My 2010 Lincoln MKT pics

I must say that since I first saw the production model in pictures, I've been unsure of it's design in certain areas. I unfortunately have yet to see one in person (although I saw the concept on a rotating stand last year), but these pictures make me feel a lot better about it's design - I can't wait to see one in person. Thanks for posting those.

On another note, it seems so much longer than the Flex....

I think it's the overhangs and the fact that the back isn't as square. In total it's only about 4" longer, I think, but it feels like the overhangs give it an extra-long feel.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.....especially the rear overhang. The uptick/hip in the rear windows probably ads to the long, sleek look too.

The MKT is billed as 7-seater family hauler, but there is much more emphasis on the middle seat passengers, almost limo like. Since the car is enormously spacious for its passengers, it really makes an excellent livery vehicle, certainly superior to the reletively low and cramped TC.

I am thinking that MKT will supplant Town Car sales in the "black car" and "for hire vehicle" livery market

I don't think so, it's probably more expensive than the Town Car (especially on the retail end), you might as well go for the MKS which is enormously spacious as well.

And simply put, Ford does not want it's retail units destroyed by fleet business.

Edited by BORG

The MKT is billed as 7-seater family hauler, but there is much more emphasis on the middle seat passengers, almost limo like. Since the car is enormously spacious for its passengers, it really makes an excellent livery vehicle, certainly superior to the reletively low and cramped TC.

Yeah, the second row looks really roomy, although the Flex's 2nd row is extremely spacious too. I love the flow through console of the second row (if equipped).

Definately reinforces my impressions from seeing it at the auto show... I love it. Like Borg and RMC, the concept / press photos had me more than a bit skeptical, but seeing it in person is a totally different experience. I would love to have one in my driveway.

Just skip the minivan.....go for the MKT. LOL :shades:

Just skip the minivan.....go for the MKT. LOL :shades:

If I get a (much, MUCH) bigger than expected annual raise, it'll be on the list. But considering the state of the media business, I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like we'll be getting our next car at the end of the year: A Mary Kay issue Malibu or Matrix. :doh:

If I get a (much, MUCH) bigger than expected annual raise, it'll be on the list. But considering the state of the media business, I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like we'll be getting our next car at the end of the year: A Mary Kay issue Malibu or Matrix. :doh:

LOL.

The jury is still out though. Until I see companies buying these and using them as livery vehicles. And getting positive feedback on them. My answer is NO.