Online Order Tracking and Status

Eliminatorxr7

I agree with the comments posted. In this age of technology it is not hard at all to have this information available. If I can track packages around the world online, check my bank account and pay bills online, pay parking tickets if I had any, etc, etc. It would save the dealerships times and everybody would be getting the same info and not second guessing if they wre being told the truth.

This is true, the sales people do not have access to the info, at the dealership we go to, they tell me they have to get a manager to get any info for me. I called today, and my sales guy was with a customer, so he said he didn't have any updates..meanwhile I had gotten our sticker online, without any of his help..

It would be Great to have an online status, like UPS...but I suppose we should all just learn patience...:-)

I guess my main point here is Do Not Deal With A Salesman!! I never have. If the dealership wants to sell a car, they will accomodate you if you refuse to deal with a salesman. Or once the deal is cosumated with a salesman, cut him loose and deal with management after that,. ONLY management can answer the questions we come up with for these type of orders. And it doesn't have to be the "management" in the "Tower". These guys are just blowted salesman anyway. Get to the GM or the person who actually orders and tracks the inventory. You would be surprised what a $40 Edible Arangement, or something like that, will get you in the form of free flowing information. My $.02 worth. :stirpot:

Ford is doing an awesome job in building quality cars that look great. Hopefully they will not loose site in supporting their customers. Online order tracking would be great. Going through the nightmare of trying to track my new Explorer as we speak. If only I could go to a website. Listen up Ford!!!!!!

Ford is doing an awesome job in building quality cars that look great. Hopefully they will not loose site in supporting their customers. Online order tracking would be great. Going through the nightmare of trying to track my new Explorer as we speak. If only I could go to a website. Listen up Ford!!!!!!

I share your pain. I ordered my Edge on Dec 31st and still no sign of the VIN! Dealer says the order has not been picked by Ford yet.

I agree that on-line tracking is the way to go as it would really appeal to the same class of buyers that are attracted to the Sync technology showing up in more and more models. Although I suspect that because the dealers ultimately control your priority within whatever their allocation is, that they would not want you to see where they have prioritized your order. They would want everyone to think that you are your dealer's most important customer.

Edited by 4havnfun

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree a customer portal would be great. If you order a vehicle or register with Ford as a customer, you could be able to create a user account and be able to track an order through the system. I don't care to see the pricing info or any company confidential stuff -I know everyone is making money on my truck but me, but to be to see the status would be great. Even better - web cams in the factory so I can see a truck get built. I know that is unlikely, but would be cool.

If not a portal, how about email updates? I get tired of talking to dealers as well, they want to sell cars not talk about sold cars. How about ford send me updates on my vehicle as it moves through the system?

So easy to do. Benz and BMW have been doing it for years...Hell I can track a pair of socks I order from Cabelas but not a truck..lol

Actually I can track my gear equipment on the battlefield of Iraq and Afgan...OBTW I love scanner and barcodes. makes life easier...

I'm going to try and get around the guy they say will let me know of any changes and get to the right person. But I know I will get the run around. I was suppose to have my explorer yesterday. Well now it looks like next Monday. The next time I call (they never get back with me) I'm sure the date will have changed again.

Please make a tracking system Ford!! I really hope there will be one the next time I order a vehicle. Until then I guess I will keep waiting for that non existant phone call.

Have to agree. Delership isn't always as helpful as they might be.

more because of time constraints, with lots of customers, and other things to handle, it would aleviate some time consuming activity for the sales staff...

finding a few programmers that could write a status update page with real time updates off of the production line computers would be a challenge, but those type of computer geniuses love those types of challenges...

the real trick would be to be able to get a few camera's along the assembly line that could take a digital pic of each car at certain major stops along the line, and save them for the end user...

:ohsnap: even better, email notices! submit your email to the sales staff when you order your car, and have the FoMoCo email the customer with assembly line status, and pics...

how sweet would that be, at work, and beep the black berry goes off, co-worker asks... "who was that" to which you reply, that was just Ford sending me a pic and update of my new car on the assembly line... :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, right after we install the webcam following you around when you're working. ;)

See the problem? People work here to build cars, not become contestants on Big Brother.

I posted a similar idea elsewhere. As for "big brother", it would be very easy to put the camera in a location where it wouldn't capture an employee's image. I'd love to see a snapshot of the car a few times during the build process.

These are all things that could be done easily if they chose to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem does lie in the fact there is considerable difference in information available from the dealer vs. Ford customer Service vs. the individual vehicle forums such as this one. Bar none, this forum and others offer far more information than you'll ever receive from your dealer. Ford window stickers are a fantastic feature, but the actual transport tracking is completely deficient in this day and age. And I would pay marginally for such a privilege.

What would be the problem if you were to give your E-mail address on the order form, and then when the plant receives it they could assighn a bar code to the E-mail address . That way during the build out each step that is reached the computers would automaticly send you a notice as to the progress of the vehicle. Afterall every single part thats used is scanned why not the car?

Oh, wait I forgot :reading: :shades:

Edited by daddyfixer