I dont see anything about the crown vic in the article either.

Does anyone understand what this means?

Does this mean the new crown vic if it is designed on the Falcon chassis will be exported from Australia to the US and Canada? so we will lose it at STAP ?

That doesnt make sense to me but who knows...

I dont see anything about the crown vic in the article either.

Does anyone understand what this means?

Does this mean the new crown vic if it is designed on the Falcon chassis will be exported from Australia to the US and Canada? so we will lose it at STAP ?

That doesnt make sense to me but who knows...

I don't see how FoA would have nearly enough production capacity to even meet light sales in the U.S. of such a vehicle.

I think the general impression is that Ford will design the platform so that it could easily be ASSEMBLED in other markets. Let's just hope they build plenty of flexibility into the architecture much as DCX has managed with the LX: Charger, 300, Magnum, Challenger...all look pretty vastly different. I think a suitable replacement for the Crown Vic would need to be larger than the Falcon.

It's not a bad idea. It's a bit small of a car compared to the panthers but there are LWB versions. I hope cost isn't an issue. I hope it gets priced reasonably if it is brought over. If they do bring it over, Ford may want to keep the old panther for fleet use since I don't think this Falcon will be anywhere near as affordable. Should do well in civilian use though. Sort of like the Taurus and the Fusion...

I saw on 'Wiki' that there was talk of a 'E' platform. Essentialy a LWB RWD D3 Platform which I think would be great as the next CV/GM.

I like the Five Hundred overall even though it is not very exciting. I can't help thinking Ford messed up years ago when they introduced the 'Contour' over 10 years ago and the public thought:

"Just great, another POS Tempo!" :runaway:

Now it's:

"Five Hundred. Too Long a Name, bland styling, under powered. Is it a CV replacement, Taurus Replacement? No that's the Fusion... :headscratch: "

Fire the Marketing people because this is getting to be a bad habit.

I am sorry if I tick of a marketing person here but I am sorry, IMHO the message is not getting across.

Where were ads showing Tempos and Tauri getting blown up or something and when the smoke cleared: ALL NEW, BIGGER, BETTER, BOLD etc.... :soapbox:

DE Hugh, Roger out.

In the Sydney newspaper (12-05-06) this morning it stated that the Ford Australia wants to export more Falcon base products,it is also keen to sell it "intellectual property" of its rear-wheel-drive platform. this means that a market such as Ford US could use the basic design of the 0z developed Falcon with it own specfic body and engine. Similar plans as GM is doing with the Oz designed VE Commodore base for some of its rear wheel drive models.

I have travelled to the USA and driven Ford GM and Chryslers and I must amit that US cars are miles behind the rest of world in design and manufactor. No wonder Toytoa will be soon number on. We have US built cars in Australia and no one will buy them. The mustang was sold in Oz a few years ago and it was a peice of junk. If you want to read more go to www.carsguide.com.au

I have travelled to the USA and driven Ford GM and Chryslers and I must amit that US cars are miles behind the rest of world in design and manufactor.

I'm guessing the last time you were here was around 1998? :doh:

The mustang was sold in Oz a few years ago and it was a peice of junk.

Yet Ford sold every one they imported for a hefty premium over what they sold for anywhere else in the world. I guess Aussies don't mind pieces of junk.

Yep those US Mustangs are such pieces of junk that they are collector pieces... And demanded a huge premium above what it sells for here in NA. Not only did the Aussies pay a heafty personal import premium, but they also paid a heafy fee for a car custumizor to convert them from LHD to RHD... All outside Ford's regular production process, but done by individual dealers.

Edited by Kris Kolman

I saw the potential...but I didn't see the Vicky mentioned.....

Wishful thinking on somebodies part I think. Face it, all Ford need to do is take the LS platform, label it a Ford Galaxy and Mercury Meteor and they have a vehicle like these Aussie packages ready to go in the US. And no, that wouldn't replace any "panther". But it would compete head to head with the 300C.

Beats D3 :kuko: anytime.

Wishful thinking on somebodies part I think. Face it, all Ford need to do is take the LS platform, label it a Ford Galaxy and Mercury Meteor and they have a vehicle like these Aussie packages ready to go in the US. And no, that wouldn't replace any "panther". But it would compete head to head with the 300C.

Beats D3 :kuko: anytime.

You're overlooking the reason the DEW-98 chassis has been scrapped -- it cost too dang much to build. Using it in a lower-priced Ford vehicle would only add to that problem.