Ford sightings during long vacation trip

Recently returned from an 8-day, 2000+ mile family vacation through Utah and Wyoming. Thought I would post some info about Fords I saw:

2010 Fusion: saw probably 20-25 of them. More SE's than anything. Probably several were rentals. This is a very sharp-looking car on the road. Did not see a Fusion Sport. Also do not remember seeing a 2010 Milan.

Flex: given the "family" nature of the places we visited, I expected to see several Flexes.... and I did, probably 15-20 or so. I was close enough to a few to note the bar code in the window, indicating it likely was (or had been) a rental. However, most of what I saw were SEL's and Limiteds. Many with California plates. At one point in one tourist town, I could see three at the same time. Perhaps Dean is right, this vehicle is catching on.

2010 Mustangs: saw probably 25. Mostly V6's, evenly split between coupes and convertibles. I'm guessing many were rentals. Frankly I was jealous, here I am driving through beautiful scenery in my rental minivan while others were enjoying the trip in a Mustang convertible.

I too just got back from a trip......Florida. There were many places along I-95 where new roads were being built and I zoomed in on the pickup truck landscape at these construction sites. I did not see (1) ONE Tundra at ANY of these construction sites.

I've seen a ton of 2010 Fusions around my area lately. This use to be very GM-centric community but I think all of those people have lost their jobs and left, and all the newbies buy imports or Fords :).

Edited by BORG

Here in Texas the new F-150 are selling as fast as a wildfire spreads. I never seem the same truck sitting at the dealership twice.

I have seen 3-4 new mustangs, several fusions most of them being SEs. What i have noticed lately the most though, is that people are really starting to pickup on the Flex...I have seen more and more on the road with every passing day. I have seen only 1 new milan and the owner absolutely loved it(he got out he was whistling, smiling, singing, and then got on the phone and told his friend about his F***awesome new car! I have only seen 2 new mkzs.

I went to the Ford-Hyundai-BMW dealership today and there were at least 10-12 people out browsing around (mostly on the Ford side, but there were a few over on the Hyundai lot). The other dealerships in town were dead. Toyota had about 3, the BPG-Caddy had no one, Lincoln-Merc had no one, Nissan had 2, Chevy had 2, and Honda had 3. Another Ford dealership across town had a handful there too. Ford seems to be doing really well around here, especially with C4C.

I made a trip to PA this weekend and saw two 2010 Mustangs that I can remember. The first one was a black GT and at first I didn't even realize what it was. When I saw the tail lights I thought that really looks like a Mustang but for some reason I assumed it was an earlier, say, 2004 model. I guess it was because the rear 3/4 quarter view looked so much "rounder" than the 05-09s. Must have been because of the way the corners are chopped off.

I also passed one Fusion Sport on I-80 heading back into Ohio. It looked good but I still don't care for the way they accented the lower corner openings. It followed me for several miles so I got to see it in my rearview mirror for awhile.

However, I was really surprised by the number if new Challengers that I saw. I didn't keep track but there had to be five or six that I saw in just a couple of small towns that I pass through in PA. Didn't see a single new Camaro though. Go figure...

BTW, the reason I went back was to bring the Thunderbird SC out for a couple of buyers to see. The first young couple that looked at it bought it on the spot. Said they had been looking for one all summer and it was the nicest one they had found. They had owned one before and regretted ever selling it. Now if I sell the 99 Cobra there will be a new Mustang in the house next spring. Hopefully a GT500...

Leave anything out? :shades:

Well, yeah, Ohio too.....I didn't wanna list all the states we went through....I would've then listed almost the entire eastern US timezone. I should've said "to" rather than "through," since I only listed our planned destinations. I know you were just kidding around though.

Here in Texas the new F-150 are selling as fast as a wildfire spreads. I never seem the same truck sitting at the dealership twice.

I have seen 3-4 new mustangs, several fusions most of them being SEs. What i have noticed lately the most though, is that people are really starting to pickup on the Flex...I have seen more and more on the road with every passing day. I have seen only 1 new milan and the owner absolutely loved it(he got out he was whistling, smiling, singing, and then got on the phone and told his friend about his F***awesome new car! I have only seen 2 new mkzs.

Well, it IS Texas.... :lol:

I got a compliment on my (freshly cleaned) Flex today by a woman in an older Windstar.....she said it was "absolutely beautiful......" and she must've really wanted to tell me, because to do so required her rolling down her window, getting my attention, and me rolling down my window. I was very pleased....I very much enjoy getting compliments and hearing other's opinions on the car.

I went to the Ford-Hyundai-BMW dealership today and there were at least 10-12 people out browsing around (mostly on the Ford side, but there were a few over on the Hyundai lot). The other dealerships in town were dead. Toyota had about 3, the BPG-Caddy had no one, Lincoln-Merc had no one, Nissan had 2, Chevy had 2, and Honda had 3. Another Ford dealership across town had a handful there too. Ford seems to be doing really well around here, especially with C4C.

That's an interesting combo....