Mich Assy Plant

Ckr01

Hello all;

I took the buyout in 03-08, and thanks to the economy tanking, and me not being as ready as I should have, I am in deep doo doo, and

find that I am in need of a decent paying job.If the opportunity occurs, can retiree's return to the MAP / Wayne ISA to work? I can't

find a job around here, it's either my age, 55, or because I'm a union man ?? I go to plenty of interviews, but no callbacks.....

Thanks

Don

Hello all;

I took the buyout in 03-08, and thanks to the economy tanking, and me not being as ready as I should have, I am in deep doo doo, and

find that I am in need of a decent paying job.If the opportunity occurs, can retiree's return to the MAP / Wayne ISA to work? I can't

find a job around here, it's either my age, 55, or because I'm a union man ?? I go to plenty of interviews, but no callbacks.....

Thanks

Don

I think you may be fucked. Good luck to you

Hello all;

Thanks

Don

Don, Don't let this condor fellow get you down. go out and get some retraining money from the state and add some skills. NO worker left behind, grants. Invest in yourself. What about classes at your local? Get your Local to sponsor some, that is what the UaW is about, in my mind!! there are jobs out there. 55 does not mean dead.

Don, Don't let this condor fellow get you down. go out and get some retraining money from the state and add some skills. NO worker left behind, grants. Invest in yourself. What about classes at your local? Get your Local to sponsor some, that is what the UaW is about, in my mind!! there are jobs out there. 55 does not mean dead.

I'm not trying to get him down Lenny, I just think he's not going to be able to return to the plant.

I believe you can come back only if openings are available, like anybody else on the street and you will be hired in at a second tier wager for pay. I'm sure you can find many other jobs for that pay. I swould suggest take something your good at and take advantage of the programs available out there and get a certifiable skill.

I believe you can come back only if openings are available, like anybody else on the street and you will be hired in at a second tier wager for pay. I'm sure you can find many other jobs for that pay. I swould suggest take something your good at and take advantage of the programs available out there and get a certifiable skill.

He can not come back as a Ford employee, law prohibits it, if he is collecting a pension from Ford, he can not work for Ford. Do not want to give anyone false hope!! There are however opportunities to be retrained.....I would suggest taking advantage of some training that Granholm has given us Michiganders!!

He can not come back as a Ford employee, law prohibits it, if he is collecting a pension from Ford, he can not work for Ford. Do not want to give anyone false hope!! There are however opportunities to be retrained.....I would suggest taking advantage of some training that Granholm has given us Michiganders!!

Not down here in Ohio. My dad could return to Sandusky ACH as a Millwright even though he retired from Ford 3 years ago.

Not down here in Ohio. My dad could return to Sandusky ACH as a Millwright even though he retired from Ford 3 years ago.

As a Ford employee though ? or through another contractor/supplier ?

I know for sure there are plenty that have taken buy outs or retirement and then got a job with the contractors, hell one of the ACH plant's Chairman/President is a retiree that hired back in as a outsourced/ACH employee heh.

Not saying it is impossible but that would all depend on how many are left on ILO, do not forget if Ford is able to sell some of the ACH facilities expect it to be impossible once all those on loans to those plants will need to be re filtered back into Ford facilities first before they go out and get entry level employees.

Hello all;

Thanks

Don

Don....... GM is about to hire the $14 folks in MI. go to the MESC or Mich Works. Good Luck.

I retired in 2000. Just before I left, I was told Ibetter be sure because once you're gone, there's no going back. No changing your mind, you're done. Now salaried is different. In the late 90's, Livonia Trans called back some supervisors that had retired a few months earlier. They were back for like a 6 month run and were paid pretty good.

Either their pension payouts stop or they come back to work as a consultant through a different company. Ford pays company "B" and company "B" pays the employee.

Your right, we had a QC guy for incoming metal from the stamping plants that retired from NAP, and he got a job as a Liason consultant from one of the stamping plants to work with metal issues at NAP.

I'm not trying to get him down Lenny, I just think he's not going to be able to return to the plant.

Lenny??

I don't disagree with you, but my intent was to let Dn getinto some training.

But, let's look at another iss since you brought it up.. tony and other presidents may have set a precedent by retiring nad reamining in office inder special agreements made with ford by some UAW staff and allowed by some intl officers.

As retire member, the same as some local officers, you should petition the Intl UAW and Ford for equal application of the contract(the clause is in the national CBA), or contracts. Even the side agreeemnets that we now know, are there, allowing retirees to have a relationship with the company. the flood gates have been opened.