I love my 6.0L

I'm glad that you enjoy both of your 6.0's. That is a nice set up that you have. The 6.0 has had it's bad days, but I believe they are behind us. I wouldn't say that it is a POS, but it has had it's fair share of problems. It all depends on who you talk to.

I get tired of all of the negativity of the 6.0. My Dad has a fleet of 12 diesels, most now 6.0L. He had one of them bought back, all the others have been great. 2 of them will hit 200k miles in the next month or so. Its no secret that some had problems, but they were a minority.

I am glad you like your 6.0

Matt

Considor yourslef lucky as they are a POS I talked my friend into one and he just got rid of it and got a dodge, in 19K he had 3 bad turbos and 1 egr never will buy a ford again :shrug:

My 2004 6.0 has only had a minor romping issue easily corrected with a reflash. A buddy I work with has a 2004 dodge and has had a oil leak on the rear main, driveabilty issues and has had to have the fuel injectors replaced!!!

Thanks Guys. My first 6.0L had 143000 on it when sold the new owner just hit 210000 and still running strong.

One thing that I have found with the 6.0l is you have to drive them not just to the store and back. They like to be ran hard and thats just how I run mine.

It's just to bad that Ford got a black eye out of the hole, this is a good motor and most problems have been corrected.

I purchased a 2005 F-350 6.0 Diesel 4x4 and this was the best truck I have ever owned. I get around 17MPG and have had one recall. No problems!!!!! It has 15,600 miles on it now. This truck has four doors and an 8' bed and it rides very good and easy to drive. You will have problems with the tires 275 70R 18 they don't like rain or snow. There are no replacements mfg like BFG,Goodyear, and on and on. I will purchase another F-350 to replace this one.

• 1 month later...

How much are they paying you all to talk good about the 6.0?

I know this, the dealer wasn't at all interested in trading for my 1995 7.3 powerstroke when I bought my 04 6.0. I'm dang glad I didn't trade it off otherwise I'd be towing my boat, hauling steel, dragging my tractor and riding around in a 5 year old taurus with 180,000 miles on it and no windsheild wipers because I can't keep the 6.0 running and out of the shop.

6.0 good running engine? Have you driven a 7.3 truck? A Cummins powered truck? Even a Duramax? I don't think so. My 6.0 doesn't have enough power to spin a tire. The old 300-6 F150 I had would have more torque.

Skip

How much are they paying you all to talk good about the 6.0?

I know this, the dealer wasn't at all interested in trading for my 1995 7.3 powerstroke when I bought my 04 6.0. I'm dang glad I didn't trade it off otherwise I'd be towing my boat, hauling steel, dragging my tractor and riding around in a 5 year old taurus with 180,000 miles on it and no windsheild wipers because I can't keep the 6.0 running and out of the shop.

6.0 good running engine? Have you driven a 7.3 truck? A Cummins powered truck? Even a Duramax? I don't think so. My 6.0 doesn't have enough power to spin a tire. The old 300-6 F150 I had would have more torque.

Skip

:baby: :blah: How are they paying you to talk trash :kissass:

My F-350 now has 18,000 miles on it now and it has had no problems! We haves a 2005 F-550 at work and it has been a good strong running truck. I also take very good care of it. And I drive it hard. Love the power that 6.0 Diesel has.

Considor yourslef lucky as they are a POS I talked my friend into one and he just got rid of it and got a dodge, in 19K he had 3 bad turbos and 1 egr never will buy a ford again :shrug:

Has you freind ever heard of letting a turbo, cool down before shutting a turbo charged dielsel engine off? No fucking wonder why 3 turbos, that could be the main reason, or you just blowing smoke out you ass. I have a 6.0 they are a very reliable motor, I never had a oilpan rust out. That is such shit, there is noway that a oilpan could ever rust off a motor. I smell BULLSHIT, OH ITS COMING OUT YOUR MOUTH

Has you freind ever heard of letting a turbo, cool down before shutting a turbo charged dielsel engine off? No fucking wonder why 3 turbos, that could be the main reason, or you just blowing smoke out you ass. I have a 6.0 they are a very reliable motor, I never had a oilpan rust out. That is such shit, there is noway that a oilpan could ever rust off a motor. I smell BULLSHIT, OH ITS COMING OUT YOUR MOUTH

Don't know where you got the oil pan BS I am talking about turbos and as my friend drives logging trucks for a living I suspect he understands how they should be drivin, but it is history now he is driving a new dodge cummins never to return to ford again so you just stick your head in the sand with the rest because the fat lady is about to sing in the ford camp :titanic: