OHAP/LAP Consolidation

Antro

Al Neilson being a shithouse lawyer again! Wasn't he that guy that got the EPA to shut the paint department at Lorain down and they tore it out then? He gonna try that here? How come he's gotta write Jacks letter for him? Jack to stupid to? Oh yea Jacks in Vegas! How'd they go there? On the nickle? Thats usually how they do it. I want to see what there gonna do when they get here! They'll try to cut some kind of deal so they aint on the line thats for sure. They probly got them some classifications they aint got no right to. I'm hoping that someone steps up and don't let them get away with it!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its you Avon people on this tread causing all the tention. Anytime someone from Lorain posts something you bash him or her.

Why don't you guys tell us the truth and tell us how many of your local 2000 reps are in Vegas. The fact is some of your boys went too.

None of you have any enough years of service to talk smack. Yet you continue on. You kids have allot to learn. Al Neilson was pointing out questions that needed to be answered from Nick and you guys bash him. Al even sided with you clowns on the MOA issue, but wait he is Jacks puppet master.

Get a life you punks.

Avon you think you out number us and can out smart us. Wake up you punk kids. Local 425 contains some of the best back stabbers in the busniess and where coming punks. Less then 3 weeks to go.

Get your deals and hogs cut now because the end is near.

The Cancer is coming.

P.S. We all have S.T.D.s and we will leave it on your tolet seats. :lol:

Kill two birds with one stone. Especially since we have a similar or like MOA, Unit 2 had at Ohio Assembly. This would give the Company the MOA they say they need for a new product.- Allen Nielson

This guy has no clue what MOA really is..I have been at Lorain and I havent seen one shread of any MOA. when they do have meetings, they just sit around the picnic table and read...

And reply to 40andout...You don`t need 30 years of service to learn how to talk smack. You can learn it the first month you are there. If it took you 30 some years to learn it, then maybe it time for you to retire.

Edited by Tomahawk959

Its you Avon people on this tread causing all the tention. Anytime someone from Lorain posts something you bash him or her.

Why don't you guys tell us the truth and tell us how many of your local 2000 reps are in Vegas. The fact is some of your boys went too.

None of you have any enough years of service to talk smack. Yet you continue on. You kids have allot to learn. Al Neilson was pointing out questions that needed to be answered from Nick and you guys bash him. Al even sided with you clowns on the MOA issue, but wait he is Jacks puppet master.

Get a life you punks.

Avon you think you out number us and can out smart us. Wake up you punk kids. Local 425 contains some of the best back stabbers in the busniess and where coming punks. Less then 3 weeks to go.

The Cancer is coming.

Dear God help me...I'm stuck in the Twilight Zone. They brought me back to Jr. High 1968

Get a life you punks.

The Cancer is coming.

You must be one of the dumbest, most illiterate morons that they have over there. Having so much time over 30 years doesn't make you a martyr sir, it makes you a financial bafoon! Do you really think that there is some level of respect due you because you were too dumb to invest wisely and retire on time? How about this; Quit drinking, stay married, and get the hell out. Very simple. I am absolutely amazed that any of you retarded, uneducated, hilljacks think that anybody is in fear of the "mighty power" you claim to be bringing from Lorain. We could care less. And by the way, have you ever considered taking some type of remedial english course so that you can learn the proper use of the english language and it's applications? It really looks bad when some idiot tries to cut on other people in a public forum but can't properly spell what he's trying to say. Way to go, schlep!

Edited by slapshot2

Would somebody please tell this Nielson idiot to quit making a fool of himself in writing? Does he really think that any of us care about all of his little examples about this that and the other from 1950 something? You Lorain people are all just a bunch of sour grapes. Like it or not, this is OUR plant, and you will get what we give you. Nobody here could give a damn about any of you or your 50 some years of seniority. Big deal. You morons with your 8th grade educations refused to be a part of the companies growth, and they smacked you all right in the teeth by closing your plant. You got what you deserved. And for those of you that will claim innocence on this, you are wrong. You people are the ones that keep putting these uneducated, headstrong, self serving dummies into office to negotiate the futures of your self and your family. It's a shame they're even letting you people come over here. You deserve to be kicked to the curb. And before you all start your senseless rants about how you deserve this that and the other because all of your precious seniority, just remember. The only ones that are entitled to anything from this company are the shareholders. So Mr. Nielson, Jack Hall, and all of the rest of you hillbillies, I cordially invite you all to kiss my entire ass! As for the rest of you, keep on whining. I've got my cushy job and so will alot of other people before you people get here. Better buy some new boots, labor poolers!!!!!

Would somebody please tell this Nielson idiot to quit making a fool of himself in writing? Does he really think that any of us care about all of his little examples about this that and the other from 1950 something? You Lorain people are all just a bunch of sour grapes. Like it or not, this is OUR plant, and you will get what we give you. Nobody here could give a damn about any of you or your 50 some years of seniority. Big deal. You morons with your 8th grade educations refused to be a part of the companies growth, and they smacked you all right in the teeth by closing your plant. You got what you deserved. And for those of you that will claim innocence on this, you are wrong. You people are the ones that keep putting these uneducated, headstrong, self serving dummies into office to negotiate the futures of your self and your family. It's a shame they're even letting you people come over here. You deserve to be kicked to the curb. And before you all start your senseless rants about how you deserve this that and the other because all of your precious seniority, just remember. The only ones that are entitled to anything from this company are the shareholders. So Mr. Nielson, Jack Hall, and all of the rest of you hillbillies, I cordially invite you all to kiss my entire ass! As for the rest of you, keep on whining. I've got my cushy job and so will alot of other people before you people get here. Better buy some new boots, labor poolers!!!!!

You must be one of the dumbest, most illiterate morons that they have over there. Having so much time over 30 years doesn't make you a martyr sir, it makes you a financial bafoon! Do you really think that there is some level of respect due you because you were too dumb to invest wisely and retire on time? How about this; Quit drinking, stay married, and get the hell out. Very simple. I am absolutely amazed that any of you retarded, uneducated, hilljacks think that anybody is in fear of the "mighty power" you claim to be bringing from Lorain. We could care less. And by the way, have you ever considered taking some type of remedial english course so that you can learn the proper use of the english language and it's applications? It really looks bad when some idiot tries to cut on other people in a public forum but can't properly spell what he's trying to say. Way to go, schlep!

I don't know what a bafoom is maybe you meant bathroom.... cause you sure are spewing a lot of crap! :P

Slapshot what about the people YOU all elect at Avon Lake? YOUR chairman of your great MOA sold you all out for a job in Detroit. And I hear your current chairman is going to. He probably sold out the rest of you! At least our guys are still here. I don't like Jack any more than a lot of the other people here do but we didn't have a lot of choices when we had the election. But Jack is trying to stick up for us. YOUR chairman and president could care less if what all the people that came over here are right. No matter what I think we're going to be in a lot of trouble with these guys if they keep this up. Just for once I would like to be a part of a union I could be proud of. These guys represent us to the company. No wonder the company treats us like dummies. We keep electing dummies, criminals and drunks. Maybe we deserve everything we're getting at both plants.

Most Lorain people i work around and I have worked all over the plant don't believe what jack Say's and feel he is making an ass of him self, Nick makes an ass of him self to and doesnt always do what he should and I didn't vote for him but he is better than Jack by a long shot.

Most people are looking forward to the change hoping that things may get better than they are now but some just wanna cry about everything and mostly it's people with enough time to retire. I have yet to hear any low seniority people really cry about loosing there jobs but i hear plenty from people over 30 years seniority cry just over having to go to OHAP and having to work with us.

Preach on brother slapshot2!!! Your 1st post hit the nail right on the head. I actually typed a similar version of that post. After I finished it I Xed out and never hit add reply. I read through it and came to the conclusion that no matter what you tell a person like that, they will still be dumb. No matter how many times you point out his lack of logic, he still will be a senseless old bitter fool. Let's face it, you can't polish a turd.

Your second post dropped to his level. Telling him that when his plant closes " he got what he deserved"?? There are several people from both plants that read this on a regular basis. Even though you are just trying to piss him off, when you say things like that you are making these mental pygmies seem like they are talking the truth.

Preach on brother slapshot2!!! Your 1st post hit the nail right on the head. I actually typed a similar version of that post. After I finished it I Xed out and never hit add reply. I read through it and came to the conclusion that no matter what you tell a person like that, they will still be dumb. No matter how many times you point out his lack of logic, he still will be a senseless old bitter fool. Let's face it, you can't polish a turd.

Your second post dropped to his level. Telling him that when his plant closes " he got what he deserved"?? There are several people from both plants that read this on a regular basis. Even though you are just trying to piss him off, when you say things like that you are making these mental pygmies seem like they are talking the truth.

Perhaps you are correct Sparky, however, I am not saying that I am at all happy about the Lorain closing, I am just saying they got what they deserved. These people had opportunities to vote on changes in the past that would have given their plant a future, and they voted them down, overwhelmingly. Now, many good people will suffer hardships to their families because of the stupidity of this membership as a whole. Sad thing is, these folks for the most part, are intent on screwing up this consolidation. Anybody that thinks this transition is not being watched very closely is crazy. These people somehow feel that this is all about their comfort and happiness, and I know I am not alone when I say I could care less about what they think or want. They should consider themselves lucky they get to come, because I am sure Ford would have prefered to send them all packing. Sometimes in the work world, those that want to stay employed must follow the wishes of their employers. By and large, the folks at Lorain think this doesn't apply to them. If that doesn't change, our plant will be next. They must be stood up to, not bowed down to. There are no awards to be had for getting your plant closed, I don't care how much seniority they have.

These people had opportunities to vote on changes in the past that would have given their plant a future, and they voted them down, overwhelmingly. Now, many good people will suffer hardships to their families because of the stupidity of this membership as a whole. Sad thing is, these folks for the most part, are intent on screwing up this consolidation. Anybody that thinks this transition is not being watched very closely is crazy.

Some of what you say is true, but I wouldn't go the overwhelming route. More people than you realize here at LAP know that to stay strong and competitive you have to change with the times. Back when it was the MOA deal, people who never thought about playing the politics game were out on the floor saying this is something we need to do. The hard core unbendables had the louder voice. When Tim Rowe was Pres. the next biggy was asked about mass relief. The same thing happened again, the voice of reason was out shouted, by those who weren't so much interested in that, as they were about discrediting the leadership (but that's another story). If I recall that one was pretty close.

To blame the membership at LAP as a whole for any upandcoming hardships is out of line with how things have happened here. I myself never voted for anyone who didn't view change as a good thing, and this time voted for the new guy because I was hoping a fresh sense of understanding even for 6 or 7 months would help this transition out. I really don't think the cuurent leadership we have now would even be in office if it wasn't for the retirees and the TPT's that were allowed to vote. (Funny how a bunch were brought in right at election time and were given cards with certian names to vote for to show their 'appreciation')

Mostly the only people I hear carrying on are the children ( yes they seem to be from LAP) who hide behind screen names and rattle on about their just dues. When you get on the floor though it's a different story. I have yet to see or hear about any of the garbage I read here. I have not seen any discontent among any of our brother or sisters from either side. And yes, you are probably right, and I agree with you, we are probably being watched very closely, and our future more than likely depends on how this thing comes together. No matter what the leadership does though, or what the company does, it'll be us on the floor working together that pulls this off .

Slap Shot

#1. JR. you really don’t know what you are talking about. We voted in an MOA here in Lorain. The company never implemented the program. They opted instead for team leaders without the full MOA.

#2. The only reason Local 425 is consolidating with Local 2000 is that the cost of moving Avon here to LAP would have cost Ford double. It has nothing to do with work force. It has to do with the all mighty dollar. It was cheaper to move trim and final assembly to Avon, then body and paint to Lorain.

#3. The only item we voted down here at LAP was mass relief. We did this for one reason and I repeat one reason only “ so guys like you could have a jobâ€. Do you think we are nuts to give up high paying UAW jobs. Never in your life son! Your local has given up many jobs to outsourcing in the past. Your local has also lost work, Villager, Quest, Mariner. We lost our T-Bird and Cougar not because of work force issues, but because of one man named Jack the Knife. Ask around that’s what happened. You guys caved and still lost so please don’t bash us as you have no room to talk.

#4. This is a consolidation of plants. This was made clear from the start. You Avon people can call it what you want. All we want from you fellow UAW members is a fair shake based solely on seniority. This is how the system works, by seniority since the inception of the UAW.

#5. Your older seniority people at Avon all came from Lorain in the first place. Your local was but together by Lorain people, the Donavan’s, Hunter, Hatcher, Smoltz the list goes on.

#6. I refrained myself (other the calling you Jr.) from bashing anyone. As I have posted in the past, you Avon people on this tread want it all your way. Well it doesn’t work like that. You must understand something. Just because we have over 30 years doesn’t mean we are ready to retire. You can have 30 years of service and be just 48 years old. What to you want us to go work at Wal-Mart? I don’t think so. Think about it. Do you want to retire at 48 to 50 years old? Since Ford hasn’t offered a retirement package yet we will be coming over to Avon. Not only will we be coming over with our seniority we will be filling in some of the better jobs. As I have said this is how it works. The UAW has made this clear. Like it or not this is how it is done.

Finally I was just like you guys are now. I couldn’t wait until I got my 30 in so I could get out. Then I finally got a good job at 29 years of service and changed my mind. You will too. Your time will come. Hang in there kids.

P.S. Slap Shot you come across as a salary employee. Who cares if we can’t spell? You are right we are dumb old hillbillies, but because of us dumb old hillbillies you kids have a job.

Get a life you punks.

The Cancer is coming.

No union members went to Vegas from Ohap for the Ergo Conference. I turned down a request to proctor the certification exam, because we (all of us) are in the middle of a major consolidation launch. As for the rest of your rant. Your attempts to pit everyone against each other speak volumes for you union spirit and your threats carry as much danger as a fart in church. Kind of annoying but no real danger.

Slap Shot

#1. JR. you really don’t know what you are talking about. We voted in an MOA here in Lorain. The company never implemented the program. They opted instead for team leaders without the full MOA.

#2. The only reason Local 425 is consolidating with Local 2000 is that the cost of moving Avon here to LAP would have cost Ford double. It has nothing to do with work force. It has to do with the all mighty dollar. It was cheaper to move trim and final assembly to Avon, then body and paint to Lorain.

#3. The only item we voted down here at LAP was mass relief. We did this for one reason and I repeat one reason only “ so guys like you could have a jobâ€. Do you think we are nuts to give up high paying UAW jobs. Never in your life son! Your local has given up many jobs to outsourcing in the past. Your local has also lost work, Villager, Quest, Mariner. We lost our T-Bird and Cougar not because of work force issues, but because of one man named Jack the Knife. Ask around that’s what happened. You guys caved and still lost so please don’t bash us as you have no room to talk.

#4. This is a consolidation of plants. This was made clear from the start. You Avon people can call it what you want. All we want from you fellow UAW members is a fair shake based solely on seniority. This is how the system works, by seniority since the inception of the UAW.

#5. Your older seniority people at Avon all came from Lorain in the first place. Your local was but together by Lorain people, the Donavan’s, Hunter, Hatcher, Smoltz the list goes on.

#6. I refrained myself (other the calling you Jr.) from bashing anyone. As I have posted in the past, you Avon people on this tread want it all your way. Well it doesn’t work like that. You must understand something. Just because we have over 30 years doesn’t mean we are ready to retire. You can have 30 years of service and be just 48 years old. What to you want us to go work at Wal-Mart? I don’t think so. Think about it. Do you want to retire at 48 to 50 years old? Since Ford hasn’t offered a retirement package yet we will be coming over to Avon. Not only will we be coming over with our seniority we will be filling in some of the better jobs. As I have said this is how it works. The UAW has made this clear. Like it or not this is how it is done.

Finally I was just like you guys are now. I couldn’t wait until I got my 30 in so I could get out. Then I finally got a good job at 29 years of service and changed my mind. You will too. Your time will come. Hang in there kids.

P.S. Slap Shot you come across as a salary employee. Who cares if we can’t spell? You are right we are dumb old hillbillies, but because of us dumb old hillbillies you kids have a job.

No union members went to Vegas from Ohap for the Ergo Conference. I turned down a request to proctor the certification exam, because we (all of us) are in the middle of a major consolidation launch. As for the rest of your rant. Your attempts to pit everyone against each other speak volumes for you union spirit and your threats carry as much danger as a fart in church. Kind of annoying but no real danger.

Its too bad we can't go back and look at who started this in the first. As Blue Oval News lost everything in a system crash. Your Avon people started it. Anytime someone from Lorain posts they get the shit. So F Y I the pit against each other has allready taken place. You being an union official have no business sticking your two cents in. You are a fine example of what I have been preaching. All of us from Lorain are fucked before we even get in the door at Avon. We know how you union officials feel.

Why don't you just do your job and post some information that everyone can use.

We are hearing nothing from the union at both plants. This is a crying shame to keep over 3000 people in limbo. Shame on you guys. Everyone please remember this at election time.

Its too bad we can't go back and look at who started this in the first. As Blue Oval News lost everything in a system crash. Your Avon people started it. Anytime someone from Lorain posts they get the shit. So F Y I the pit against each other has allready taken place. You being an union official have no business sticking your two cents in. You are a fine example of what I have been preaching. All of us from Lorain are fucked before we even get in the door at Avon. We know how you union officials feel.

We are hearing nothing from the union at both plants. This is a crying shame to keep over 3000 people in limbo. Shame on you guys. Everyone please remember this at election time.

First off you need to check the previous post and show me where I have ever done anything but welcome the people from 425. I have been working with a number of them and not one has ever expressed anything but willingness to work to make the consolidation as smooth as possible. As far as posting information, I would be glad to if I get any concrete information. I will not however post specualtion and guesses. Oh and one other thing at least I have the guts to let you know who I am, can you say the same??

It's kinda funny that all this bickering back and forth is about these premo jobs everyone is so worried about!? I'm around the labor pool people that do the not so premo jobs all day. Most of them I talk to could care less about all this back and forth whining and crying being done by the high senority at both plants. Most people seem worried about having a job. Not if they have the best jobs. The majority of the people at both plants couldnt get any of these gravy jobs anyhow. So they get to listen to and read all this crap going back and forth. What great leaders we have!!! That will help us become one local HOW????

It's kinda funny that all this bickering back and forth is about these premo jobs everyone is so worried about!? I'm around the labor pool people that do the not so premo jobs all day. Most of them I talk to could care less about all this back and forth whining and crying being done by the high senority at both plants. Most people seem worried about having a job. Not if they have the best jobs. The majority of the people at both plants couldnt get any of these gravy jobs anyhow. So they get to listen to and read all this crap going back and forth. What great leaders we have!!! That will help us become one local HOW????

Ya come to think about it I havn't seen any posts about having a job at ford when it's all said and done with.

I find it hard to feel sorry for someone with 30+ years whinning about what job they are going to have .When I hear every day someone wondering if their going to even have a job.

P. S. The sad thing about it is some of them our kids whose dad or mom have 30+ years.

First off you need to check the previous post and show me where I have ever done anything but welcome the people from 425. I have been working with a number of them and not one has ever expressed anything but willingness to work to make the consolidation as smooth as possible. As far as posting information, I would be glad to if I get any concrete information. I will not however post specualtion and guesses. Oh and one other thing at least I have the guts to let you know who I am, can you say the same??

Yes, Ben, I CAN say the same! LOL I even put it on my hardhat so that people could easily identify me!

Spring

(Mary)

"You no seniority piece of shit. Coming out of GEN and acting like you own the company won’t win you any friends. Do your job and shut your pie hole. No body wants to read your bull shit." --40anout

"I refrained myself (other the calling you Jr.) from bashing anyone" also 40anout

I went back like antro said andl ooked up this guy's posts. I guess ole 40 was right he never bashed anyone or call anyone names, his restraint was absolutely amazing. Anyone want to bet he's one of the 30+ "booth cleaners" from LAP, the ones with no booth to clean. If you are "fucked before you even get in the door" you have no one to blame, not even Jack, but yourself.

"You no seniority piece of shit. Coming out of GEN and acting like you own the company won’t win you any friends. Do your job and shut your pie hole. No body wants to read your bull shit." --40anout

"I refrained myself (other the calling you Jr.) from bashing anyone" also 40anout

I went back like antro said andl ooked up this guy's posts. I guess ole 40 was right he never bashed anyone or call anyone names, his restraint was absolutely amazing. Anyone want to bet he's one of the 30+ "booth cleaners" from LAP, the ones with no booth to clean. If you are "fucked before you even get in the door" you have no one to blame, not even Jack, but yourself.

My point exactly. It gets tiring hearing all of the whining that they are doing either in this forum, or through their "in-plant" letters by artists such as Al Nielson, who is whining and crying and issuing challenges and demands based on things he was quoting from the 1950's (moron). Now, contrary to what Mr. 40andout says, everyone I have spoken to that has knowledge of the Lorain history, or at least the last 10 years, says that one Mr. Bill Allen once told the company that there would be a corn field where the plant stands before there would be an MOA. Since that time, they have lost all of their work, so it really doesn't sound like they voted to accept anything. They, by and large, think that they run the company. That Ford will do what they say they are willing to accept, and time and again they are shown that this is not the case. Now, our plant and it's long term success, will be subjected to the bullheadedness from the same workforce, which has absolutely no knowledge of how this business works. They brag often in these forums about all of their high seniority, without stopping to realize that the pensions that they someday would like to collect are in huge jeopardy. I don't care what poeple like 40andout say, the vast majority of people that stay and continue to work after they are eligible for retirement do so because of financial need. Poor planning and life choices have led them to the point where they have but little choice other than to work 40 or 50 years. I feel not one bit sorry for these people nor do I feel that their time served at Lorain entitles them to any special treatment at OHAP. If they choose to come over here instead of retiring, then they can come and get whatever is left when we are done taking care of our people. If they don't like it, they can simply excersise all of the hard earned seniority that they brag about and retire. Simple as that. If they choose not to do this, then they can come on over, keep their mouths shut, and crawl their high seniority asses in and out of trucks all day and night long. Better them than me!

SPRING!

Hey how are you doing lady! Everything is fine, EXCEPT for the Tornado that took out 35% of our seat company over the last weekend! We have been on layoff for just 1 week and are due to return on Monday. People here DO NOT know how to live off of 10 hrs!!!!!!!!! Wow alot of spoiled people down here. I got a real nice nice job hanging tires,easy, and I am VERY happy with my decission to come down here. All has worked out great!! Sold our house up there and bought down here 2 weeks before starting to work. Relo, has supplied the funds that was alocated, less those TAXES!! Sounds like a REAL Cat and Mouse game up North?? YES OR NO? Nice to see that you are back on the board, and tell your Bro, I said Hello, Ok? Later

Edited by 1degokid