2007 F150 FX2

robertlane

All show and no go...hohum. Exactly who asked for this? I was planning to buy the Adrenalin and so were many others. And there would have been enough customers for a Lightning if they had done that. Does Ford really think sport truck buyers will buy this instead? Not me... :doh:

All show and no go...hohum. Exactly who asked for this? I was planning to buy the Adrenalin and so were many others. And there would have been enough customers for a Lightning if they had done that. Does Ford really think sport truck buyers will buy this instead? Not me... :doh:

who ever said this was to replace the L?

Its a 2wd version of the FX4.

So you can actually get a console shifter without having to go all the way up to Lariat trim.

This definitely fills a void in the lineup. The FX4 as step 4 of 5 was only available in 4wd. This is like Ford correcting a mistake they made in 2004

With more power, different front fascia, 20 inch chrome wheels, chrome step bar and solid blackwall tires, I'd say its a good basic sport truck. However, IMHO the front fascia looks tacked on. It doesn't meld well with the rest of the truck. The 18" wheels still are swallowed in the wheelwell. The paint-matched step bar should definitely go and ditch the OWL tires on a 4x2 Sport model.

I do hope Ford does a bit more flair with its next exterior redesign. I just don't really like the F-150 in 4x2 that much and especially with an attempt to make it sporty. The Harley doesn't look too bad, but IMO it doesn't hold a candle to the 02-03 Harley Supercrews in terms of a sporty, smooth-flowing styling while maintaining most of its utility.

Closer, but not quite. My current truck has the Sport appearance package from 03, which didn't have the skirting stuff, the fake hood scoop and the trim over the taillights. Mine does have the 20 inch chrome wheels and I put a chrome bar which IMO with a billet grille adds just enough chrome to be subtle yet not upsetting the sport appearance. Topped off with a good-looking, but functional bedcover and its perfect in my view but not because its a Dodge but because I think its a good balance. Certainly its a personal preference. For the record, the late model Ram 'Hemi Sport', Rumble Bee and Daytona haven't done that much for me...especially that wickedly overdone spoiler on the Daytona. The only thing I like about that truck is the GoMango color...just without all the graphics and fluffery. If I had been shopping for a sporty truck in 05, I'd bought a GoMango Daytona, stripped off the striping, remove the skirting and the wing and it would have been good for me.

I'm not down totally on the Ford, but IMO the current factory F-150s look best as 4x4 models with larger wheels and tires. The Saleen doesn't look too bad for a 4x2 sport truck, but I say about the same thing with it as I would with those Dodges shown...I'd rather skip most of the Saleen graphics and few less scoops. Nothing wrong with a monochromatic sporty truck. But I like 'subtle sport' rather than too much flamboyance. What I was just saying is that Ford chose to go more with a squared-off, utility look with less emphasis on style and I think that hurts it ultimately with a sporty appearance. From what I remember, the 07 Expy photos look to show some promise if its look carries over to the F-150.