AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

sprinter

Funny, the supposedly liberal NPR covered the story both before and after Jones resigned. So did Huffington Post.

Mark, you're being disingenuous, you know exactly what he's referring to....the major network news ...NBC, ABC, and CBS....here's a guy who calls himself a communist and signs a petition to investigate the POTUS for the 911 bombing and obama appoints him as an advisor......please tell me you're ok with this....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, you're being disingenuous, you know exactly what he's referring to....the major network news ...NBC, ABC, and CBS....here's a guy who calls himself a communist and signs a petition to investigate the POTUS for the 911 bombing and obama appoints him as an advisor......please tell me you're ok with this....

Thanks, napfirst. That is exactly what I meant.

Actually no, it was to investigate whether or not the government could have stopped it. He didn't believe that the government actually did the bombing...at least that's not what the petition said.

Is the POTUS part of our govt.?.......stop splitting hairs....your insistence to run interference for this agmin. is beginning to bore me....more especially since you have no dog in this fight.....

This must be a thread for folk that never voted for Obama, and are pissed off he got in.

Why do folk on BON never answer any questions, Nick or Richard will end up shutting a thread down and l am still none the wiser at the end of the day.

If you lost your job/income and was down on your luck Sprinter, and could not afford Health Insurance and developed cancer, and under Obama reformed health care you recieved the expensive cancer treatment you needed and it ended up saving your life how would you feel about Obama then just interested? No doubt you would prefer the tried and tested US method for the poor you have at the moment, take them out the back of the hospital and hit them with a shovel.

My Mum would not been alive today if she had not received expensive Cancer treatments on the UK NHS, she would never been able to afford health care insurance Stateside or the expensive treatments, and all you worry more about is a TV Licence that she gets for FREE anyway from the UK Government (It must take all day to watch a film like Lord of the Rings with commercial breaks every 5 minutes in the US, what a nightmare).

Gotta say l don't have a lotta respect for folk that don't care much about the 50 million poor people in USA that can't afford heath insurance. Obama cares about poor people, and he has got to clean up the mess left to him by Bush.

What happens to folk who have work in low paid jobs like Walmart all their life when they retire do they have to go without health insurance when they will need it the most, or does health insurance get cheaper as you get older and retire in the US just interested?

In the UK medical care free for those on a low income, prescription drugs are free & you get a free bus pass to travel when you get to the government retirement age, children under 16 get a free bus to help ease congestion on our busy roads. What happens to your health insurance when you retire in the US do you still have to pay like most of you like doing or is it free, or is it a quick will patch you up, here's your leg we cut off job it should cure your gout. You never kept the insurance payments you no longer could afford to keep up. Just interested what happens to your heathcare in retirement Stateside, do you like it because it is free or still have to pay for your own healthcare if you retire from working for a company like Walmart what happens just interested?.

All my family have EHIC cards that are issued FREE by the NHS, if you travel anywhere within the EU on holiday and a lot of countries that are not in the EU you are entitled to the same free health care under a tit-for-tat agreement. It might get extended to USA once Obama gets your health care up to speed.

EHIC EU

LINK

EHIC Non-EU

LINK

EHIC more Non-EU

LINK

'Doctors told me it was against the rules to save my premature baby'

Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday.

Read more

Who wants national healthcare?

Is the POTUS part of our govt.?.......stop splitting hairs....your insistence to run interference for this agmin. is beginning to bore me....more especially since you have no dog in this fight.....

Everyone has a dog in this fight....what I was saying is that you're accusing him of saying that the government perpetrated 9/11, when the petition he signed in fact accused the government of having prior knowledge and not stopping it, something that is somewhat more believable.

Everyone has a dog in this fight....what I was saying is that you're accusing him of saying that the government perpetrated 9/11, when the petition he signed in fact accused the government of having prior knowledge and not stopping it, something that is somewhat more believable.

Abdul Brown is about to let another 40 Islamic fanatics walk free from jail in the UK.

I wonder how this will go down Stateside?

THE SUN REPORTS..

FORTY convicted Islamic terrorists are back on the streets after being released from jail, a Sun investigation has revealed. And another 50 plotters, including al-Qaeda trained Sohail Qureshi, will be free soon.

Security experts said Britain's justice system was lax compared to the US, where jailed terrorists often never get out.

East London dental assistant Qureshi - seized while trying to travel to Afghanistan to attack British troops - is one of 25 Islamic fanatics due to be freed within 12 months.

A further 25 will be out within three years. And 40 more are already free men, The Sun can reveal.

At least five of those are still classified as "high risk" and have to be closely monitored by cops and intelligence agents.

Qureshi, 31, who dreamed of being a martyr, was held in October 2006 with night-vision goggles, £9,000 in cash and military kit.

He was given a 4½-year prison term. But under Britain's justice system, in which jail sentences are frequently lenient and routinely cut, he will be out in a few weeks.

The disturbing figures emerged from a special Sun investigation into 120 people convicted of Islamic terrorist offences since 1999.

Our probe followed the conviction on Monday of three al-Qaeda terrorists who plotted to blow up seven airliners with bottle bombs.

And it triggered dire warnings from security experts about the threat posed by freed extremists. A senior security source declared:

Shoe bomber Saajid Badat and missile terrorist Kazi Nurur Rahman are scheduled for freedom in two years. Badat was jailed for 13 years after admitting he intended to blow himself up aboard a passenger jet. His cohort was fellow shoe bomber Richard Reid - now serving 110 years without parole in the US.

If this was the United States, a great many of these people coming out soon would have been sentenced to 99 years and locked away for the rest of their lives.

LINK

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Take a pill, Jelly, take a pill.

MI5 are a pretty good outfit, and their surveillance and penetration of the jihaddis has been effective, along with the German counter-intelligence/security people.

As well, the SAS are available for a reprise of what they did to the IRA, only this time they will be liquidating jihaddis, if necessary.

What an asinine comparison.

I think Road's comment was not intended to compare obama to jones but rather to describe the way that some people (followers, koolade drinkers)are mesmerized by his every word (....tingling down their leg) and think that everything he says is prophetic and that anyone who questions him is either rasist or a right-wing nut.......

I think Road's comment was not intended to compare obama to jones but rather to describe the way that some people (followers, koolade drinkers)are mesmerized by his every word (....tingling down their leg) and think that everything he says is prophetic and that anyone who questions him is either rasist or a right-wing nut.......
That I can understand. I wonder where that places independents like me. I voted for him, but I question a lot of what this administration. Come to think about it, I voted for the Dubya the first time around, and questioned what his administration said and did, too.

That I can understand. I wonder where that places independents like me. I voted for him, but I question a lot of what this administration. Come to think about it, I voted for the Dubya the first time around, and questioned what his administration said and did, too.

The independents got BO elected. They can get him un-elected. No Dems and No Rebups will change their minds come 2012.

Plese feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this, Len A, but I heard that one of the things most important to independents is fiscal responsbility, which does not bode well for BO.

That's pretty much it.

It's interesting how some people are willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt (i.e., "I don't know about any of you, but what he said tonight certainly didn't scare me. What a speech.") on a speech about an issue that represents 17 percent of the U.S. economy, when he tells a huge whopper right out of the gate: "We've brought the economy back from the brink." From the brink of what, he didn't say, but I infer that he means the brink of a depression. When asked what would be the most important measure of economic recovery, his own vice president said job growth. Well, last Friday's jobs report had the unemployment rate growing from 9.4 percent in July to 9.7 percent in August. So the economy's not improving by the measure that Obama's administration considers to be most important. And it's not getting better like he implied. Another important measure that liberals especially consider to be important is the trade deficit. The deficit grew by a record 4.7 percent in July. In addition, the percentage of mortgages in the foreclosure process grew from 2.75 percent in Q2 2008 to 4.3 percent in Q2 2009. By these measures, it looks to me like the economy's getting closer and closer to that "brink," rather than returning from it.

This is the same president who told us that if Congress would just hurry and pass the $787 billion stimulus plan, the unemployment rate would not exceed 8 percent. It's the same administration that underestimated the FY 2009 budget deficit by $200 billion. And we're supposed to take Obama at his word when he says the government option will be "revenue neutral," that the new plan would actually increase benefits without increasing costs, and -- the biggest concoction of all -- that insuring 30 million new people will help the economy to recover. Surely even his own economic advisors have warned him about the future implications of this:

1856.jpg

And surely Obama knows that a government-run healthcare program falls within the definition of an entitlement program, just like Medicare and Social Security. The truth is, the unfunded liabilities of these entitlement programs are a much larger threat to the future of our republic and our society than any number of individuals who don't have health insurance. He knows this -- all Washington politicians know it -- but neither he nor they have the spines to do what's right and address the more important issue. They'll just do what Obama said last night that they've been doing about the comparatively non-issue of health care, which is to "kick the can down the road." At current rates, here's what kicking the can down the road means to future generations:

1855.jpg

So Obama is willfully misrepresenting the economic truth when he portrays the health-care issue as a crisis. What his and Congress's health-care proposals -- in whatever form they eventually take -- will do is just exacerbate the real crisis our country is facing and hasten its unfortunate outcome.

Obama is pushing this plan because he believes that government is the best solution to all of society's problems -- and when he can convince people that government can solve their problems, they will become more dependent on the government, and therefore, more dependent him and those like-minded individuals in his party who deign to offer solutions.

People who believe that Obama is pushing this health-care plan for noble purposes are drinking the proverbial Kool-Aid. And if enough people imbibe, it amounts to what will become a national suicide.

The independents got BO elected. They can get him un-elected. No Dems and No Rebups will change their minds come 2012.

Plese feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this, Len A, but I heard that one of the things most important to independents is fiscal responsbility, which does not bode well for BO.

Independents range from leaning right to leaning left, but fiscal responsibility is important. Problem is that when we get to the next presidential election, it won't be the only issue. Keep in mind that left-leaning social causes that a lot of independent votes care about, were neglected by Dubya, and the rest of the GOP. And some of the more recent "stars" of the GOP are so polarizing, they taint the Republicans. Right now, we could use a really good third option, but I have no idea where that's going to come from. I don't see shit right now in the GOP that interests me for the next presidential election.

Believe what you want.

The General Revenue Transfers chart is really, really impressive: 2010, 13%, 2080, 89% YIKES! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Now, that's 70 years. A lot can happen in 70 years. For example:

70 years earlier from 2010 is 1940. No atomic power, no computers, no DNA, no satellites, no nano-technology.

Any 70 year graph from 1940's knowledge would have been comical, except for maybe a few science fiction writers and editors from that era. But prognostications from "mainstream" financial organizations? Yeah, right.

The point is, extrapolations 70 years into the future are meaningless. America will be so different by then that all bets are off.

For example, what will be the effects of proteonomics on the cost of health care 70 years from now? Nobody knows. One effect could be to make "pill medicine", "drug medicine" completely obsolete. How will that affect costs?

Well, last Friday's jobs report had the unemployment rate growing from 9.4 percent in July to 9.7 percent in August.

I'm sure you understand that job growth and economic recovery do not happen in step. There is always a delay, because in order for jobs to grow companies must have confidence to begin hiring. Most economists now say we are well underway toward recovery and many companies reported small profits last quarter. Another quarter of positive results will lead to job growth later this year. Economists knew that the stimulus package would not have instant results, rather it would be delayed by several quarters.

As for the rest, I can see you point of view but I don't buy your extreme skepticism, and I don't buy the general revenue transfers graph. Echoing what Edstock said, nobody knows what will happen 70 years from now. That 89% figure is arbitrary and meaningless at this point.

Obviously if everyone a person encounters is prejudiced against that person's race, then I can understand how his perspective would be that America is a racist country. And he'd still be wrong.

People on my side of the political aisle are often criticized for failing to share the opposite side's perspective, yet we are accused as being the intolerant ones. The irony of that, is that it was people on the left who said Obama couldn't win because he's black.

Silly argument. Now you are dictating that if a person encounters racism in this country, or constantly battles racism, that his opinion is that the country is racist...is...wrong? Are you kidding me? Your telling me someone's belief or opinion is wrong? No one's opinion on racism is right or wrong. You may not agree with it, that doesn't make it wrong. It's still his opinion, valid with to him (or her).

I don't have a problem with people that believe in the conservative application of government. Never have. I do have a problem with people who think it's their way or the highway. My God, what I say is right, always MY morals, MY blah, blah, blah. People pass judgment on others at the drop of a hat, yet proclaim their tolerance, and my personal favorite, their religious virtues.

(Hate your next door neighbor, but don't forget to say grace -mentality.)

I'm sure you will find varying perspectives in the cities of Beverly Hills and Compton. Neither is right or wrong. It is opinion. Each is valid.

I do not agree with your opinion that America is not a racist country. That doesn't mean you are wrong....or right. It just means I don't agree with it. That's my biggest problem (and many others) with modern conservative types in general. No tolerance for others' views. If it doesn't jive with your view, it's just wrong.

Edited by the_spaniard

Silly argument. Now you are dictating that if a person encounters racism in this country, or constantly battles racism, that his opinion is that the country is racist...is...wrong? Are you kidding me? Your telling me someone's belief or opinion is wrong? No one's opinion on racism is right or wrong. You may not agree with it, that doesn't make it wrong. It's still his opinion, valid with to him (or her).

I don't have a problem with people that believe in the conservative application of government. Never have. I do have a problem with people who think it's their way or the highway. My God, what I say is right, always MY morals, MY blah, blah, blah. People pass judgment on others at the drop of a hat, yet proclaim their tolerance, and my personal favorite, their religious virtues.

I'm sure you will find varying perspectives in the cities of Beverly Hills and Compton. Neither is right or wrong. It is opinion. Each is valid.

I do not agree with your opinion that America is not a racist country. That doesn't mean you are wrong....or right. It just means I don't agree with it. That's my biggest problem (and many others) with modern conservative types in general. No tolerance for others' views. If it doesn't jive with your view, it's just wrong.

First, should pull in a few peoples opinions on opinions? I think we did that last year did we not? Some saying that opinions are and can be irrelevant, wrong, etc. While others, like myself and you and I think Ranger consider them to be relevant and real, if nothing else, to the one that holds the opinion.

-----

But, how can you talk about others lack of tolerance? This seem to be coming on this board a lot of late. I don't see the right calling names, generally attacking the left, or worse then has been done by a few on the left regarding the right as of late on this board. But that is just my opinion.

You have posted more then a few times re: MMGW something to the effect of "Well, anything we can do to clean up this world is OK by me. That is not like a bad thing." Implying, through your own actual intolerance, that those who oppose MMGW are somehow interested in the polluting and destruction of the world for our children, etc. I have read your posts at least 2 or 3 times stating this same thing. Usually following some one's statement that if they could actually prove some MMGW they would be more on board with it, but since they can not, we are doing just find and things are significantly cleaner.

Further, where is the out rage for those talking about ways to penalize or incarcerate MMGW deniers? I don't recall you having challenges with that. Who uses and name calls on these topics from Homosexuality, religion, MMGW, to Obama's birth certificate? If I am not mistaken, it far more regularly those on the left that do this. They don't attempt to prove the truth so much as discredit the detractors. And it seems like it has been going on for so long now that the average liberal sees it as standard operating procedures in dealing with so many topics.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I attack the far left far more regularly than I know about how crazy they are, what losers they are, how stupid, how they don't care about their own families, etc. But I just don't recall doing that.

Peace and Blessings

If every Conservative you encounter is caucasion, then does that mean that all Conservatives are white? If every Conservative you encounter "think it's their way or the highway" does that make all Conservatives intolerant? You are apparently intelligent enough to know that would be incorrect (as you indicated in your post), yet you proclaim your tolerance by making the same type of generalization as one who believes that America is a racist country on the basis of his/her limited perspective?

And you ask if I'm the one who is kidding?

America, as a matter of policy/law, does not favor one race over another ("Quotas" excepted, but that may have a limited future, thanks to those firefighters in CT). People do that all the time. For America (itself) to be racist, it would require the prejudiced to have the power to reign over those who are prejudged. In private matters they can and do, but in public matters they don't, or only so long as they aren't found out.

Opinions are wrong, if they are contrary to the facts.

I do not agree with your opinion that America is not a racist country.

Do you believe that some may use that as a crutch or a way to deflect blame (for failure) from themselves?

That doesn't mean you are wrong....or right. It just means I don't agree with it. That's my biggest problem (and many others) with modern conservative types in general. No tolerance for others' views. If it doesn't jive with your view, it's just wrong.

You are free to have your perspective, and I have no desire to alter your opinion. Just remember while you are worried about the bigoted/prejudiced holding some (maybe you?) back, others are finding ways around them, and will get ahead.

Speaking for myself, I'll start worrying more about what others think of me, when I stop worrying about what I think of me.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but in my opinion, you should worry less about what you think others think about you (and what you think of others), then what you think about you.