A.M.A. Opposes Government-Sponsored Healthcare Plan

Okay, so Canada has figured out that it is less expensive to send patients to the US for treatment

Not Canada, Ontario (each province can do as they like) and not all treatment, some. That's also not to say that Ontario is not building their own new facilities all of the time (they are). The idea is to get people the care they need when they need it. The treatments we're speaking of here are usually experimental. That's not true in all cases of course, but usually it is.

Also, we're talking about (for the most part) the small city of Windsor having people sent to the closest large city to it (Detroit).

Edited by suv_guy_19

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, so Canada has figured out that it is less expensive to send patients to the US for treatment than to build the facilities it would require to provide the service in Canada. Good for Canada. Hmm... less expensive to send them to the US. How could that be? I thought our care was poor and expensive? Could it be that the way to spend less per patient is to not offer certain expensive procedures? Now here is an idea: reduce costs by reducing the level and type of service offered, like the DMV, or the VA hospitals.

When the US begins to ration care, then where will the Canadians go, or for that matter, the Americans?

How about we codify the procedures the same in the US, Mexico, and Canada.

Then we will just divide up what we are responsible for by country into 1/3'ds.

It will be some much cheaper having only one country for each illness.

Peace and Blessings

That was a good video on.............what? What was that? Sorry. I fell asleep.

Peace and Blessings

Why did you fall asleep, because you didn't have Rush Limbaugh screaming at you? Yeah, logic is pretty boring.

As long as there are Special Interests involved who make BILLIONS, Americans will never have a good, fair health system.

Why did you fall asleep, because you didn't have Rush Limbaugh screaming at you? Yeah, logic is pretty boring.

As long as there are Special Interests involved who make BILLIONS, Americans will never have a good, fair health system.

Mr Attacker, I have listened to Rush about 5x more this year then I have this video. I listened to the first 90 sec or so and did not hear much. I skipped to about 3/4 through and heard more of the same.

What I heard was speculation about speculation, and an attack aimed at attacks. Not to say it was overly attacking or speculating. The ~2 min I listened to was not overly much of anything.

Did you have anything to add other then an opinion on an opinion and 20 year old wisdom we are all well aware of? Or would you like to find more people to high-5?

Peace and Blessings

Mr Attacker, I have listened to Rush about 5x more this year then I have this video. I listened to the first 90 sec or so and did not hear much. I skipped to about 3/4 through and heard more of the same.

What I heard was speculation about speculation, and an attack aimed at attacks. Not to say it was overly attacking or speculating. The ~2 min I listened to was not overly much of anything.

Did you have anything to add other then an opinion on an opinion and 20 year old wisdom we are all well aware of? Or would you like to find more people to high-5?

Peace and Blessings

Am I attacking you? You're paranoid. Earlier I made comment to Mark, thaning him for his perspective. Somehow it became about you.

I have listened to Rush about 5x more this year then I have this video.

I knew that already.

I listened to the first 90 sec or so and did not hear much.

You didn't listen at all, you reject any thinking that doesn't already agree with you.

Did you have anything to add other then an opinion on an opinion and 20 year old wisdom we are all well aware of?

Who's attacking who? There was more wisdom in that video than anything you're ever posted here.

Am I attacking you? You're paranoid. Earlier I made comment to Mark, thaning him for his perspective. Somehow it became about you.

I knew that already.

You didn't listen at all, you reject any thinking that doesn't already agree with you.

Who's attacking who? There was more wisdom in that video than anything you're ever posted here.

Please share the wisdom in the video. I was bored. Not that into watching a video. Decided to check it out. Was not impressed. If that somehow offends you, be my guest.

Peace and Blessings

Please share the wisdom in the video. I was bored. Not that into watching a video. Decided to check it out. Was not impressed. If that somehow offends you, be my guest.

Peace and Blessings

Try watching it again. You might learn something. Boredom is not an excuse for laziness or lack of comprehension. But I doubt you're capable of assimilating anything that isn't "far right" gospel.

Ignorant people don't offend me, it's your right to be as shallow as you wish.

Try watching it again.

Amazing how much money is absorbed in "administration". Then there's the dividends, because the shareholders gotta have dividends, or the shares will tank in the market, and that's what's most important to the corporate board members. Saving lives? Not so much.

Amazing how much money is absorbed in "administration". Then there's the dividends, because the shareholders gotta have dividends, or the shares will tank in the market, and that's what's most important to the corporate board members. Saving lives? Not so much.

Think of how much will be "absorbed" if the government gets in it. The government dosen't do anything efficiently except spend money. Take the Clunkers program for example, the last preliminary estimates for the actual cost were over 10,000 for each one.

Yes. Because the Govt. will always run things more efficiently then private enterprise that must account for salaries, bonuses, share holders, investors, etc.

Peace and Blessings

Think of how much will be "absorbed" if the government gets in it. The government dosen't do anything efficiently except spend money. Take the Clunkers program for example, the last preliminary estimates for the actual cost were over 10,000 for each one.

I've not seen that before, gotta link?

Perhaps you should watch that video. The point is, the Canuck provincial health-care systems run more efficiently, with less internal waste than the US private insurance systems.

I've not seen that before, gotta link?

He was probably repeating what i had posted on another topic.

AP had reported that the DOT gave a figure around $8000.00 per $4500.00 transaction.

My wife said that on CNN they said it now looks to be $10,000.00,and since they are having so much back log on getting the money to the dealers.

I'm guessing we will not see the final tally any time soon.

Edited by rc38

He was probably repeating what i had posted on another topic.

AP had reported that the DOT gave a figure around $8000.00 per $4500.00 transaction.

My wife said that on CNN they said it now looks to be $10,000.00,and since they are having so much back log on getting the money to the dealers.

I'm guessing we will not see the final tally any time soon.

I seen you had posted it and later heard it on the local wls radio talk show. They were talking about how greatly efficient the government runs.