2011 V8 Information

carforford

Anyone know when we will find out on the new V8's 5.0 etc...?

Thank You.

Patience.. :shades:

They just released the V6 info yesterday.. The V8 GT info, as it has been stated. Will be released at the LA auto show coming up in a few days..

But you knew that already! It's being posted and talked about on just about every Mustang board on the net..

Yours on The Blue Oval

Dreamer1

Even without the Camaro competition, it's almost getting ridiculous that a base model Mustang V6 will have 305 HP and the GT a reported/speculated 400 HP plus. I'm driving a 2010 Mustang GT Coupe and expect that my next "Demo" vehicle will be a 2011 Mustang V6 because of the performance and price situation. Mustang prices are getting ridiculous!

Mustang prices are getting ridiculous!

From what I understand there won't be much of a price increase on the 2011 Models, since they increased back with the 2010s.

I agree about the prices, but also, if you don't go nuts with the options, its not that bad. The base 2010 GT has all the options standard on my 2006 GT for the most part and are with in 1-2K of one another. The 2010 has a far better interior on it, which makes up for the price difference

Plus in all seriousness, do you need a 4K Glass roof or 2K nav system with a $1200 add-on styling package? Thats over 7K worth of options!

I did see a 2010 GT auto convertible for $46K and nearly fainted...but it had all the options on it, so that didn't help

Anyone know when we will find out on the new V8's 5.0 etc...?

Thank You.

You'll see the GT's specs at the Detroit show next month.

And about the pricing? Its really not that much. Keep in mind a Bullitt Mustang started at $32K. With the new interior, better materials, bigger wheels, the price really didn't go up from 2009 to 2010!

WTF.

Ford has been saying that they were going to release the 5.0's ratings at the LA Auto show for the last month and a half now. Everybody's been talking about it on every forum, and citing Ford releases stating such.

Now the LA show is done, and.... Nuthin'.

It looks like the ratings are becoming as overdue as the new engines themselves.

From what I understand there won't be much of a price increase on the 2011 Models, since they increased back with the 2010s.

I agree about the prices, but also, if you don't go nuts with the options, its not that bad. The base 2010 GT has all the options standard on my 2006 GT for the most part and are with in 1-2K of one another. The 2010 has a far better interior on it, which makes up for the price difference

Plus in all seriousness, do you need a 4K Glass roof or 2K nav system with a $1200 add-on styling package? Thats over 7K worth of options!

I did see a 2010 GT auto convertible for $46K and nearly fainted...but it had all the options on it, so that didn't help

When I mentioned that I thought Mustang prices were getting ridiculous I wasn't actually comparing 2010 MY vs 2009 MY prices but the overall, substantial prices since the 2005 MY Mustang was introduced. Since then a Mustang GT has increased a good $4,000 or so. 2010 MY Mustang sales are off 30-35% this year and a lot more in some areas for a number of reasons. Part and only part of the problem is that potential Mustang customers don't realize or perceive that the 2010 Mustang is substantially changed from the 2005-2009 MY.

I also do not like the priced diff between a six and a eight which is now ruffly over 6k and the 05 was ca 4k.

This is good news about the v6 tho, I am excited and may contemplate one in a few years. I dont think 400 horses is really needed on the streets.

WTF.

Ford has been saying that they were going to release the 5.0's ratings at the LA Auto show for the last month and a half now. Everybody's been talking about it on every forum, and citing Ford releases stating such.

Yep I wonder why the plans changed?

At least the 5.0 engine plant is scheduled for a 2/1/10 start so I guess we'll get the specs at the Detroit show

http://www.windsorstar.com/Production+star...1341/story.html

This is quite a sticker shock for me too. With the GT convertibles coming in the high $40K+, I have to seriously ponder simply keeping my current GT convertible until it dies, instead of getting a 2011. My GT convertible premium, fully optioned out, was only like $32K.

Sorry folks, but with a GT sticker now up in the high $40K+, several other cars start to grab my attention.

Will a fully optioned out 2011 GT convertible break the $50K barrier?

Edited by Walt