better engineering and QC.

Learn a trade and start your own company and you can run it however you please. You won't be so disappoint with life if you could run your own business. :shades:

I'm the VP of the Mustang Club of Maryland write here once in awhile and i just wanted to Thank everyone (well most) at Ford. i was at the 45th Mustang Anniversary in Alabama in April and Ford has the best Muscle car still in production after 45 years strong not like GM and Chrysler. i heard Alan at the opening cermony and he talked very strong for Ford and i'm glad he didn't take buyouts from the government. i know the Mustang and the F150 and the new Focus and the Festiva will help Ford be strong and help them survive. if you aren't happy Bleeding Blue go work for our Foreign companies and see how you like invading our wonderful country years ago and builing plants here and stealing jobs from our auto manufactures . i blame that on our government . went was the last time you saw in the 70's a foreign car in Nascar, Nhra. just remember you can't do a wheelstand with front wheeldrive car. i have been driving Ford products since i have been driving since 1966. damn thats a long time ago. lol. and will drive a Ford until i die. hopefully for a long time. my mother lived until she was 83. i'm not close . lol. i currently own a 2004 Mustang Gt convertible with just under 35,000 miles on the motor. and i might be invited to the Ford Nationals in Carlislie the beginng of June. i'm very proud to honor Ford with the 45th Mustang celebration and i hope i get picked for the event. Thanks again Ford and all the UAW workers . btw if you can't stand the heat get out of the Kitchen. :stats:

I appreciate the work the that people like Stugots do for Ford. They have built a quality product and have had a very stressful environment the last couple of years. It is not the best time to be in the auto business. If I was making above average money with good benefits, I'd be happy. If every 6-12 months they were getting slowly reduced and the media attacked my job and organization, I'd be defensive and upset. I understand your frustration and hope things level out.

When you speak to Ford Credit and your contract, you have the right to ask them to modify the contract. They can say yes or no. When Ford asked the UAW to modify the contract, they said yes. I don't know that Ford Credit will do the same, but they could defer payments and such if the situation required it.

If in 2011 Ford decided to not use UAW labor, how would you react? The contract is over, could they just come in and say "Thanks for the years, we are going in another direction." Would you glady hand your job over to a non UAW member willing to take $12-14/hour?

Ford is not dictationg the labor market, at this point it will be the government. Lets see what happens. I hope for the best for all who work for Ford, blue and white collar, as well as all who drive or have considered a Ford product. We all need to remeber to thank our customers more often.

Forgot one more thing.

VISTEON!

Who's bright idea was that anyhow?

Not the UAW!

More clear evidence of wasteful spending by FORD.

I'm going to go buy a house in china. Then come home to America and tell my mortgage company I'm broke. Time to re-negotiate.

It is a JOKE!

http://www.careervoyages.gov/

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/ecopro.t06.htm

http://jobs.stateuniversity.com/collection...ing-Future.html

It is never too late to think of a career - unless you are in your sixties (or even late fifties). Then one may have to be more careful in their choice.

Of course, if one has acquired the necessary skills - there is nothing like being your own boss - having your own business. A couple of problems there though. It is not a "punch the clock - pick up your check" job. But then, it is one of the few ways to become financially comfortable (unless, of course, you choose one of the higher earning professions - but they all require a high level of education) today.

IF one tends to think of how many hours one puts in - then this probably isn't for you either. Your success, or failure, will depend totally on you, your skills, your motivation, your continuing education (you cannot sit still as there is just plain too much competition out there that is looking to take your place in the marketplace). But then again, if one has the mindset to just do what is necessary (and not go the extra mile) and create greater "value" (and standout from other employees), then one needs to be realistic about their expectations - even in a "job". The business world is very competitive environment (even if you invent a widget that millions want & need and will continue to buy - in short, a consumable - there will many many others that will attempt to get a piece of the action - or even replace you) . . . and so is the workforce world. It's all about creating . . . value.

If you don't have a Plan B today, don't blame anyone else but yourself because the world is rapidly changing - and the rate of change will increase. Sit still and you'll get left behind.

The majority reason that Ford quality increased is because of better engineering and QC.

If only that was 100% true cause it isn't, yes it did improve but only by the the suggestions and the working with the UAW to improve the machinery, the quality of the product by working with the people on the line, that machine the parts, etc, etc.

You just wanna believe that we just sit around and let them deal with it. You are so way off the cuff weather man.

If only that was 100% true cause it isn't, yes it did improve but only by the the suggestions and the working with the UAW to improve the machinery, the quality of the product by working with the people on the line, that machine the parts, etc, etc.

You just wanna believe that we just sit around and let them deal with it. You are so way off the cuff weather man.

Well certainly the suggestions of the line workers contributed to the better engineering and QC. When the engineering is better, it makes the job of the line worker more efficient. It's a dependent relationship. One isn't going to get better without the other, so for that I say thanks to all the line workers who offered up suggestions and continue to build great vehicles!! :yup:

Well certainly the suggestions of the line workers contributed to the better engineering and QC. When the engineering is better, it makes the job of the line worker more efficient. It's a dependent relationship. One isn't going to get better without the other, so for that I say thanks to all the line workers who offered up suggestions and continue to build great vehicles!! :yup:

You're welcome. And thanks to the engineers for listening. The engineers at my facility are now UNION! Good men, and women.

Thank You, Nick, for finally saying that. Even though I'm now early retired, it makes one feel better to know there are some who did indeed appreciate the many, many suggestions from the hourly employees in the various plants. Maybe things are changing for the better on that today from my personal observation. Back when I was still there, only a very few engineers would even take the time to listen and note what some of us were saying back then to help improve quality and product.

Thank You, Nick, for finally saying that. Even though I'm now early retired, it makes one feel better to know there are some who did indeed appreciate the many, many suggestions from the hourly employees in the various plants. Maybe things are changing for the better on that today from my personal observation. Back when I was still there, only a very few engineers would even take the time to listen and note what some of us were saying back then to help improve quality and product.

I believe it was one of Mulally's early directives to survey the line workers and gather up as many suggestions as possible to change procedures. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Why would management NOT want to listen to and implement such suggestions when it could potentially save billions of dollars? It is already paying dividends for Ford, as warranty costs have plummeted in the past couple of years.

I believe it was one of Mulally's early directives to survey the line workers and gather up as many suggestions as possible to change procedures. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Why would management NOT want to listen to and implement such suggestions when it could potentially save billions of dollars? It is already paying dividends for Ford, as warranty costs have plummeted in the past couple of years.

I agree, Nick, it would be a no brainer. But keep in mind, there were plenty of engineers and management that had some very false egos that they were basing their lives on too. You know, I'm a degreed engineer, or I'm a degreed manager in business, and on and on, ad naseum. They seemed to have this attitude that we were too dumb or whatever to think up these ideas. That is what I picked up on more times than I care to admit. To me, at least Mulally has his thoughts with the whole picture, not just being a fucking bean counter.

Does Mark Fields still get a private jet all the time? Why is he too good for coach? If he doesn't want to fly coach or even business class then he should pay for it his damn self.

The "private jet" was part of his CONTRACT !

You can argue it was not a wise decision to grant such a perk, but it was in black and white and disclosed as part of his personal contract.

He agreed to renegotiate that contract and accept commercial air travel instead.

The best line worker in the world can not make a product better if the part they are assembling have engineering flaws.

Inversely, an average line worker can install a superior part and the final product will be better.

I said better engineering is the "majority" reason.... not the only reason.

Ideas and suggestions are only imaginations until someone makes it happen. :shades: