New Super Duty Delayed till January

Um, excuse me. What does the UAW have to do with the design of the truck? I'll answer it for ya. Nothing!

Ford has more CU recommended models than any other company except Toyota, and JD Power consistently ranks several of GM's bad old rust-belt UAW/CAW "paralyzed" assembly plants as the highest quality plants in the hemisphere. In fact, the highest quality plant in the U.S. according to the most recent JD Power survey is a UAW plant in Hamtramck Michigan.

Oh, and on the 2005 Vehicle Dependability Survey JD Power handed out 8 segment awards to GM and 5 to Ford. Toyota got 4.

Yeah. The UAW sure does make it impossible for Detroit to build quality cars.

Edited by RichardJensen

Ford has always been the leader in early model introductions. Does anyone else remember the '76 Capri II introduced at the end of 1974. I believe that is the reason that car makers can only go back to January of the previous year now.

I would prefer that they get it right before selling it rather than relive some of the flawed introductions of the past that resulted in recalls, hold from sale orders and a bad rep for new models. With the press waiting to jump on the bad news band wagon, it is much better to delay.

I have been attending meetings as far back as a year and a half ago with the super duty brand manager as well as the Ford commercial sales manager. The next generation super duty with the 6.4L was ALWAYS planned for January production as a 2008 model to coincide with the Tier II emissions that go into effect on 1/1/07. We already have 2007's in stock.

The 6.4L has been in test mules for over a year racking up miles.