KCAP 'C' Crew

helick

Don't some of the parts plants work 3 8hr shifts in a day? I wonder if they could do something like that in an assembly plant :shrug: I'd rather do something like that than work nights and days in a week. Hey if you don't want to work c-crew just bump to the other shift and if you don't have the time just suck it up and grab a tissue!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't some of the parts plants work 3 8hr shifts in a day?

Yes, but an assembly plant and a parts plant is a totally different animal. Most parts operations only work two shifts.

Like I said in my previous post, 3 shifts running 4 10's make more trucks while costing less for labor because of less break time. Even more less when you factor in that you are not paying traditional overtime on Saturday and Sunday on the production and maintenance side.

Also with the standard 3 8's schedule, there is no downtime between the shifts to fix minor problems. With the ABC crew, we have about 2 hours between shifts to get the equipment ready. In Body alone, you need about 45 minutes to an hour just to change weld tips, or you have more downtime during production.

That is why Ford wants the ABC schedule.

Edited by Pioneer

Clap clap clap! Well put.

Why all the bashing on that person? They just made a statement about the schedule and hours of the C shift. Doesn't mean that they don't desrve their job or is ungrateful. Hell I have to do the shift and I've complained about it,I'm not ungrateful whatsoever,I come to work everyday and will continue no matter what shift I have to work but it is hard on a persons body and family. Like myself I was unfortunate to have to get divorced and see my children every other weekend and now I will lose the little time I have with my children and miss out even more than what I did before the shift. When u only get 4 days a month with your children as it is then those 4 days are taking from you also,it does suck. That doesn't make us ungrateful at all,it makes us upset that we re mising out on our children,especially when there are other alternatives and other ways to do other than a C shift. Now I know I will prob get a response like well then I can always quit and spend all the time I ant with my children then and like that would be a brilliant response.. man this forum is for us to express our thoughts and feelings about what goes on in our co we work for not to bash someone for their opinion.

I would consider those on C Crew fortunate.

There are over 1,000 members out on ILO right now some are ready to end SUB and start TAP.

Its a shame that there is anyone who would have the gall to complain about a work schdule when so many are out of work.

Your location is blessed with 2 great products and people are complaining??????

I hope that no one from Norfolk, Edison, Maumee, Monroe, Nashville, Tulsa, Wixom, TCAP read this!!!!!

What a shame>>>>>>>>

I hope that you dont complain too loud.........Other locations are hiding in the weeds to steal your products.

Good luck

Hey just cause someone from our plant complains about a terrible,messed up shift doesn't make us ungrateful of feel unfortunate,I do believe all of us here are grateful and feel fortunate that we are still working and have jobs. I know I do and am very much so. Just because we have a job and working we shouldn't complain about a shitty ass shift. So according to you,everyone that isn't laid off at Ford should not ever complain about anything because we have jobs. So we shouldn't complain about concessions we have had to give up and more concessions Ford is wanting? We should just shut up and give them whatever they want whenever thay ask and want it? Because we are still working and have jobs? You are probably one of the people that voted yes on last concessions and will vote yes on the next ones.

All of us at KCAP do feel grateful and fortunate that we have 2 of the best selling products and in mean time we also feel we deserve good selling products. We all have worked hard here to build and produce the best quality F 150 s and Esapes. We work on one of the oldest production lines, we don't have a cushion of an assembly line,we have to actually bend down and over into the vehicles, we don't have a line that raises that raise or lower the vehicles to a comfy positions for us to do our job, we don't get to work in a nice air conditioned plant. I'm not saying you get all that either.

Back before all the layoffs and plant closings DTP cried about working any overtime and they could only build 25 to 30 trucks an hr on a good day while we was doing 55 to 60 + an hr. So what happen they offered us the overtime and we took it and worked it to make up for what they didn't want to do in our hot ass plant and on our old ass production line with our way overloaded jobs and made the best quality F 150 s. Just till about a year maybe 2 yrs ago they just got up to 50 an hr maybe. I'm not here putting anyone down whatsoever just aggravates me that because some of us here complain or make a statement about a retarded ass,bullshit shift,we are cry babies. The shift is bullshit for us or anyone that has to work it!!!!!!! There are other alternatives and shifts to come up with other than that one.

Again I don't mean to offend anyone if you felt I did. That was not my attention and I apologize before hand if I did. I hope everyone laid off gets back to work and we all have great jobs to retire on. I'm sure I will get a lot of name calling and foul mouths on this one.

Don't some of the parts plants work 3 8hr shifts in a day? I wonder if they could do something like that in an assembly plant :shrug: I'd rather do something like that than work nights and days in a week. Hey if you don't want to work c-crew just bump to the other shift and if you don't have the time just suck it up and grab a tissue!

I would be more then happy to work a 3 8hr shift or a 4 10 like,it seems,every other ford plant does.ISA does it and ill tell you it f-ing sucks watching people walk out after 7.5hrs of work at 10pm when you know you will be there til 4:30am.

Hey just cause someone from our plant complains about a terrible,messed up shift doesn't make us ungrateful of feel unfortunate,I do believe all of us here are grateful and feel fortunate that we are still working and have jobs. I know I do and am very much so. Just because we have a job and working we shouldn't complain about a shitty ass shift. So according to you,everyone that isn't laid off at Ford should not ever complain about anything because we have jobs. So we shouldn't complain about concessions we have had to give up and more concessions Ford is wanting? We should just shut up and give them whatever they want whenever thay ask and want it? Because we are still working and have jobs? You are probably one of the people that voted yes on last concessions and will vote yes on the next ones.

All of us at KCAP do feel grateful and fortunate that we have 2 of the best selling products and in mean time we also feel we deserve good selling products. We all have worked hard here to build and produce the best quality F 150 s and Esapes. We work on one of the oldest production lines, we don't have a cushion of an assembly line,we have to actually bend down and over into the vehicles, we don't have a line that raises that raise or lower the vehicles to a comfy positions for us to do our job, we don't get to work in a nice air conditioned plant. I'm not saying you get all that either.

Back before all the layoffs and plant closings DTP cried about working any overtime and they could only build 25 to 30 trucks an hr on a good day while we was doing 55 to 60 + an hr. So what happen they offered us the overtime and we took it and worked it to make up for what they didn't want to do in our hot ass plant and on our old ass production line with our way overloaded jobs and made the best quality F 150 s. Just till about a year maybe 2 yrs ago they just got up to 50 an hr maybe. I'm not here putting anyone down whatsoever just aggravates me that because some of us here complain or make a statement about a retarded ass,bullshit shift,we are cry babies. The shift is bullshit for us or anyone that has to work it!!!!!!! There are other alternatives and shifts to come up with other than that one.

Again I don't mean to offend anyone if you felt I did. That was not my attention and I apologize before hand if I did. I hope everyone laid off gets back to work and we all have great jobs to retire on. I'm sure I will get a lot of name calling and foul mouths on this one.

I dont know where you got your facts from, but the truck in demand right now is CC/SC. Right now we are building and have been for the past 3 years approximately 66.5 trucks an hour at DTP. Don't post false information.

I dont know where you got your facts from, but the truck in demand right now is CC/SC. Right now we are building and have been for the past 3 years approximately 66.5 trucks an hour at DTP. Don't post false information.

lol and 65.5 sit in the repair hole because you guys still cant get it right

the sad part is your right!

The sad part is..........................your degrading comment jackass.

I work in the body shop at DTP and try my damdest to put a quality product out.

Maybe if every one took a little more pride in their work and product, everything wouldn't be getting shipped to Mexico and China.

KCAP wasn't upset to work the C-Crew last time they had to,I think I know what KCAP's problem is this time,they are upset that DTP is getting its C-Crew back and they loosing a shift...Thats the problem..

But KCAP don't see the big picture and that is no one at KCAP is getting laid off....

There were just as many people bitching last time as there is this time, and I feel for anybody that has to work that type of shift no matter if your at KCAP, DTP, KTP, or wherever but I do know that the worse part of it here at KCAP is that quality suffers, with the old wore out equipment that is in suv body there is no time for proper maintenance just a band-aid and go so they can get production.

Don't be surprised that the c crew will be short live rumor is 4 months, but if everyone uses the stop button procedure to maintain quality it will be much shorter than that, and their will be some upper management heads on the chopping block this time, last time they never got a good feel for it because of multiple vendor issues causing down time, only time will tell.

Oh and General, you should go to work for the FBI as a profiler since you can read into people after reading a few post and know what the problem is!

"There simply has to be a better way to do this! I don't have an answer and I'm NOT against the adding of an additional shift. I want all of our Brothers and Sisters working Ford-wide, " - helick

"I apologize for my 'use' of certain words, and also my LACK of checking out facts before opening my big mouth." - helick

"My heart goes to ALL that work that schedule, .... But like i said, i am NOT against the adding on of a shift, by no means" - helick

Exactly what did he/she say that OFFENDS ANYBODY??? Hello?!?!?! I guess when your Billy's Little Baby feelings get hurt over nothing! No one said a Dog-gone thing about DTP, MTP or any other plant. It was about the KCAP C-Crew and the impending chaos that is coming. Simple, easy for me to understand, why is it hard for others?

Edited by pointy

Woodhaven stamping used to work 3 shifts, 8 hours a day, Monday thru Friday, until June. We are now on the 4/10 ABC schedule. A-crew works Monday thru Thursday, 5:00am to 3:30pm. B-crew works Tuesday thru Friday, 3:30pm to 2:00am (nice how we get to drive home with all the drunks on the road). C-crew works days Friday/Saturday, and afternoons Sunday/Monday. This schedule SUCKS! It may work in an assembly plant, but it doesn't work here. Management is just hiding their operating costs by working a C-crew on the weekend, paying them straight time. If they knew how to run this plant properly, we would still be on the 5/8 schedule, and not have to work the weekends.

The Plant newsletter came out this week stating how our quality has taken a nosedive since June. DUH! Nobody in manangement wants to admit this 4/10 isn't working. Also, this schedule hasn't added any people to the plant, just moved everybody around (and pissed off alot of people).

KCAP wasn't upset to work the C-Crew last time they had to,I think I know what KCAP's problem is this time,they are upset that DTP is getting its C-Crew back and they loosing a shift...Thats the problem..

But KCAP don't see the big picture and that is no one at KCAP is getting laid off....

I think one of the biggest problems actually is that your one of the dumbest Fucks to ever work for Ford. Do you live your life just to get on these forums and aggravate people? I bet with a small amount of research we'd discover the best part of you ran off of your mama's lips. One of the biggest problems Ford has is they allow some worthless turd hurler like you to be in the mix of the of people who do try and do a good job and put out quality products. Why don't you purchase yourself an inflatable date and give your palms a rest and let these people ask their questions without your dumbass input. The goal of this website is to keep each of us informed as best we can. It is not gonna help you find a deal on an air compressor to keep that hot new inflatable romance you desperately need alive.

Damn dude, put out relevant info or SHUT THE F**k UP!!!

You sound like management, Hmm actually, that would explain alot .

Edited by Old Rivet Head

:hysterical::hysterical: I Agree

I think one of the biggest problems actually is that your one of the dumbest Fucks to ever work for Ford. Do you live your life just to get on these forums and aggravate people? I bet with a small amount of research we'd discover the best part of you ran off of your mama's lips. One of the biggest problems Ford has is they allow some worthless turd hurler like you to be in the mix of the of people who do try and do a good job and put out quality products. Why don't you purchase yourself an inflatable date and give your palms a rest and let these people ask their questions without your dumbass input. The goal of this website is to keep each of us informed as best we can. It is not gonna help you find a deal on an air compressor to keep that hot new inflatable romance you desperately need alive.

Damn dude, put out relevant info or SHUT THE F**k UP!!!

You sound like management, Hmm actually, that would explain alot .

YOU NEED TO JUST; "SUCK IT HARD"

YOU ARE A MGT. KISS ASS I TAKE IT!!!

YOU NEED TO JUST; "SUCK IT HARD"

YOU ARE A MGT. KISS ASS I TAKE IT!!!

Why are you always shouting bro ?

No 1993 is not management, sounds like his words hit a nerve. Low seniority i am guessing ? forced to c-crew ?

Bump to another shift (if you can), deal with it or see if the buyouts are still available those are about the only options you have for now, wish you the best bro.

I work at KCAP. I am being bumped to the C crew. I really don't mind because I will be home with my kids 5 nights a week...it is probably the closest thing to day shift I will see for some time to come. The only real draw back to the C crew I see is the fact I may end up getting forced to move to the truck side shit hole when they end the C crew. I spent 5 years over there and yes it is a shit hole. Yes, we are very fortunet to not have to deal with lay-offs over and over again like the other plants in the system....Atleast till that pile of shit called the Transit gets here....but thats for another post. I think that what many people at KCAP are really pissed about is the fact the rules are being changed to suit the labor reps friends and family. One utility can sign off there classification and the others can't. They are going run the reliefe routs on one shift and not the others. They won't allow senior people to go to A or B crew but, they have temps on those shifts.....WTF!!!!

Edited by hoardpm

I work at KCAP. I am being bumped to the C crew. I really don't mind because I will be home with my kids 5 nights a week...it is probably the closest thing to day shift I will see for some time to come. The only real draw back to the C crew I see is the fact I may end up getting forced to move to the truck side shit hole when they end the C crew. I spent 5 years over there and yes it is a shit hole. Yes, we are very fortunet to not have to deal with lay-offs over and over again like the other plants in the system....Atleast till that pile of shit called the Transit gets here....but thats for another post. I think that what many people at KCAP are really pissed about is the fact the rules are being changed to suit the labor reps friends and family. One utility can sign off there classification and the others can't. They are going run the reliefe routs on one shift and not the others. They won't allow senior people to go to A or B crew but, they have temps on those shifts.....WTF!!!!

That sort of underhanded stuff went on for the 32 years I worked at KCAP, so the saying that the more things change the more they stay the same still holds true!!.... :hysterical:

KCAP has TEMPS?