Watch out Oakville and St. Thomas

bodyman

I just listened to the entire news conference of the Caw. They said they are going to put 2 new vehicles in Oakville , but Ken , when asked about it, said it may replace current models, so there might only be the same production as there is now. There is no added work here, just replacement work.

This is bullshit. I hope Oakville workers shove this up the Ford's ass.

At STAP we are getting 75,000 or 100,000 plus a car voucher. Apparently from what was said, this is nothing different then what is in the contract now, on a closure. So why is there concessions without anything new. If you have any questions about what was said or asked, please feel free to ask me. There is nothing in this to entice workers to take this deal.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to the entire news conference of the Caw. They said they are going to put 2 new vehicles in Oakville , but Ken , when asked about it, said it may replace current models, so there might only be the same production as there is now. There is no added work here, just replacement work.

This is bullshit. I hope Oakville workers shove this up the Ford's ass.

At STAP we are getting 75,000 or 100,000 plus a car voucher. Apparently from what was said, this is nothing different then what is in the contract now, on a closure. So why is there concessions without anything new. If you have any questions about what was said or asked, please feel free to ask me. There is nothing in this to entice workers to take this deal.

75000 - 100000? How many years to get the $100000?

I am guessing 10 years, since they only gave 2 figures

Actually, I believe the cutoff was previously 8 years for the $100 000.

The key here is the 10% footprint. Regardless of the number of models produced, Ford has seemingly committed to that magic percentage.

The key here is the 10% footprint. Regardless of the number of models produced, Ford has seemingly committed to that magic percentage.

Ok 10%. So when the Fiesta, C-Max,Transit Connect, etc... production ramps up does that mean there will be a big hiring spree in Canada to maintain this 10% of North American production? A hiring spree of 2nd tier employees...hmmm. Just thinking out loud.

The last "real" new hires (not the Windsor guys) just went passed 7 years this month. So if the number is 8 years, everybody in the plant (I have no clue what the Windsor guys have) should be getting the same?

Doesn't matter, vote no.

1. Demand the CAW goes back to the table and negotiates a better deal (one that saves STAP)

2. Tell Kenny if he can't get a better job done, find somebody who can.

3. Since Kenny can't do his job, demand that he step down and find his place on the unemployment line.

The 2 products for Oakville is bait for them, but it is not guaranteed product and will only replace product.

Ken is relying on market demand to increase the membership. If we vote no , we still get the money..

Actually what is in the contract is for someone with 10 years seniority would recieve $52500.00 Read the the second book with all the coloured pages. The info for severance is in there. $100000 plus a car voucher sounds good to me. My vote is yes. Ford is hell bent to close us so suck it up take the money and move on.

We don't need to vote yes at STAP, We get the money regardless. Why make less when you can make more. Oakville will be the NO vote, GO Oakville GO

Don't be to sure about that, already talk to a couple of no-voters who have changed their mind since this press release was issued............. I'm sure more will follow, I'M personally on the fence right now, have to hear more info at the meeting on sunday. The press release said we (oakville) we'll be getting 2 new products and also an update to to the edge and mkx, i guess its all in how you phrase it.........or read it.

"For the Oakville assembly plant, Ford committed to allocating a new global platform to the Oakville flex plant, which will produce at least two new-generation vehicles in the next product cycle. During the course of the collective agreement, two models - the Edge and the Lincoln MKX will also get a major refresh."

Don't be to sure about that, already talk to a couple of no-voters who have changed their mind since this press release was issued............. I'm sure more will follow, I'M personally on the fence right now, have to hear more info at the meeting on sunday. The press release said we (oakville) we'll be getting 2 new products and also an update to to the edge and mkx, i guess its all in how you phrase it.........or read it.

"For the Oakville assembly plant, Ford committed to allocating a new global platform to the Oakville flex plant, which will produce at least two new-generation vehicles in the next product cycle. During the course of the collective agreement, two models - the Edge and the Lincoln MKX will also get a major refresh."

Anybody have any more details? Personally I'd like to see a lot more than a "commitment" or promise of new product. We've seen a lot of carrots dangled in Oakville since 94 and got nothing!

Unless there is something in this contract that is at least somewhat better than the GM/Chrysler

deal, I'm Voting NO!

Anybody have any more details? Personally I'd like to see a lot more than a "commitment" or promise of new product. We've seen a lot of carrots dangled in Oakville since 94 and got nothing!

Unless there is something in this contract that is at least somewhat better than the GM/Chrysler

deal, I'm Voting NO!

Can you do me a favour and pass those carrots(edge,mks,mkt and flex) to STAP i'm hungry over here.

deal, I'm Voting NO!

Dumbest statement ever :finger:

?????

What was Oakville building in '94, and what are they building now? What was STAP building in '94, and what are they building now?

Sorry I should have mentioned I was in OTP. Before we went to 1 shift we built F series trucks,2 shifts 10 hours for my first ten years there. We built the Six man cab,Chassis cab,F-150/250/350 and had the U-Haul contract. We also had the lowest cost per unit of all (5 at that time) truck plants.OAC built the Tempo/Topaz. Up until Jan. 2000 we were led to believe if we did this this and this etc we MIGHT get a second shift back.

I truly feel for the brothers and sisters at STAP, but unless there is a GAURANTEE of new product at OAC I don't see many of you coming here or new jobs created.

Again-"commitments" don't cut it!

I'll be at the ratification meeting on Sunday to listen but as of right now I'm voting no.

Actually what is in the contract is for someone with 10 years seniority would recieve $52500.00 Read the the second book with all the coloured pages. The info for severance is in there. $100000 plus a car voucher sounds good to me. My vote is yes. Ford is hell bent to close us so suck it up take the money and move on.

http://www.caw.ca/en/3580.htm Page 8 $75,000 prod. $90,000 trade + $35,000 car voucher Would we (STAP) not fall under "Restructuring Allowances" as negotiated in May 08, or has that been given up as part of the cost saving measures in this new contract? Severance or restructuring?

no you are not restructuring but closing...you will only get a severance package

so it will be a different package than what we got when we went to 1 shift that was restructuring

as for Scott i told you guys to vote for Barny .....he would not have put up with this shit

think about this the UAW turned it down why should CAW be patsy's............ VOTE NO...............there is nothing here for any of the Ford locations

VOTE NO