They are going to build the new crown victoria in the U.S.??? Our Union must have knew this and basically sold us out or Ford bargained in bad faith..... Which is it? If Ford bargained in bad faith our Union needs to step up and do something!!!!

I believe you've been CAW fucked . After all the years of caw intransigence (work refusals!!!) Ford can do what they want with very little remorse. The union folded on STAP like a dirty shirt. How do like the agreement now that you can see it for more than 1/2 an hour? AH so is life , I'll bet lewenza isn't loosing any sleep over us!

There is only one reason why Ford would import a car like that. :reading:

Anyway, a new non union car company might get more sales now..

Carbon Motors Company

car14.jpg

Aren't they still looking for an assembly plant? I think I know of one that is no longer needed that has a skilled work force who has shown they can produce the best cop car in the world.

Doubt Ford would sell STAP to Carbon. Imagine if they did and Carbon became the new segment leader. It would be a bigger disaster then the first couple generation D3's

Aren't they still looking for an assembly plant? I think I know of one that is no longer needed that has a skilled work force who has shown they can produce the best cop car in the world.

Doubt Ford would sell STAP to Carbon. Imagine if they did and Carbon became the new segment leader. It would be a bigger disaster then the first couple generation D3's

Now isn't the best time to bring a high priced vehicle geared toward municipal, county or state sales when those venues are experiencing a budget crunch. Our department at one time would turn over the entire fleet every 18 months. now we are lucky to get four cars a year and vehicles with 120k are beginning to be the norm. Anyone bringing out a vehicle geared to such a small audience is doomed to failure.

I wouldn't drive that Carbon Motors thing... it looks like a bad rip-off of RoboCop...and what do you do when it's time to get rid of it...you can't sell it to the public! though impersonators would be happy...

Honestly, I think some are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing... I have not seen any word that says STAP is doomed... What I saw indicated the new PI would be "designed and engineered" in the US, but doesn't mean it will be BUILT in the US (Canada).

You guys at STAP... I love you. Lost count how many cars my family has owned that you guys built. Keep up the great work.

I wouldn't drive that Carbon Motors thing... it looks like a bad rip-off of RoboCop...and what do you do when it's time to get rid of it...you can't sell it to the public! though impersonators would be happy...

Honestly, I think some are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing... I have not seen any word that says STAP is doomed... What I saw indicated the new PI would be "designed and engineered" in the US, but doesn't mean it will be BUILT in the US (Canada).

You guys at STAP... I love you. Lost count how many cars my family has owned that you guys built. Keep up the great work.

STAP is doomed........sorry

Hope you enjoy the new taurus It might be a little better than Robocops

post-25827-1258294612_thumb.jpg

If it's not a Ford, it's *not* a REAL police car.

The only real police car I have ever driven in my life was a 1973 Plymouth Gran Fury 440. Anything from 1974 up was a "wannabe cop car". Sadly enough though, I never had the pleasure of driving any of the pre-1973 Mopars.

Ford has NEVER had any power to the rear wheels. NEVER.

The only real police car I have ever driven in my life was a 1973 Plymouth Gran Fury 440. Anything from 1974 up was a "wannabe cop car". Sadly enough though, I never had the pleasure of driving any of the pre-1973 Mopars.

Ford has NEVER had any power to the rear wheels. NEVER.

Have fun in your front wheel drive "wannabe cop cars "sherriff. You should have a lot of power in those front wheels by not carrying around a full frame. Go for it Sherriff.

Not even the Bluesmobile? The 1974 Dodge Monaco? You know, the one with a 440 cubic inch that runs good on regular gas...

bluesmobile_blues_brothers_9.jpg

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Not even the Bluesmobile? The 1974 Dodge Monaco? You know, the one with a 440 cubic inch that runs good on regular gas...

bluesmobile_blues_brothers_9.jpg

1974 was the first year I couldn't help but notice that the smog equipment was making dogs out of the Mopars. It was all downhill from there, IMHO!

And even so, no Crown Victoria has ever come close to running with the older Mopars. This is not a major problem though, police chiefs and sheriffs didn't want their troops running 140 to 150 mph any longer anyway.

From what I've read, Carbon Motors doesn't want their products sold to the public after police departments are through with them. CM plan is to buy back all E7s and recycle whatever is recyclable and discard whatever isn't.