we make to much money

fordworker

Both parties have jacked up the economy and there is enough blame to be passed around on most issues. The size of the gov't has spiraled out of control, and both sides are to blame.

John McCain is now irrelevant. Don't worry about what he says.

Do not blame management for all of your problems. Management is too big, like the government. You can't say that you have no responsibility and then justify your wage. If it is a design or engineering flaw, quality and consistancy don't matter and some guy in India can assemble parts for three bucks a day. If we have great products that demand a trained, skilled workforce, you earn every penny and may deserve more. You can't have it both ways.

I hate to bust your bubble but there was bunch of dems that said the very same thing and that doesn't include all the people who are jealous of us.

No they didn't, not when it came to Tarp. There was a list of how many dems said no and I believe it was 8 total. But to balance out that 8 there were a few Republicans that said yes to TARP and one was McCotter who was a champion for auto workers in his state of Michigan.

Well lets see. There's the 3 G's. God,Guns and Gays. I still laugh hysterically when I see the ammo $$ being run up because everyone is afraid Obama is going to take their guns away. :hysterical: Absolutely frickin' hilarious. And now there's this mad rush to find hard to get ammo. :hysterical::hysterical:

Obama did exactly what he was probably set out to do whether a small business or large. People came out to shop. Who cares what for. It drove gun sales then small business should be happy that he scared people into the stores to buy guns. I hate guns but those store owners probably saw the best sales ever! So why are we bashing Obama again?

Because we live in a Country where we have the right to choose. Did you ever here of MLK,Rosa Parks

thank God they did not have your small mind. People who challenge the system make it better for all

of us. To prove that this site would not exist without the freedom of speech!!! You may not like what

John Mcain has to say but he has that right as a American. BAILING OUT ANY COMPAY IS A BAD IDEA!!

Let them fall it was there fault anyway bad management, product and bad union policy's. Very simply

those car companies got out of the business of building cars people wanted to drive. That's why cash

for clunker's 56% of people choose a foreign brand over American. My advice to you is grab a book

learn both sides and make a educated decision not what your union or party tells you to vote.

"

Great, you say "then let them go bankrupt and then so goes the waitress that waits on the families that just lost the breadwinner in their family. So goes the housing market do to foreclosures, there goes the big taxes that small towns used to collect to keep the fire, police, and other things that make the town a great place to live in, teachers are laid off because of less students in that town, the local party owner is shutting down because no one comes in to buy lottery tickets, beverages, snacks from the local plant employees, new business won't come in because more people leaving, oh BTW, this is the town I'm living in and everything is riding on one plant, one.

McLame is a skirt-chasing, ignorant idiot. Someone should ask this bastard- as all politicians Republicans and Democrats alike what have they done to earn their pay and benefits from the taxpayer? Like it or not, GM and Chrysler at least support the communities in which they operate. These politicians destroy them.

You are still working... You guys better wake up the Rushpublicans were going after your job an you insist on defendiong them. I will never understand you guys. These clowns come right out and say that they want to take our jobs away and you continue fighting for them.

When did they say that? I don't remember any president giving the union controlling stock in a company. Woops, sorry to waste this space. This is another question he won't answer.

republican congress rushed the tax cuts for the rich down our throats and instantly ran up the debt by $3 trillion. GOP rushed the prescription drug plan and did not pay for it leaving Obama a $800 billion unfunded bill.. Left Obama a $trillion UNFUNDED unjust War in Iraq.. left Obama a over $400 billion unfunded debt for injuries.. the GOP congress pushed the Patriot Act on us, the most intruisive bill in US history which by the way no one had time to read it before the vote... that was all done in the 1st 2 years when GOP had the Senate...2002 the Dems took it back...

answer the question..R we overpaid and are the retirees over paid as the GOP says we are!!! YES or NO..

While we are playing the blame game, who left Bush with the mess called Bin Laden. IF he would have taken him when he had the chance MAYBE, and I did say MAYBE, we wouldn't have had to go to war with people who killed 3500? americans. By the way, sometime the rich have to have tax cuts. That is how they somtimes get the means to hire people. And look waht happened after the "Great Pelousi" took over "the most transparent congress" ever.

Hmm, the waY I see it is the GOP tells you up front. the Dems don't tell you until they screw you with entitlement program spending costs via taxes that we as middle class get to pay forby paying more taxes.

remember those Bush tax cuts that will exspire next year. Not only do you lose about 4 grand for that you also get to pay more in fuel taxes, proposed taxes on soft drinks oh, I almost forgot the tax increases on tobacco. Yeah them Dems are really for us working class people.

Good grief think they are all politicians. The only way to tell they are lying is to wait for their lips to start moving.

As UAW autoworkers, we must often choose between the lesser of two evils. When it comes to who that is for us, the democrats are usually the only choice. Republicans love to blast entitlement programs but I don't see too many of them not taking part in them (John McCain-Millionaire receiving social security, retirees on medicare, laidoff workers drawing unemployment, etc,etc) Since you have a crystal ball knowing what new taxes are coming, I peeked into it myself. The Bush tax cuts, most of which went to the top 5% wealthiest americans, will be replaced with a tax cut for the other 95%. I don't know of any UAW workers who make more than $250,000, so you should be OK. As far as gas taxes go, it may be the only way to get U.S. auto buyers to demand that domestic automakers build fuel effecient vehicles. Bill Ford of all people has been pushing for this for years. The big 3 have been reluctant to invest billions in developing new effecient vehicles fearing that if energy prices fall people will want gas guzzlers again. A gas tax like the ones in Europe would eliminate that problem. When did the federal government impose taxes on tobacco and when are they going to tax soft drinks?

Both parties have jacked up the economy and there is enough blame to be passed around on most issues. The size of the gov't has spiraled out of control, and both sides are to blame.

John McCain is now irrelevant. Don't worry about what he says.

Do not blame management for all of your problems. Management is too big, like the government. You can't say that you have no responsibility and then justify your wage. If it is a design or engineering flaw, quality and consistancy don't matter and some guy in India can assemble parts for three bucks a day. If we have great products that demand a trained, skilled workforce, you earn every penny and may deserve more. You can't have it both ways.

You say that the goverment has spiralled out of control. Would you care to expand on that or suggest what we should do away with? I wish John McCain was irrelevant. McCain is out to wreck card check legislation. That is the reason that he is continues to blame the UAW for all of the big 3's problems. Nowhere did I blame management for "all of my problems". As a UAW-Ford employee my job "responsibilty" is to come to work everyday and do my assigned work. I'm proud to say that in 20 plus years, I have never seen the inside of labor relations, just like many of my union brothers. What my UAW brothers and I can't do is tell Ford what kind of vehicles to build and how to put them together. If Ford wants to build vehicles that get 5mpg when gas is $5.00/gallon, there is not a thing that UAW President Ron Gettlefinger or I can do about it.

Hmm, the waY I see it is the GOP tells you up front. the Dems don't tell you until they screw you with entitlement program spending costs via taxes that we as middle class get to pay forby paying more taxes.

remember those Bush tax cuts that will exspire next year. Not only do you lose about 4 grand for that you also get to pay more in fuel taxes, proposed taxes on soft drinks oh, I almost forgot the tax increases on tobacco. Yeah them Dems are really for us working class people.

Good grief think they are all politicians. The only way to tell they are lying is to wait for their lips to start moving.

get some facts the top 2% got 80% of his tax cuts... Bush did the same thing Coolidge and Hoover did they gave to much $$ to the top 2% and both times the economy went into a depression ...2 for 2 =100%

As UAW autoworkers, we must often choose between the lesser of two evils. When it comes to who that is for us, the democrats are usually the only choice. Republicans love to blast entitlement programs but I don't see too many of them not taking part in them (John McCain-Millionaire receiving social security, retirees on medicare, laidoff workers drawing unemployment, etc,etc) Since you have a crystal ball knowing what new taxes are coming, I peeked into it myself. The Bush tax cuts, most of which went to the top 5% wealthiest americans, will be replaced with a tax cut for the other 95%. I don't know of any UAW workers who make more than $250,000, so you should be OK. As far as gas taxes go, it may be the only way to get U.S. auto buyers to demand that domestic automakers build fuel effecient vehicles. Bill Ford of all people has been pushing for this for years. The big 3 have been reluctant to invest billions in developing new effecient vehicles fearing that if energy prices fall people will want gas guzzlers again. A gas tax like the ones in Europe would eliminate that problem. When did the federal government impose taxes on tobacco and when are they going to tax soft drinks?

good post.. last time I checkes Clinton raised taxes on the rich and the dow jones tripled and the economy soared its highest ever in a 8 year span... just the FACTS 22 million new jobs under Bill;s watch

You say that the goverment has spiralled out of control. Would you care to expand on that or suggest what we should do away with? I wish John McCain was irrelevant. McCain is out to wreck card check legislation. That is the reason that he is continues to blame the UAW for all of the big 3's problems. Nowhere did I blame management for "all of my problems". As a UAW-Ford employee my job "responsibilty" is to come to work everyday and do my assigned work. I'm proud to say that in 20 plus years, I have never seen the inside of labor relations, just like many of my union brothers. What my UAW brothers and I can't do is tell Ford what kind of vehicles to build and how to put them together. If Ford wants to build vehicles that get 5mpg when gas is $5.00/gallon, there is not a thing that UAW President Ron Gettlefinger or I can do about it.

From USA.gov, here is a list of departents that start ith the letter "A"

A

Administration for Children and Families (ACF)

Administration for Native Americans

Administration on Aging (AoA)

Administration on Developmental Disabilities

Administrative Committee of the Federal Register

Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts

Advisory Council on Historic Preservation

African Development Foundation

Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)

Agency for International Development

Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

Agricultural Marketing Service

Agricultural Research Service

Agriculture Department (USDA)

Air Force

Alabama Home Page

Alabama State, County, and City Websites

Alaska Home Page

Alaska State, County, and City Websites

Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (Treasury)

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau (Justice)

American Battle Monuments Commission

American Samoa Home Page

AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

Appalachian Regional Commission

Architect of the Capitol

Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board)

Archives (National Archives and Records Administration)

Arctic Research Commission

Arizona Home Page

Arizona State, County, and City Websites

Arkansas Home Page

Arkansas State, County, and City Websites

Armed Forces Retirement Home

Arms Control and International Security

Army

Army Corps of Engineers

Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee

Atlantic Fleet Forces Command

I've found a couple things I can do with out. Should we try another letter?

Ford can't build 5mpg vehicles in any quantity becauses the EPA and federal governent won't allow it.

While we are playing the blame game, who left Bush with the mess called Bin Laden. IF he would have taken him when he had the chance MAYBE, and I did say MAYBE, we wouldn't have had to go to war with people who killed 3500? americans. By the way, sometime the rich have to have tax cuts. That is how they somtimes get the means to hire people. And look waht happened after the "Great Pelousi" took over "the most transparent congress" ever.

fact is Clinton left Bush all the details on Bin Laden and Bush shoved them all aside and let his attorney general send most of the AG's top people to New Orleans to break up a prostitution ring.. perhaps u have forgotten that! I havent!!! thats y christians cannot be allowed to run any part of govt. they always try to force there so called morals on us.. and Bush went on a 39 DAY vacation and came back a week before sept 11th.. perhaps u forgot that also.. just think what the GOP idiots on TV would say if Obama was to sit there for 10 minutes after hearing about the world trade centers,, u know what they would say and Bush did just that he did nothing!!!!

Hey marginal, Did you dodge my question or do you want to do away with all of the "A's"? Who said anything about quantities? My "5mpg vehicles" scenario was an exageration. However, If Ford wanted to convert a plant to build vehicles that got 5mpg no matter how illogical, they could. There is a thing called the gas guzzler tax which would apply to said vehicle and is imposed by the EPA. Do some research before you pop off.

Hey marginal, Did you dodge my question or do you want to do away with all of the "A's"? Who said anything about quantities? My "5mpg vehicles" scenario was an exageration. However, If Ford wanted to convert a plant to build vehicles that got 5mpg no matter how illogical, they could. There is a thing called the gas guzzler tax which would apply to said vehicle and is imposed by the EPA. Do some research before you pop off.

Did you see nothing in the A group that you though was excessive? In that group we can keep the Air Force and the Army, possibly the archives. If you want me to go to some other letters, we may need a new thread.

I understand that your 5mpg example was exagerated, the problem is the government is too involved in all of our lives. Why does the EPA have the right to invoke CAFE standards and gas guzzler taxes? If Americans don't want a 5mpg car, they won't buy one. Why does the government need to direct our purcahsing decisions and manufacturing choices? Why can I buy tobacco but not ephedra? Why isn't there a gas guzzler tax on 5,000 sq ft McMansions, who use much more energy than a 1500 sq ft home? In fact, the gov't lets the guy with the 400K loan write off much more taxes due to interest than someone in a 200K mortgage. Why can my wife choose to have an abortion but not choose to go wihout health insurance? Why should I pay for a sculpture in a park 3000 miles from my home?

I want a government to protect my life, not choose my life. I don't want the government involved in the car business and I don't want them to set pay rates for anyone.

fact is Clinton left Bush all the details on Bin Laden and Bush shoved them all aside and let his attorney general send most of the AG's top people to New Orleans to break up a prostitution ring.. perhaps u have forgotten that! I havent!!! thats y christians cannot be allowed to run any part of govt. they always try to force there so called morals on us.. and Bush went on a 39 DAY vacation and came back a week before sept 11th.. perhaps u forgot that also.. just think what the GOP idiots on TV would say if Obama was to sit there for 10 minutes after hearing about the world trade centers,, u know what they would say and Bush did just that he did nothing!!!!

You mean when the Sudanese Gov. offered up bin Laden and Clinton said no thanks he is too much of a hot potato? MSNBC had a good article on the issue also. In it Clinton said "We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.” Also, Clinton, Clinton, etc., etc., etc.

You mean when the Sudanese Gov. offered up bin Laden and Clinton said no thanks he is too much of a hot potato? MSNBC had a good article on the issue also. In it Clinton said "We will use all the means at our disposal to bring those responsible to justice, no matter what or how long it takes.” Also, Clinton, Clinton, etc., etc., etc.

The USA cannot go around arresting people when they have not committed a crime against the USA. Clinton made the right move, unlike Bush who held innocent people for years without charges.. Thats y the rest of the world is targeting us..

also it was Bush who pulled agents off counter terrorism and put them in New Orleans, thats a fact.

It is the GOP that politicised the WAR and told lies to help him get reelected.. Go read what Pat Tillmans family has to say about how they were lied to by Bush's white house..

Edited by fordworker

we all read what the head of the republican party said yesterday so is he right??? u guys voting republican r in for a rude awakening if they win in 2012 as they will destroy all unions starting with UAW...

u guys wont answer the question and Y is that?? are we overpaid and r the retirees over paid.. yes or no the GOP says YES.. we deserve no more then $14 an hour...

The USA cannot go around arresting people when they have not committed a crime against the USA. Clinton made the right move, unlike Bush who held innocent people for years without charges.. Thats y the rest of the world is targeting us..

also it was Bush who pulled agents off counter terrorism and put them in New Orleans, thats a fact.

It is the GOP that politicised the WAR and told lies to help him get reelected.. Go read what Pat Tillmans family has to say about how they were lied to by Bush's white house..

Are these the same ones that Obama is still holding without any charges or different people? If they are different then why is Obama holding people without charges???

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see nothing in the A group that you though was excessive? In that group we can keep the Air Force and the Army, possibly the archives. If you want me to go to some other letters, we may need a new thread.

I understand that your 5mpg example was exagerated, the problem is the government is too involved in all of our lives. Why does the EPA have the right to invoke CAFE standards and gas guzzler taxes? If Americans don't want a 5mpg car, they won't buy one. Why does the government need to direct our purcahsing decisions and manufacturing choices? Why can I buy tobacco but not ephedra? Why isn't there a gas guzzler tax on 5,000 sq ft McMansions, who use much more energy than a 1500 sq ft home? In fact, the gov't lets the guy with the 400K loan write off much more taxes due to interest than someone in a 200K mortgage. Why can my wife choose to have an abortion but not choose to go wihout health insurance? Why should I pay for a sculpture in a park 3000 miles from my home?

I want a government to protect my life, not choose my life. I don't want the government involved in the car business and I don't want them to set pay rates for anyone.

Let's get rid of all deductions and eliminate all goverment jobs. Boy that would really stimulate the economy. Problems solved: you are a genius. There are government programs that you could live without but others couldn't and vice-versa. Maybe an atheist who lives in an apartment doesn't think that you should be able to write off your mortage interest or charitable donations to your church.