OHAP/LAP Consolidation

Antro

Oh yeah smart move boo the company that tried to give you a product and pays your wage and yell support to the union that cost you the product and your plant.

And were not shoving the MOA down Lorain's throat because it would be in Avon where it was already running and was stolen from us by our defunct union. We need to do what in nessasary to keep the plant open, if you don't want it don't come here ether retire or quit.

It's people like you that make people at OHAP hate people at Lorain we hear your winning and crying about how ford and international screwed you, you screwed your self and were sick of hearing about it and unfortunately we pass that on to everyone at Lorain even though some don't deserve it they'll be a lot of hard working young people out of a job because your union and the old folks there couldn't get your heads out of your asses. our old folks need to wake up to or we'll be in the same boat soon.

Even though personally I don't think lorain people should be alowed to come to OHAP I will keep my mouth shut in the plant as long as people like you do to in hopes that maybe we can learn to live togeather in order keep the plant open, but i'll be damed if i'm going to let my plant be ruined or closed like lorain is because of your old out of date way's of thinking.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah smart move boo the company that tried to give you a product and pays your wage and yell support to the union that cost you the product and your plant.

And were not shoving the MOA down Lorain's throat because it would be in Avon where it was already running and was stolen from us by our defunct union. We need to do what in nessasary to keep the plant open, if you don't want it don't come here ether retire or quit.

It's people like you that make people at OHAP hate people at Lorain we hear your winning and crying about how ford and international screwed you, you screwed your self and were sick of hearing about it and unfortunately we pass that on to everyone at Lorain even though some don't deserve it they'll be a lot of hard working young people out of a job because your union and the old folks there couldn't get your heads out of your asses. our old folks need to wake up to or we'll be in the same boat soon.

Even though personally I don't think lorain people should be alowed to come to OHAP I will keep my mouth shut in the plant as long as people like you do to in hopes that maybe we can learn to live togeather in order keep the plant open, but i'll be damed if i'm going to let my plant be ruined or closed like lorain is because of your old out of date way's of thinking.

1- we didn't screw ourself on the t-bird, ford ran it into the ground! there was no market anymore for a rearwheel drive 2 door sportcoup, gm discountinued the regal and olds cutlass 2 years before.

2- lorain going to avon is a transfer of operations which in the national contract entitles us to go with our jobs! the same contract that gave you the option to go with the mariner. let me ask you this, had you not known lap was coming to avon, would the amount of transfers to kc be different?

3- as a group leader i am at avon this week and once before, and haven't seen the hatred of lap people you speak of. i have been welcomed by everyone i met including some union reps i met. i think the only hate is on this board by a very small few.

How it should have worked.

When OHAP was slated to move the Mariner to Kansas City so Ford Motor Company could consolidate Lorain with Avon employees at OHAP where given the chance as per contract to go to Kansas with their job. Not only were OHAP employees given the opportunity to go with their job they were also offered cash to go. Only 66 people choose to go. This is the number I heard. Anyway it was a very small number.

Plant seniority at OHAP was combined and the lowest seniority people were placed in GEN. In case you GEN people don’t know it. The GEN pool was never set up to cover mass amounts of people. Your local (Local 2000) got you folks one hell of a deal.

All of you should have been laid off until you exhausted your unemployment and then you should have been put in the GEN pool. This is how the GEN was set up.

As per contract the people on jobs at LAP should have rolled over to OHAP on their job. Somewhere a hog was cut and the two plants leveled seniority leaving the lowest LAP people on the outside looking in. Again your local (local 2000) took care of its people. This is what a union is supposed to do. Kudos’ to you.

While I do have a problem with the way things went down, I fully agree with the seniority rules. However you kids at Avon want your cake and eat it too. You are lucky to even have a job.

The UAW is based solely on seniority, always has been. Nobody at LAP is complaining about loosing his or her cush job. Do we like it no, but so be it. We have made the choice to stay and work. All we want is a fair shake based on seniority gets the best jobs that’s all. Posting of jobs at Avon this close to the consolidation is a kick in our teeth. All that did is show us at Lorain that your union is unwilling to follow the contract concerning seniority. Even if it was just driving jobs posted. Those jobs should never have been posted in the first place as our drivers at Lorain should have rolled into those jobs.

Your local will have to make things right in order to ease the tension between the two plants.

by the way. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT.

We at Avon was offered to go with the VEHICLE not our JOBS.

Most of those poeple our working the F150.And that is if they had the seniority to even work in the plant.

We where not offer any cash to go I repeat we where not offer any cash to go.

what they got was a moving allowess and that is it.

I don't know where or who told you this lie but that is what it is a lie

by the way. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT.

We at Avon were offered to go with the VEHICLE not our JOBS.

Most of those poeple are working the F150.And that is if they had the seniority to even work in the plant.

We were not offered any cash to go I repeat we were not offered any cash to go.

what they got was a moving allowance and that is it.

I don't know where or who told you this lie but that is what it is a lie

I cant figure out why anyone would bother trying to set this guy straight??? No matter what you tell him he will carry on like everyone is out to get him and the other members of the 425. I talked to several people that would know about the things he is presently ranting about. Either his numbers are wrong or his facts are wrong. Nothing he says makes sense. Senority does not equal intelligence !! If you have 30 years and you are bull headed and slow, that just means you have 30 years and your slow. That does not mean whatever you say is correct.

1- we didn't screw ourself on the t-bird, ford ran it into the ground! there was no market anymore for a rearwheel drive 2 door sportcoup, gm discountinued the regal and olds cutlass 2 years before.

*Correction*

Ford may have "ran the MN12 into the ground", but don't fall for the bullshit that it didn't have competition. Main competition was the Dodge "cloud cars" (Cirrus, Stratus), Chevrolet Monte Carlo, and Lumina. The four aforementioned cars were within the same "size segment" of the market. In 1997, in excess of 100,000 units were sold, and from 1989 till the 1997 death, the MN-12 platform outsold the competition consistantly by a two to one margin.

Just one example of why the demise of the Cougar/Thunderbird RWD platform was senseless.

earlier it was mentioned that a certain number were to go to Avon--well,tonight the rest of our TRAINEES decided that since marvin wasnt in the house-they had no union representation so they left an hour after the shift started--do i sound bitter--damn straight my guy cant work 2 days in a week and smells like a damn brewery and refuses to do the job--im from Avon also and thought i MIGHT GET A LITTLE BREAK FROM A UNION BROTHER SINCE I WAS FORCED HERE IN aUGUST But hell no--not only is he late but he fucks up my gun and leaves --THANK YOU BROTHER!!!!!

earlier it was mentioned that a certain number were to go to Avon--well,tonight the rest of our TRAINEES decided that since marvin wasnt in the house-they had no union representation so they left an hour after the shift started--do i sound bitter--damn straight my guy cant work 2 days in a week and smells like a damn brewery and refuses to do the job--im from Avon also and thought i MIGHT GET A LITTLE BREAK FROM A UNION BROTHER SINCE I WAS FORCED HERE IN aUGUST But hell no--not only is he late but he fucks up my gun and leaves --THANK YOU BROTHER!!!!!

Wow. settle down. Breath in, breath out!!!!!!! Breath in, Breath out !!!!!!, Breath in ,Breath out !!!!! Now do you feel better. I took your advise and joined a yoga class. I have a long drive to Avon and don't want to have stroke at 50 years old. They even sell yoga breathing tapes for the 8 track to ease the drive. Thanks for your concern.

Wow. settle down. Breath in, breath out!!!!!!! Breath in, Breath out !!!!!!, Breath in ,Breath out !!!!! Now do you feel better. I took your advise and joined a yoga class. I have a long drive to Avon and don't want to have stroke at 50 years old. They even sell yoga breathing tapes for the 8 track to ease the drive. Thanks for your concern.

:lol:

Oops, I forgot to add this for all you out-of-towners.... The 'media' blitz was alllll the local newspapers. You can read the company's standard generic statements and the warm fuzzies from workers at www.morningjournal.com, www.cleveland.com and www.chroniclet.com. Oh yeah- the moron with the idiotic grin and red shirt in the chronicle?! That's JR Rivera... the 'hands on' foreman I told ya'll all about... Hmm. How does he still have a job?! :mellow:

Oh yeah- the moron with the idiotic grin and red shirt in the chronicle?! That's JR Rivera... the 'hands on' foreman I told ya'll all about... Hmm. How does he still have a job?! :mellow:

I found the picture odd. Everyone is doing their jobs, but this clown is the only one standing around smiling. :rolleyes: How typical, LOL.

As far as the "town hall meeting".......

I got a call about 5 minutes ago. My stepdad said that they were told the 14th will be the last day at Lorain, and the 15th will be start up at Avon. No news on buyouts or packages, basically just another empty meeting as usual.

*Correction*

Ford may have "ran the MN12 into the ground", but don't fall for the bullshit that it didn't have competition. Main competition was the Dodge "cloud cars" (Cirrus, Stratus), Chevrolet Monte Carlo, and Lumina. The four aforementioned cars were within the same "size segment" of the market. In 1997, in excess of 100,000 units were sold, and from 1989 till the 1997 death, the MN-12 platform outsold the competition consistantly by a two to one margin.

Just one example of why the demise of the Cougar/Thunderbird RWD platform was senseless.

do you read what you type? the key word here is rear wheel drive! nobody was buying them! we went from 72 jph to 36 jph with down weeks. ford made little changes in the car from 89 to 97. they flooded the market with them. just like the taurus. resale price was shit after you bought them. that's one of fords biggest problems, they run it til they can't run it any more without any more investment. the econoline is a 15 year old design with out any more inprovements. the next change will be the front end, hood and fenders with no change from there on back

That was my wife posting under my screen name Goes to show you there are assholes in both plants

That was my wife posting under my screen name Goes to show you there are assholes in both plants

I attended the Town Hall Meeting today and was wondering if Monas' speech was the same she gave at Edison? (with the names changed to protect the innocents.)

I attended the Town Hall Meeting today and was wondering if Monas' speech was the same she gave at Edison? (with the names changed to protect the innocents.)

first of all we are all union brothers and sisters so y dont everyone chill out and try to get through all of this.

I got a phone call a lil while ago and was told early retirement for both plants 28 and out and for those with 30 also it was from a great source is anyone else hearing this? spring or anyone? i will be attending the town hall meeting on nightshift to see if it is mentioned since that info wasnt available when we had our townhall meeting on day shift at lap.

it is confirmed as of tonight. An unlimited number of buyouts will be offered as you stated, 28 and out with 2 years in GEN and 30 years with I think $35,000. Also I believe there is a package for 55 years of age and 10 years seniority.

The basic notes I took about the Town Hall Meeting today:

We're currently over capacity by 20 million units industry wide.

Many factors contributing to situation. Costs have increased because of rising gas prices, steel prices and incentives.

The company will announce their restructuring plans in January 2006.

Our sales volume has lowered.

Intense competitive pressures and very tough business conditions.

Incentives can be compared to coupons.

3rd quarter results with $203 Billion (per Mona but the chart looked like it said million) loss company wide. Chart further revealed $1,138 million profit in the Financial Services sector. She didn't say anything about that though.

North America, South America and Visteon all contributors to losses.

1% pt decline in market share results in the need to close one plant.

Econoline status:

Full size van segment. For past 26 years has been #1 in segment. Very few competitors. Best selling, best quality, overall best in class per JD Powers.

180K units sold commercially. 90K cutaways. 70K personal use units sold.

Little advertising to general public but advertised in many trade publications - advertising pointed towards segment users.

YTD 148,638 units sold as of 10-31-05. 20% increase in wagon sales, 3% in cutaways, 3% in some other sector and 19% decline in conversion vans. Overall sales increased 6%.

12/14/05 LAP balance out

12/15-12/16/05 Orientation at OHAP

12/13/05 Skilled Trades placement notification with transfers to take place after 1/3/06.

12/19/05 OHAP assignments

1/3/06 OHAP Job 1

Need 1994 seniority or greater to hold plant.

Had classification/wage adjustment audit. People will transfer with new classifications.

Hourly packages requested but not approved as of yet.

GEN will be housed in LAP paint building.

GEN - 680 people. 510 production employees, 170 Skilled Trades employees.

Waste - every $75K translates in 1 person's job - hourly or salary.

Many people have requested an update as to the appeal in front of the Public Review Board. As many of you are aware, the PRB met on November 17th to hear the appeal. The PRB reviewed the case and sent a questionnaire to the International Union. They have instructed the International to answer these questions in the form of a brief and to respond by January 10th. Many people have surmised as to the intent of the appellants. Their intent all along has been to protect and preserve the rights of the rank and file membership. Many are concerned as to the affect this will have on people at OHAP and LAP. This has never been a case of us vs. them. Both groups of people can come out of this winners. The overriding principle behind all of this has always been to uphold the rights of the people guaranteed under the Constitution of the UAW.

do you read what you type? the key word here is rear wheel drive! nobody was buying them! we went from 72 jph to 36 jph with down weeks. ford made little changes in the car from 89 to 97. they flooded the market with them. just like the taurus. resale price was shit after you bought them.

*edited*

It's not even worth arguing

Edited by Carbed95GT

The basic notes I took about the Town Hall Meeting today:

We're currently over capacity by 20 million units industry wide.

Many factors contributing to situation. Costs have increased because of rising gas prices, steel prices and incentives.

The company will announce their restructuring plans in January 2006.

Our sales volume has lowered.

Intense competitive pressures and very tough business conditions.

Incentives can be compared to coupons.

3rd quarter results with $203 Billion (per Mona but the chart looked like it said million) loss company wide. Chart further revealed $1,138 million profit in the Financial Services sector. She didn't say anything about that though.

North America, South America and Visteon all contributors to losses.

1% pt decline in market share results in the need to close one plant.

Econoline status:

Full size van segment. For past 26 years has been #1 in segment. Very few competitors. Best selling, best quality, overall best in class per JD Powers.

180K units sold commercially. 90K cutaways. 70K personal use units sold.

Little advertising to general public but advertised in many trade publications - advertising pointed towards segment users.

YTD 148,638 units sold as of 10-31-05. 20% increase in wagon sales, 3% in cutaways, 3% in some other sector and 19% decline in conversion vans. Overall sales increased 6%.

12/14/05 LAP balance out

12/15-12/16/05 Orientation at OHAP

12/13/05 Skilled Trades placement notification with transfers to take place after 1/3/06.

12/19/05 OHAP assignments

1/3/06 OHAP Job 1

Need 1994 seniority or greater to hold plant.

Had classification/wage adjustment audit. People will transfer with new classifications.

Hourly packages requested but not approved as of yet.

GEN will be housed in LAP paint building.

GEN - 680 people. 510 production employees, 170 Skilled Trades employees.

Waste - every $75K translates in 1 person's job - hourly or salary.

The night shift meeting was about the same, except we were told that packages have been approved by the national ford department, but she had no details- they will be ironed out over the next few days. Also, she told us that the econoline would balance out about 10am on wednesday. They wanted the night shifters to show up at 11am (after leaving work at 3am... :lol: ) to receive a tote bag, a camera, and a lap memory book. I guess there's some par-tay going on... Oh yeah. She also said to take alll large items home by friday (microwaves, coffeemakers, refrigerators, etc) and make sure that your locker is cleaned out of all personal effects. Then on the 15th and 16th they STILL want night shifters to report at 11:30 am to OHAP for orientation and job assignments and all that jazz. And as for the classifications issue, she said she wouldn't touch on that because 'it's changing as we speak' whatever that means. I think that's about all the differences in meetings... ;)

They wanted the night shifters to show up at 11am (after leaving work at 3am... :lol: ) to receive a tote bag, a camera, and a lap memory book. I guess there's some par-tay going on... Oh yeah. She also said to take alll large items home by friday (microwaves, coffeemakers, refrigerators, etc) and make sure that your locker is cleaned out of all personal effects. Then on the 15th and 16th they STILL want night shifters to report at 11:30 am to OHAP for orientation and job assignments and all that jazz.

I believe it was 11:30am on the 14th. I know there was a lot rumblings about that, but hey, you still get your shift prem. and with the holidays coming, bonus family time for those of us who don't see our families because of work schedules and or school schedules. I'm all for it.

I believe it was 11:30am on the 14th. I know there was a lot rumblings about that, but hey, you still get your shift prem. and with the holidays coming, bonus family time for those of us who don't see our families because of work schedules and or school schedules. I'm all for it.

and for some of us who depend on our late schedule to pick up said kids from school...a little advance notice so that we can make other arrangements would be damn considerate- especially coming from someone who claims that respect and communication betwixt ourselves is the goal. Supposedly they've been 'working on this for weeks' funny when they never said a word to us nor solicited our opinions.

and for some of us who depend on our late schedule to pick up said kids from school...a little advance notice so that we can make other arrangements would be damn considerate- especially coming from someone who claims that respect and communication betwixt ourselves is the goal. Supposedly they've been 'working on this for weeks' funny when they never said a word to us nor solicited our opinions.

Not to be snotty here, but she gave us a weeks notice, playing the time change game is part of working at Ford. This week 5pm start 10 hours, next week out of the clear could be 3:30 start, 8 hours. Of all the places I have worked, this is the only place that my start could change in a heart beat and I never know how long I am working until 20 mins. or so after I eat my lunch. You should know by now, our opinions don't count when it comes to setting our start and quit times.

On a brighter note supervisors seem to think the second day of orientation may only be a partial day but pay for eight.

Avon

We are hearing at Lorain that your local has got the bi level and or multi level loading jobs back from the company from being outsourced as in the past. Does anyone over at OHAP know fof sure. If so this is great news for all UAW members. As oustsourcing is our # 1 enemy.

Avon

We are hearing at Lorain that your local has got the bi level and or multi level loading jobs back from the company from being outsourced as in the past. Does anyone over at OHAP know fof sure. If so this is great news for all UAW members. As oustsourcing is our # 1 enemy.

If it is true most of us at LAP know OHAP had to take care of it. Jack is to busy trying to save his ass and that of pete and repete (Jim and Brad).

Avon

At least Nick knows how to " GET ER DONE". Can't wait to get over to OHAP and belong to a real Local.