A.M.A. Opposes Government-Sponsored Healthcare Plan

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ironic part of this is Obama is a lawyer as well and on seveal occasions he has been asked question where he spent 5 minutes talking around current issues and never gave a straight answer. When he was told he didn't answer the question all he said was I just did.

Isn't that what most lawyers do, leave themselves an out ?

Once and once only did I get an almost straight answer from a lawer. My 2nd ex-wife got a DUI ( her first ) and when we considered a lawyer and met with him I asked one question, will you look me straight in the eyes and tell me you can save us more on the fine than your fee will be? He said he couldn't do that so I said thank you for your honesty and we left.

so you are saying that all of a sudden youre perogative for choice will be gone?..........wrong, you will still have choices...IF you want a certain Doctor etc...thats your choice...and guys...the Bill as such STILL has to go through congress...and NO_ONE here knows if it will be passed....all it is right now is a scratchpad......noting a paranoid fear of change...or, correctly put...POTENTIAL for change....

So you were unconcerned about the dangers of the Patriot act until After it was passed? Come on... ;)

Peace and Blessings

So you were unconcerned about the dangers of the Patriot act until After it was passed? Come on... ;)

Peace and Blessings

cant answer that Mac...i'm from new Zealand remember........................................................................

...................................... Salad and dressing

Edited by Deanh

President Obama’s “Senior” Moment?

President falsely claims health care plan endorsed by AARP...

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet.

I'd say it goes back almost 100 years. There was nothing wrong with JFK, from what I know he was really for the people which is why what happened, happened.

My opinion, organized crime got to him, organized crime in politics? ......nah never happen LOL

His father still bought his presidency.....

His father Joe was involved with organized crime. But I have only fond thoughts for JFK, well maybe except for the sexual escapades.

Tim Matheson playing "Otter"

Thank you, couldn't for the life of me remember ............

I haven't been attacked by elephants in my bedroom since I hung that elephant repellant medallion.

Tried garlic yet I hear it works for vampires. unless elephants like garlic you might "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

cant answer that Mac...i'm from new Zealand remember........................................................................

...................................... Salad and dressing

Patriot act still affected you. Every one bows to the US when it is on a rampage right? ;)

Peace and Blessings

question....has there been another attack on American soil since the signing of the patriot act.....

Many!!! They are just covered up with quarantine, movie sets (like the fake moon walk), and makeup!

No. But the Taliban spent years perfecting that one. I pray there is not and leave it up to God to handle.

Peace and Blessings

He has a tendency to state things that hopefully no one will catch. Why he states such obvious ones is beyond me?

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems" (Link)

Somehow his using government inefficiency as an example of why it should go into the healthcare business isn't very convincing.

His father Joe was involved with organized crime. But I have only fond thoughts for JFK, well maybe except for the sexual escapades.

Try Googling: JFK Joe McCarthy

That one usually irritates most Kennedy fans.

Edited by RangerM

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems" (Link)

Somehow his using government inefficiency as an example of why it should go into the healthcare business isn't very convincing.

Try Googling: JFK Joe McCarthy

That one usually irritates most Kennedy fans.

And we all know what the US Postal Service has done. Spent billions of dollars they did not have in order to compete with UPS and FedEx, even though they can not. So now, instead of stopping that foolishness, they are going to lay off and close stores.

Also, the govts (state) have gone into head to head competition with top notch private schools because they would not join the state system. So they intentionally compete directly with them, with such low college rates that it abuses the states college funding and tax base all just to try and close down or force the colleges to join the state system.

I am not sure the Feds will be any nicer with out money or there desires then the Postal S. or state college systems, etc.

Peace and Blessings

And we all know what the US Postal Service has done. Spent billions of dollars they did not have in order to compete with UPS and FedEx, even though they can not. So now, instead of stopping that foolishness, they are going to lay off and close stores.

Also, the govts (state) have gone into head to head competition with top notch private schools because they would not join the state system. So they intentionally compete directly with them, with such low college rates that it abuses the states college funding and tax base all just to try and close down or force the colleges to join the state system.

I am not sure the Feds will be any nicer with out money or there desires then the Postal S. or state college systems, etc.

Peace and Blessings

Do you think FedEx or UPS could deliver a letter across the country in 2-3 days for $0.44? That has not been my experience with either of them. One of the reasons they can exist profitably is that they can charge a huge premium for thier services. I have mailed lots of things by the Post Office Express Mail and they have always arrived on time and at a much lower cost than FedEx or UPS Next Day.

When you consider what they do, the USPS does a pretty good job. They are constricted by laws which don't permit them to maintain a surplus for future "Rainy Days" or to deal with things like sudden increases in the cost of fuel. All in all I would have to say that the Post Office is one of the best government services around.