UAW’s Ford negotiating team meets today

they want another pay cut then we want this..all new cars built in the US including engine,trans,stamp and most suppliers..

and 5 years of full pay for any job outsourced to mexico or china.. so ford can either bring back the Fusion to LAP or Wixom and the block castings back to brook park or pay everyone 5 years or pay....

screw the concessions until the ford family gives up there fortune we aint giving up our pay....

they want another pay cut then we want this..all new cars built in the US including engine,trans,stamp and most suppliers..

and 5 years of full pay for any job outsourced to mexico or china.. so ford can either bring back the Fusion to LAP or Wixom and the block castings back to brook park or pay everyone 5 years or pay....

screw the concessions until the ford family gives up there fortune we aint giving up our pay....

I talked to Jeff Terry today on the phone and he said that there is no meeting today but there is one next week. No details on even what they are meeting on. Jeff believes the committe will probably review the GM and Chrysler agreements to make sure Ford is competitive in the long term ( which Jeff believes we are).

The only place he said we might be a little out of line, is on entry level employee language, we are not the same level on that i guess. He also said we should at least take a look at it so we dont screw ourselves out of new work. (I have to agree)

"we can bargain ourselves out of jobs"

New work would have to be in any conversation we have, otherwise why even talk? If Ford dont hire it is a mute point isnt it?

I am glad our Pres understands where we are all at.

I talked to Jeff Terry today on the phone and he said that there is no meeting today but there is one next week. No details on even what they are meeting on. Jeff believes the committe will probably review the GM and Chrysler agreements to make sure Ford is competitive in the long term ( which Jeff believes we are).

The only place he said we might be a little out of line, is on entry level employee language, we are not the same level on that i guess. He also said we should at least take a look at it so we dont screw ourselves out of new work. (I have to agree)

New work would have to be in any conversation we have, otherwise why even talk? If Ford dont hire it is a mute point isnt it?

Part of the talks is that Ford wants to close more assembly plants.

Part of the talks is that Ford wants to close more assembly plants.

fuck that.. we already got new work guarantees "TWICE" we dont need a 3rd promise...

Ford is looking to put the Transit and Transit Connect in Mexico thats what I was told....if true then we need to strike now enough outsourcing already...that move would seal the closing of avon lake and KC plus stamping plants....

If you are talking about benefits that's one thing, but it sure doesn't say 70.000 in my base rate.

Not even that equals $70/hr.

They get that number by adding up our average base rate, price of benefits, the retirees pension payouts, retiree benefits, surviving spouse benefits, and anything else wage related and then dividing that number by ONLY the amount of ACTIVE employees.

So with that number, we make around $70/hr.......

It's just more sensationalist FOX News garbage meant to inflame rather than report accurate news.........

The really sad part is that people are spoon-fed this sh!t by the anti-union crowd and they believe it!

Did they meet or what? National must not be on vacation!! WTF!

Not even that equals $70/hr.

They get that number by adding up our average base rate, price of benefits, the retirees pension payouts, retiree benefits, surviving spouse benefits, and anything else wage related and then dividing that number by ONLY the amount of ACTIVE employees.

So with that number, we make around $70/hr.......

It's just more sensationalist FOX News garbage meant to inflame rather than report accurate news.........

The really sad part is that people are spoon-fed this sh!t by the anti-union crowd and they believe it!

How is it they arrive at the same numbers they did, before 2 concessionary contracts have been passed?

No more Cost Of Living allowances, no more joint programs, no more JSP, Reductions in payed holidays, no more bonus incentives, no more Christmas bonuses, No, more Profit sharing/performance bonuses, liability for active employee's health care coverage shifted to the employees, Union takes on retiree health care liability legacy costs.

We take all of these cuts, and somehow you still use the same false numbers, get f-cking real!

The meeting is today.

Ford is to meet with UAW officials today to discuss Ford's UAW labor contract. Ford declined to comment Monday but has previously said the talks would center on the operating side of its labor agreement, which refers to the wages and benefits for hourly union workers.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090825/BUSI...W-leaders-today

Edited by MichiganTruck_Mafia

The meeting is today.

Thanks for pointing that out.

GM's contract also established three main skilled-trades classifications: electrical, mechanical and tool and die

I'm real leary of this. Hopefully Lev or Cap or someone in the know can keep us posted.

How is it they arrive at the same numbers they did, before 2 concessionary contracts have been passed?

No more Cost Of Living allowances, no more joint programs, no more JSP, Reductions in payed holidays, no more bonus incentives, no more Christmas bonuses, No, more Profit sharing/performance bonuses, liability for active employee's health care coverage shifted to the employees, Union takes on retiree health care liability legacy costs.

We take all of these cuts, and somehow you still use the same false numbers, get f-cking real!

WHOA!!!! Easy there tiger!!!!! I'm not throwing these out as fact.......

AND I'm not saying that I agree with this number, because I don't... I think it's complete bullshit, I'm just relating how these jagbags at FOX news and every other right wing POS "news" outlet get their numbers.

We're on the same side here........

Was told today by a very reliable source that Uncle Ron was willing to agree to give up our left nuts, or ovaries and that in return he expected nothing but to let us be bent over and dry humped. Also we are going to have to start paying Ford instead of them paying us. ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH. CAN YOU HEAR THAT RONNY? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was told today by a very reliable source that Uncle Ron was willing to agree to give up our left nuts, or ovaries and that in return he expected nothing but to let us be bent over and dry humped. Also we are going to have to start paying Ford instead of them paying us. ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH. CAN YOU HEAR THAT RONNY? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing more useless than reading that was replying to it. My bad.

leave him alone he's worried about losing his ovaries!!!!! :finger:

Rumor has it, that 20% of staff is going to get disappointed. You think they are worried about their ovaries??? Back to work on the floor. What do you supose is going on in their minds?? Hoping for a special election where ever they land I bet!!

I may be wrong but I think we still have profit sharing.It was the one thing the uaw did not give up.That being said I am sure they will find a way as usual to show they did not make a profit thereby not paying any out regardless!