UAW to Profit from Concessions?

danehilby

Doesn't the UAW now own large portions of GM & Chrys because of the VEBA Commitments? If they can keep Wages & Benefits at lower costs in all of Big 3, will they not profit from this? Can someone enlighten me on this?

sure sounds like a giant conflict of interest to me...vote NO

sure sounds like a giant conflict of interest to me...vote NO

FYI, Ford did not give stock options, GM and Chrysler did and there is a big risk with that and that is why they will liquidate them stocks first chance they get. Nice to see that you are educated on the subject before you post stupid shit you know nothing about. Do you even understand why you are voting no. Fk no you don't! Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but how does the UAW benefit from the loss of 2B committment and 7k jobs to our UAW brothers and sister. Brilliant! Wish you were negotiating for me!

FYI, Ford did not give stock options, GM and Chrysler did and there is a big risk with that and that is why they will liquidate them stocks first chance they get. Nice to see that you are educated on the subject before you post stupid shit you know nothing about. Do you even understand why you are voting no. Fk no you don't! Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but how does the UAW benefit from the loss of 2B committment and 7k jobs to our UAW brothers and sister. Brilliant! Wish you were negotiating for me!

yes I do know..Because now isn't the time to give back more..we have alreasdy given too much..This union needs to send a message ..that message is HELL NO

I just hope to God your not negotiating for me..asshole..vote no

Ill tell you what craptain reveal who you r and I will reveal who I am. You r for pattern bargaining? Well let Ford go into bankruptcy just like the other two. Now that will be a pattern. Times are tough for everyone so if they are going to put me and my other union brothers and sisters in the poor house then I will take them with me. Our bills are not going down and inflation is in the short future. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that enough is enough. You and all the rest of these liberals want to raise taxes and fuck us all some more. stick your pro company opinions in your holy-then-thou ass. Reveal who you really are because we all know what you stand for. Come out from under Bob Kings desk you spineless butt pirate.

Ill tell you what craptain reveal who you r and I will reveal who I am. You r for pattern bargaining? Well let Ford go into bankruptcy just like the other two. Now that will be a pattern. Times are tough for everyone so if they are going to put me and my other union brothers and sisters in the poor house then I will take them with me. Our bills are not going down and inflation is in the short future. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that enough is enough. You and all the rest of these liberals want to raise taxes and fuck us all some more. stick your pro company opinions in your holy-then-thou ass. Reveal who you really are because we all know what you stand for. Come out from under Bob Kings desk you spineless butt pirate.

come on out captain gutless..vote NO when you grow some balls

Well, Captain723, looks like the pot calling the kettle black! First, Ford is financing it's VEBA Commitment by issuing & selling large portions of stock, driving the price of your Ford stock down. You say the UAW can't profit by these Ford concessions? If UAW-Ford workers concede, then in six years all 3 will be fighting for increases to their wages set at today's standard. However, if the UAW-Ford workers can keep their wages increasing in the next contract, GM & Chrys will probably regain theirs in six years (think Chrys in the 80"s). Therefore, IT DOES profit the UAW to keep UAW-Ford wages & benefits down. Apparently YOU got your education on-line at the University of Self-Thought

Well, Captain723, looks like the pot calling the kettle black! First, Ford is financing it's VEBA Commitment by issuing & selling large portions of stock, driving the price of your Ford stock down. You say the UAW can't profit by these Ford concessions? If UAW-Ford workers concede, then in six years all 3 will be fighting for increases to their wages set at today's standard. However, if the UAW-Ford workers can keep their wages increasing in the next contract, GM & Chrys will probably regain theirs in six years (think Chrys in the 80"s). Therefore, IT DOES profit the UAW to keep UAW-Ford wages & benefits down. Apparently YOU got your education on-line at the University of Self-Thought

The university of Kick-back is more like it. He has a sever case of the dumb ass

Captain723 Super Zip

Another train of thought to go along with my last comment: Again, keeping UAW-Ford wages down will keep UAW-GM & UAW-Chrys wages down. Since UAW-VEBA owns over 67% of Chrys & more than 17.5% of GM, if you can't see that keeping all wages & benefits down, maybe you need to update your beany-cap power!!! :banghead:

I'm voting No because you seem to be voting Yes.The UAW does not care about members anymore they will reap huge profits from the money they generate in interest from the VEBA as well as the strike funds.Union dues are chicken shit to them.This is the reason they will cut retiree benifits as well as not want to strike because they will not want to kill the goose they hope will lay golden eggs.

Edited by skeptic

Captain723 Super Zip

Another train of thought to go along with my last comment: Again, keeping UAW-Ford wages down will keep UAW-GM & UAW-Chrys wages down. Since UAW-VEBA owns over 67% of Chrys & more than 17.5% of GM, if you can't see that keeping all wages & benefits down, maybe you need to update your beany-cap power!!! :banghead:

The administration in Washington are the ones who pushed to keep the GM & Chrysler wages down, regardless of what the UAW Ford Department may want. From http://www.detnews.com/article/20091024/AU...uage+riles+UAW:

But the Obama administration worried the union might demand the restoration of lost pay and benefits if GM and Chrysler returned to profitability, jeopardizing the gains, sources said. To ensure that the billions taxpayers invested would not be wasted, the government demanded that the UAW accept limits on its right to strike over pay and benefit increases in 2011 talks, sources said.

This so-called "no strike" clause was also key to convincing Italy's Fiat SpA to take over struggling Chrysler, the sources added.

Not accurate. Ford gave a “convertible debenture” or “convertible note.” See: http://www.uaw.org/contracts/07/ford/hrly/ford_hr11.php

A financial instrument, backed by Ford, called a “convertible debenture” or “convertible note.” This note will have a face value of $3.3 billion, and Ford will be required to pay annual cash interest on the note for the benefit of the VEBA. In the event that the price of Ford common stock increases above a certain level, VEBA trustees may convert the note to Ford stock and then sell this stock in order to diversify assets in the trust. This “conversion” mechanism allows the VEBA to benefit from increases in Ford’s stock price. For example, if the price of Ford stock increases approximately 50 percent anytime over the next five years, the value of the note would be $5 billion. If the “conversion” is not triggered, the note will continue in effect, and the trustees can enforce Ford’s obligation to pay the trust the face value of the note, along with accrued interest.

So Ford's stock price has some effect (to what extent I do not claim to know) on the funding of the VEBA for Ford retirees.

Edited by Len_A

Your right some I-Reps bought them out of their own personal savings! :shades:

Your right some I-Reps bought them out of their own personal savings! :shades:

Wow, I know you have this conspiracy theory, but any IUAW that has seen Ford's books did not buy any stock in the company, they would be completely stupid. You may see if this thing goes down, I hope not, but the possibility is very real!

Are these the 7 thousand plus jobs that where identified in the 2007 CBA to be entry level positions according to the unpublished letters ?