Refrigerated Console

jrys

Thats what I am trying to find out. I wonder if the one from the MKT will fit in the Flex?

I am not knowing much about the MKT. But I believe the MKT refrigerated console is a flow through design which is continuously attached (or made to looked like) to the front console. Best thing to do is to ask the dealers, since many Ford/L/M now combined in the same dealership in the same showroom!

I am not knowing much about the MKT. But I believe the MKT refrigerated console is a flow through design which is continuously attached (or made to looked like) to the front console. Best thing to do is to ask the dealers, since many Ford/L/M now combined in the same dealership in the same showroom!

Yes, the MKT has a flow-through design, so I'm not sure if it could be put into another vehicle. The Flex's console, however, is it's own "island" between the 2nd row captain's chairs, so it might be able to be transferred to another vehicle.

• 10 months later...

Yes, the MKT has a flow-through design, so I'm not sure if it could be put into another vehicle. The Flex's console, however, is it's own "island" between the 2nd row captain's chairs, so it might be able to be transferred to another vehicle.

I surprised my wife with a new MKT, but to my surprise, she was quite upset when she saw there was no console between the 2nd row bucket seats. I searched everywhere for a console from a salvaged vehicle but was unsuccessful. (All of the parts to make one ordered from the dealership costs thousands.) One of the salvage dealers suggested a console from a Flex but didn't know if it would fit. I called several dealers, and nobody knew if it would work. I decided I would take a chance that it would work and started looking for one. When I couldn't find one, either refrigerated or not, I bit the bullet and ordered all of the parts to build one (not refrigerated) from parts.com. It ended up with shipping to be around $940--as much as the refrigerated one would have been factory installed on the MKT. Live and learn.

It was easy to assemble and to bolt to the existing bracket on the floor. However, I was very reluctant to drill into the floorboard to anchor it in the front, so I took it to a body shop for them to do it. They looked at it and said they wouldn't do it because it was too close to the gas tank. I went home and decided that I would see if I could figure out if it could be bolted without damaging anything. When I lifted the carpet and peeked under towards the area where the bolts should go, I saw that there were already holes for the bolts! No drilling required! A Flex console does fit and MKT! We actually like this better than the flow through design because passengers can cross the rear of the vehicle without stepping over the console.

I hope this helps others, but I would recommend finding a salvage one for a lot less.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I surprised my wife with a new MKT, but to my surprise, she was quite upset when she saw there was no console between the 2nd row bucket seats. I searched everywhere for a console from a salvaged vehicle but was unsuccessful. (All of the parts to make one ordered from the dealership costs thousands.) One of the salvage dealers suggested a console from a Flex but didn't know if it would fit. I called several dealers, and nobody knew if it would work. I decided I would take a chance that it would work and started looking for one. When I couldn't find one, either refrigerated or not, I bit the bullet and ordered all of the parts to build one (not refrigerated) from parts.com. It ended up with shipping to be around $940--as much as the refrigerated one would have been factory installed on the MKT. Live and learn.

It was easy to assemble and to bolt to the existing bracket on the floor. However, I was very reluctant to drill into the floorboard to anchor it in the front, so I took it to a body shop for them to do it. They looked at it and said they wouldn't do it because it was too close to the gas tank. I went home and decided that I would see if I could figure out if it could be bolted without damaging anything. When I lifted the carpet and peeked under towards the area where the bolts should go, I saw that there were already holes for the bolts! No drilling required! A Flex console does fit and MKT! We actually like this better than the flow through design because passengers can cross the rear of the vehicle without stepping over the console.

I hope this helps others, but I would recommend finding a salvage one for a lot less.

Excluding the wife component, I am in a similar situation. I would like to install the Ford Flex rear console on to my new Lincoln MKT. Can anyone provide a OEM Part #?