Bullitt - Behind The Scenes Short Film

In the arguement that has somehow become gospel for MOPAR fans: the 440 Charger walks all over the 390 Mustang........it's shown in the "Making Of" the Mustang goes toe-to-toe with the Charger.

I've had the DVD Collector's Edition of Bullitt for awhile. Pricey, but you also get the script, Lobby card, poster and a film cell frame.

• 1 year later...

For some reason my browser won't show the clip. But anyway I found this statement to be interesting:

"with McQueen's 1968 Mustang Bullitt going head-to-head with a black 1968 Charger R/T 440 Magnum"

I didn't think the 68 Mustang was called a Bullitt. I thought that the special edition Mustangs built later were the Bullitt Mustangs.

For some reason my browser won't show the clip. But anyway I found this statement to be interesting:

"with McQueen's 1968 Mustang Bullitt going head-to-head with a black 1968 Charger R/T 440 Magnum"

I didn't think the 68 Mustang was called a Bullitt. I thought that the special edition Mustangs built later were the Bullitt Mustangs.

Try this link

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/952448#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P

You're right about the "Bullitt" designation. That name wasn't used until Ford made the Special Edition Tribute cars.

When I was in high school my older sister's boyfriend and future husband had a 67 Highland Green fastback. It was a 390, 4-speed car just like the one in Bullitt except the movie car was a 68. He bought it from another soldier while doing an Army stint in Germany of all places. Right after he bought the car he went to see the movie when it opened in Germany. He had parked the car in front of the theater and after the movie everyone leaving the theater thought it was the car from the movie. He brought it back to the States when he was discharged. I loved riding in that car because that old 390 was a torque monster, especially in the relatively light Mustang. I remember sitting in the back seat and getting hammered by the rear axle hitting the bump stops every time he banged another gear. Pure joy!