Contract Modifications Voted Down ?

Furious1Auto

There is a mass text being forwarded to members at various facilities that states that enough people have already voted against the modifications to defeat the agreement. This same text entourages members at facilities that have not voted yet to vote yes to save face with the corporate office. It is a trick to sucker members into supporting the contract even if they don't agree with it's terms. The gap is not large enough yet to declare the contract proposal defeated yet. This text was created for one reason, to effect the vote count to alter the final results in favor of the company.

If you think that voting yes will buy you favor then you are a fool. Ford will put their products where they want, when they want. Unfortunately it seems that there interests are abroad. OHAP had the highest % of yes votes for the last contract modification, Now where is the body shop they were "guaranteed"? By doing what you think is saving face you might actually be responsible for passing the agreement. I was not able to trace the source, because it had been forwarded so many times. I have the text, and will post it once I charge my phone enough to retrieve it.

Edited by Furious1Auto

There is a mass text being forwarded to members at various facilities that states that enough people have already voted against the modifications to defeat the agreement. This same text entourages members at facilities that have not voted yet to vote yes to save face with the corporate office. It is a trick to sucker members into supporting the contract even if they don't agree with it's terms. The gap is not large enough yet to declare the contract proposal defeated yet. This text was created for one reason, to effect the vote count to alter the final results in favor of the company.

If you think that voting yes will buy you favor then you are a fool. Ford will put their products where they want, when they want. Unfortunately it seems that there interests are abroad. OHAP had the highest % of yes votes for the last contract modification, Now where is the body shop they were "guaranteed"? By doing what you think is saving face you might actually be responsible for passing the agreement. I was not able to trace the source, because it had been forwarded so many times. I have the text, and will post it once I charge my phone enough to retrieve it.

I would think that the more disturbing item would have been how someone got all the cell phoine numbers of all the members in order to "mass text" everyone at all the "various facilities". I mean on one hand the IUAW is a bunch of incompetent fools and the next thing you know they've pulled this stunt that would have impressed SPECTRE.

I would think that the more disturbing item would have been how someone got all the cell phoine numbers of all the members in order to "mass text" everyone at all the "various facilities". I mean on one hand the IUAW is a bunch of incompetent fools and the next thing you know they've pulled this stunt that would have impressed SPECTRE.

All they had to do was send out a few text messages to some people and let it go from there. If the appointed reps and other union reps started text messaging the people they know in the plant, those people, thinking they had good information, would start forwarding it. I had six FWD:s before the message on the ones I was receiving. It's not that hard to do. We all know how the plant grapevine works. It's not that big of a stunt.

All they had to do was send out a few text messages to some people and let it go from there. If the appointed reps and other union reps started text messaging the people they know in the plant, those people, thinking they had good information, would start forwarding it. I had six FWD:s before the message on the ones I was receiving. It's not that hard to do. We all know how the plant grapevine works. It's not that big of a stunt.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I thought he was claiming that the IUAW initiated this ti influence the vote. But it sounds as if a few people got together and spread it as a rumor to influence the way people are voting. My bad.

In reality you're voting 'NO' to go on strike. Just remember a strike is not like throwing a party.

I fully understand what a strike means and if thats what it takes so be it!! I will celebrate my right as a Proud union member to do whatever it takes whenever it takes it to be treated with, "dignity and respect" which is something they dont do now!!! :happy feet:

THANKS FOR COSTING US JOBS!!!!

I fully understand what a strike means and if thats what it takes so be it!! I will celebrate my right as a Proud union member to do whatever it takes whenever it takes it to be treated with, "dignity and respect" which is something they dont do now!!! :happy feet:

Like the UAW would have went on strike anyway!!! Hope your happy about costing the UAW lots of jobs!

TBodette68

you need a blanket party..any volunteers to help?

With all that muscle you clowns got between your ears, I'm real scared!! :party2:

I'll help. With a name like candy cane, you at least know from the start they are a SUCKER!!!!

But, I thought of you when I voted NO.

Yes, you're voting no to keep the right to strike, not give up that right like a common coward.

Under the terms of the agreement, Sterling Axle was supposed to get new rear-wheel drive work that would have added about 100 jobs. Now, union sources fear that work will be given to Getrag Corp., a German supplier with a nonunion factory in North Carolina. Local union leaders also were told Ford is considering outsourcing other components made at the plant, where 80 percent of workers voted against ratification.

Well HERO, how many more will you sacrifice? Let me guess, as many as it takes as long as it's not you.

Under the terms of the agreement, Sterling Axle was supposed to get new rear-wheel drive work that would have added about 100 jobs. Now, union sources fear that work will be given to Getrag Corp., a German supplier with a nonunion factory in North Carolina. Local union leaders also were told Ford is considering outsourcing other components made at the plant, where 80 percent of workers voted against ratification.

Well HERO, how many more will you sacrifice? Let me guess, as many as it takes as long as it's not you.

I AM SURE THAT WAS THERE PLAN ANYWAY ///////////WAKE UP///////

Under the terms of the agreement, Sterling Axle was supposed to get new rear-wheel drive work that would have added about 100 jobs.

The last agreement was also supposed to keep and create jobs and work, and the company hasn't lived up to that promise. What makes you think this will be any different? You're like a battered wife that keeps believing her husband when he promises to not beat the hell out of her again.

Well HERO

i_know_im_your_hero_tshirt-p235172239842397005t5tr_400.jpg

Sterling Axle was already committed a new axle in the 2007 contract, they may have scrapped the original product that was intended to go there but this was just a new version of a product they where allocated anyway.

Don't any of you yes people realize outsourcing work is what almost cost Ford dearly when the bankruptcies happened. I thought Ford executives realized what almost happened and where changing to bring work back so we where not so dependent on outside companies. Some of these outside companies are still at risk if not in bankruptcy, if any of the outside suppliers file chapter 7 and close shop Ford's casting and any other machines they have in these companies could be held until the bankruptcy is finalized.

So why would they chance that happening again, come on people wake up.

Besides we still have contractual obligations for work until 2011 , Candyass (sp?) you honestly believe they will up and pull out everything in the U.S. at the drop of a hat ?

The last thing Ford needs right now is anything that will prevent the progress that has been made, pulling stuff out even in 2011 would do just that. It possibly could kill all the market they have gained in the last year as well as stop future gains.

Edited by lquidspine

Thanks for wanting to sell out trades, the low tier, and anyone else that it takes to make your own ass feel safe. Your a piece of sh-t, and have no concept of solidarity. :slap:

You work for a greedy ass company that is out sourcing your work to lower wage labor markets, and somehow I am giving your job away, unf-cking believeable.

Edited by Furious1Auto

you know something CandyCane or should we say "Limp Sucker" you are exactly the reason the Union was created. Company people who only care about themselves and not the union brother and sisters, your head is so far up your ass you can't see the true meaning of this contract bullshit they have laid out on the table. It's very simple,,FALSE PROMISES!!!!!!But you just go ahead and tonsil tickle a little more and see where it gets you, This company has done NOTHING but LIE,ABUSE, and Steal from the union workers for how long,,but you just keep believing everything they tell you, you my non union friend are exactly the type of worker Ford wants. Solidarity something you have NO clue about!!!!!