4 10s @ STAP

Stap guy

Word on the floor is the company wants 4 10 hour shifts. The sad part is our local union is entertaining this. What the hell is wrong with them. We take concessions and we are closing, but that's not enough. It is time for our union to stand up and tell the company to back off!! First a shitty closing agreement and now this!!!!

Edited by Stap guy

Word on the floor is the company wants 4 10 hour shifts. The sad part is our local union is entertaining this. What the hell is wrong with them. We take concessions and we are closing, but that's not enough. It is time for our union to stand up and tell the company to back off!! First a shitty closing agreement and now this!!!!

I take that to mean 4 10's and Friday off? If so, I wouldn't mind that.

I take that to mean 4 10's and Friday off? If so, I wouldn't mind that.

Yeah you take a day off and it costs you 10 hours, what about stat days..onlt paid 8 hours and probably won't even get a day in lieu of Fridays. What if you have young kids...more childcare costs. It may sound good at first, but you have to dig a little deeper. Bet the union reps will get paid OT for Fridays!!

4 10's to save money for Ford ?....they can save all the money they want in Sept 2011.

It will be shoved down your throats whether you want it or not like it was shoved down our throats here in Ohio...I don't like it....but, hey who am I, right? wink wink. I'm only another $57.00 a month check to the union...and they work more for the company not us.....

It will be shoved down your throats whether you want it or not like it was shoved down our throats here in Ohio...I don't like it....but, hey who am I, right? wink wink. I'm only another $57.00 a month check to the union...and they work more for the company not us.....

The CAW charges $82.60. Sounds like your getting a deal, even after the conversion rate. :doh:

Who's going to stop 4 10's? SCOTT? DENNIS?( hahahaha). We have to save Ford more money to pay for the salaried employees' bonuses.

What's wrong with a 3-day weekend every week? Looks like a great idea. And as 2011 approaches, an extra day/week to go job-hunting.

Yep, and while we're at it ...we may as well go for the same break times schedule as Oakville starts in January.......only if they add another $25,0000 -$35,000 to the severance package.

Sounds like they want Fridays to do Maintenance work on straight time where we used to get the odd Saturday overtime shift. Maintenance has been working with no overtime for a long time now. If I remember my last Saturday shift was Sept of 2008. Now that they have told us they are turning their backs on us after 2011... I am finding it hard to "Feel the Love". Why would we want to work harder on straight time after they keep taking and taking and offering nothing in return (new product commitments).

Fuck Ford!!! We have saved them enough money!! Fridays off might sound ok right now but after working a couple weeks of 10s you'll be a zombie on friday and probably be bitching with the gf or wife before you know it! Unless they want to pay us overtime it's not worth it!! Your talking extra child care, your child's sports if they play any and family time that we will be giving up for nothing! We are done in a year and a half let's go out with our heads held high not our tales between our legs........ ( <------ part is for our union..... or lack there of)

p.s. Scott tell newmerry(I don't even care to find the right spelling he is such a douche bag!!) to fuck right off!

p.s.s. They want to fuck around with bogus charges, then let's play! Nobody use to bully the C.A.W. around especially newmerry...... We are closing anyway.... We have the power back now they need these cars! I'm all for giving 100% everyday but not if they keep trying to bully us!! I vote NO for 10! and a BIG FUCK YOU to that little midget ron...... Merry Christmas you douche bag

In Solidarity......

Fuck Ford!!! We have saved them enough money!! Fridays off might sound ok right now but after working a couple weeks of 10s you'll be a zombie on friday and probably be bitching with the gf or wife before you know it! Unless they want to pay us overtime it's not worth it!! Your talking extra child care, your child's sports if they play any and family time that we will be giving up for nothing! We are done in a year and a half let's go out with our heads held high not our tales between our legs........ ( <------ part is for our union..... or lack there of)

p.s. Scott tell newmerry(I don't even care to find the right spelling he is such a douche bag!!) to fuck right off!

p.s.s. They want to fuck around with bogus charges, then let's play! Nobody use to bully the C.A.W. around especially newmerry...... We are closing anyway.... We have the power back now they need these cars! I'm all for giving 100% everyday but not if they keep trying to bully us!! I vote NO for 10! and a BIG FUCK YOU to that little midget ron...... Merry Christmas you douche bag

In Solidarity......

Awesome!

YUP Get used to it, we have been doing it at KCAP over a year now.

It is entertaining listening to all the pussies who voted for the contract now acting like they grew a pair.Fuck 80% voted for that garbage contract and that was the time to tell Ford to go fuck themselves.Who cares now...if it comes to a vote...vote whatever your personal situation fits best because there is no solidarity to me at Stap no longer.If you voted yes last time don't act all uppity now because the horse has left the barn.I assume most young people voted for the contract because they were the only ones that got anything so if you are looking for my support now dream on...you left 300-400 guys out on a limb(17-26 year guy)so if I could fuck any of the yes voters now I'd give Ford whatever they want.I could care less if it costs you childcare or you are such a pansy that you'll be dead after working 4 10's...lmao...poor bastard can't handle 10 hour shifts and will be a zombie after 2 weeks...lmao,what a puss.

It is entertaining listening to all the pussies who voted for the contract now acting like they grew a pair.Fuck 80% voted for that garbage contract and that was the time to tell Ford to go fuck themselves.Who cares now...if it comes to a vote...vote whatever your personal situation fits best because there is no solidarity to me at Stap no longer.If you voted yes last time don't act all uppity now because the horse has left the barn.I assume most young people voted for the contract because they were the only ones that got anything so if you are looking for my support now dream on...you left 300-400 guys out on a limb(17-26 year guy)so if I could fuck any of the yes voters now I'd give Ford whatever they want.I could care less if it costs you childcare or you are such a pansy that you'll be dead after working 4 10's...lmao...poor bastard can't handle 10 hour shifts and will be a zombie after 2 weeks...lmao,what a puss.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I have been voting NO since 2005 hoping that the membership would stand together and reject any contract with concessions or lack of product committment to STAP but it never happened. The horse IS out of the barn, STAP is closing. 4 10's will be adopted at STAP because of the 80% with no balls. I personally did not leave the 300-400 guys you speak of out on a limb and I have little senoirity. I will still fight giving one cent of savings back to the company.

I have no problem working 4 10's other then the fact it will save Ford more money...... I was simply saying that when we worked 10 hour days back in the day it was hard on a lot of people and I'm thinking people might forget that. Really why should we save them anymore money??? Management is bullying people left and right with bogus charges now and our union could care less! Grow some fucking balls and stop bending over for these assholes! As for the 300-400 guys that got fucked that's shitty but I betting 70% of them voted yes without knowing the whole deal. Now who's fault is that you ask??? I believe it was the Union's fault for pushing the vote in an hour. But that's the past what's done is done..... I would just like to see a little more fight when it's needed and for our Union to stand up to this bullying. I voted NO last time and will again if there is another vote.

I have no problem working 4 10's other then the fact it will save Ford more money...... I was simply saying that when we worked 10 hour days back in the day it was hard on a lot of people and I'm thinking people might forget that. Really why should we save them anymore money??? Management is bullying people left and right with bogus charges now and our union could care less! Grow some fucking balls and stop bending over for these assholes! As for the 300-400 guys that got fucked that's shitty but I betting 70% of them voted yes without knowing the whole deal. Now who's fault is that you ask??? I believe it was the Union's fault for pushing the vote in an hour. But that's the past what's done is done..... I would just like to see a little more fight when it's needed and for our Union to stand up to this bullying. I voted NO last time and will again if there is another vote.

4 tens? .. you mean optional Fridays ? ... nothing new to me other then we won't get overtime for it.