Quotes to ponder b4 voting

Maislebandit

"UAW workers are lazy, overpaid, overwieght, uneducated, selfish, spoiled cry babies that don't deserve the benefits they have!" - The AMERICAN public perception of US

I do not believe this but I felt it was necessary to post BASED ON THE TOPIC.

Let's not forget the public and media will be watching and waiting for us to vote this down so they can have a field day with it and blast us more then they already do.

there is truth in what youre saying but what do you propose we do?

it is also true that autoworker jobs havent always really been that much better than other manufacturing jobs. here in louisville there used to be tobacco companies,distilleries,and many,many manufacturing companies whose pay and benefits were equivalent to, if not better than what the union autoworkers had.

the vast majority of those jobs are either gone or have already succumbed to concessions to the point they dont even remember what they gave up anymore.should we go down that same path to make the so called public happy??

we are the last light in the darkness of what remains of the middle class. we made the middle class in this country,we being the uaw,teamsters, mine workers etc. we cant blow out the lamp just because a few vocal people would be happier knowing everyone was in the dark, so to speak.

we should stand ready to give concessions when they are necessary to maintain the viability of the company. we should and we have followed through on this. having said that we should only give concessions when we are assured that we will receive our fair share of the first dollar of profit in the companies rebound. our right to strike is our only assurance towards that end. give that up and all we have conceded and all we concede in the future will be gone forever.that is a fact.

It's good for the company and it is good for us. It is win-win.

The company can do what they want.

Were all brothers and sisters.

[uAW leadership]

my favorite capt. qoute,,,, 'you dont know the intent of the language",,,i got news for you poindexter,neither will the arbitraitor,all he will know is the legal meaning of the words,hes not gonna give a ratshit about your special INTENT :ohsnap::ohsnap:

A lot of you came up with some really good ones. Real thinkers.

Here is a few more.

"Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it as earned."

Thomas Jefferson

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

Abraham Lincoln

"The American labor movement has consistently demonstrated its devotion to the public interest.It is, and has been, good for all America. Those who would destroy or further limit the rights of organized labor--those who would cripple collective bargaining or prevent organization of the unorganized--do a disservice to the cause of democracy."

John F. Kennedy

........." We pause to remember and to reflect and to reaffirm. We remember that the rights and benefits we enjoy today weren't simply handed to America's working men and women. They had to be won. They had to be fought for, by men and women of courage and conviction, from the factory floors of the Industrial Revolution to the shopping aisles of today's superstores. They stood up and they spoke out to demand a fair shake and an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.

Many risked their lives. Some gave their lives. Some made it a cause of their lives -- like Senator Ted Kennedy, who we remember today.

So let us never forget: much of what we take for granted -- the 40-hour work week, the minimum wage, health insurance, paid leave, pensions, Social Security, Medicare -- they all bear the union label. It was the American worker -- men and women just like you -- who returned from World War II to make our economy the envy of the world. It was labor that helped build the largest middle class in history. Even if you're not a union member, every American owes something to America's labor movement..............Like so many Americans, you work hard. You meet your responsibilities. You play by the rules. You pay your bills. But in recent years, the American Dream seems like it's been slipping away, because from Washington to Wall Street, too often a different attitude prevailed. Wealth was valued over work, selfishness over sacrifice, greed over responsibility. The right to organize was undermined rather than strengthened.........So today, on this Labor Day, we reaffirm our commitment. To rebuild. To live up to the legacy of those who came before us. To combine the enduring values that have served us so well for so long -- hard work and responsibility -- with new ideas for a new century. To ensure that our great middle class remains the backbone of our economy -- not just a vanishing ideal we celebrate at picnics once a year as summer turns to fall. We want it a reality for the families of Ohio and the families of America. "

Barack Obama labor day speech.09/07/2009

• 3 weeks later...

And from the IUAW - Do as I say, not as I do?

Each betrayal begins with a trust - Phish

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks - Arthur Miller

I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery. Aeschylus

There is no act of treachery or meanness of which a political party is not capable; for in politics there is no honour. Benjamin Disraeli

To say the truth, so Judas kissed his master And cried, 'All hail!' when as he meant all harm.

Author: William Shakespeare

Keep going? lol

And from the IUAW - Do as I say, not as I do?

Each betrayal begins with a trust - Phish

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks - Arthur Miller

I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery. Aeschylus

There is no act of treachery or meanness of which a political party is not capable; for in politics there is no honour. Benjamin Disraeli

To say the truth, so Judas kissed his master And cried, 'All hail!' when as he meant all harm.

Author: William Shakespeare

Keep going? lol

You know how to dig them up Spring!

"Don't move you might have a broken neck! Do you have your insurance card on you?" - Medic in Life Flight helicopter

"Obstacles are those frightening things you see when you take your eyes off the prize!" - Ryan Leech

"Are these the kind of people that you want talking to your God for you?" - H.S.B.

"It's better to be a decadent degenerate than a pretentious peasant." - I

Edited by DecadentDegenerate