Aerodynamic 2009 Ford F150.

bondo007

Read in the business section of the local paper here Friday, New Years Day, that the big three are still betting on domestic pickup truck sales to add their profits in 2010. I especially like that the article also stated that the foriegn manufacturers, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, try as they might, had not made great inroads into this domestic market. Buy a pickup this year and buy American.

And, as we all know, Ford is the only way to go!

post-30414-1262544033_thumb.jpg

That is one interesting picture.

Image a 4-door with that, but instead of a bed, integrate the bed into the cabin as the Expedition is done...but, not an Expedition. Still keep the slant, could make it like a large hatchback or something.

Probably be a b1tch as far as rear visibility is concerned though... :(

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Image a 4-door with that, but instead of a bed, integrate the bed into the cabin as the Expedition is done...but, not an Expedition. Still keep the slant, could make it like a large hatchback or something.

Probably be a b1tch as far as rear visibility is concerned though... :(

Chuck

BMW X6

Aztec

Accord Crosstour

you sure you want to see that roof profile?

BMW X6

Aztec

Accord Crosstour

you sure you want to see that roof profile?

Well, if it was 4 door and integrated, it'd look less bad than that pic. I'm not saying I'd like to see Ford actually do it, but, it'd be interesting to see a mock up of it, both interior and exterior.

hummer-625x450.jpg

Something like that, but, F-150'ized. The X6 doesn't look bad to me, it's just there is no real usefullness behind the 2nd row seats...something you'd not have a problem with in a F-150 version.

In the end though, it hits too close to the Expedition, and Ford would never do that.

Chuck

Read in the business section of the local paper here Friday, New Years Day, that the big three are still betting on domestic pickup truck sales to add their profits in 2010. I especially like that the article also stated that the foriegn manufacturers, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, try as they might, had not made great inroads into this domestic market. Buy a pickup this year and buy American.

And, as we all know, Ford is the only way to go!

Certainly... interesting...

Probably be a b1tch as far as rear visibility is concerned though... sad.gif

Chuck

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

Whats this a joke pick-up

Chevy, Toyota, Nissan pick up salesman say yes Ford should do it, they we be rubbing their hands together with glee.

LOL why not use what every European trademan uses to do exactly the same job as an American tradesman & scrap the F-150? and watch Ford sales go south bigtime Stateside. You could not make this $h!t up Ford want to Mondeo - Contour - Mystique its pick-up with boring dull bland crap that nobody will want to buy, why not go the full hog and make it a FWD gutless no torque gasoline only pick-up that wont be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding.

ford-transit-2.jpg

"Latest F-150 TV UK advert - Ford Transit BACKBONE of Britain" without the silly half wit shape that will send F-150 sales down to Mondeo levels 8000 a month, you could not make this shit up if you tried.

LINK

What every US tradesmen wants, a unpractical one ton pick-up that does Mach 2 but you won't be able to put anything in it from the side?

Do we get a new nose job with fins at the back as well to give it the ultimate in aerodynamics, you could not make this shit up?

decollage_concorde_et_nez_autre_concorde_01.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

While it would be interesting if Ford decided to compete with the Sprinter with a Sprinter sized competitor, you do realize that, unlike the UK, a sh1ton of people here in the US buy trucks and aren't tradespeople, don't you?

Chuck

So would l own one if l lived Stateside, there would be noway you would get me in some boring dull bland Camry death trap car that looks like and handles like a drunken pig you have nowhere else to go, what do non-tradesmen Americans use pick-ups for mobile swimming pools?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

So would l own one if l lived Stateside, there would be noway you would get me in some boring dull bland Camry death trap car that looks like and handles like a drunken pig you have nowhere else to go, what do non-tradesmen Americans use pick-ups for mobile swimming pools?

Well, apart from a full size having more interior room for the average overweight American, and apart from the 1 time a year most will ever need to use the capability it has over anything much closer to what they should really be driving, it's because they have to have a truck. It's the same deal for many/most that drive Explorers and Expeditions...people need to have large high center of gravity offroad vehicles, with street tires on them, because driving a car is just weak...for lesser people.

Chuck

Well, apart from a full size having more interior room for the average overweight American, and apart from the 1 time a year most will ever need to use the capability it has over anything much closer to what they should really be driving, it's because they have to have a truck. It's the same deal for many/most that drive Explorers and Expeditions...people need to have large high center of gravity offroad vehicles, with street tires on them, because driving a car is just weak...for lesser people.

Chuck

Stereotypes chucky!

Not ALL americans are overweight and need the extra room. Some have toys and need bigger vehicles to pull those toys. You know, like a travel trailer that can't be pulled by anything smaller than a half-ton truck!

Stereotypes chucky!

Not ALL americans are overweight and need the extra room. Some have toys and need bigger vehicles to pull those toys. You know, like a travel trailer that can't be pulled by anything smaller than a half-ton truck!

I agree. I'm not knocking people that actually have a legit need for a fullsize/Explorer/Expedition.

But you'll notice that about 90% of the consumer market for those 3 is F-150's/250's that have no paint rubs on/in their beds, their hitch receiver has the factory paint on it, and the Explorers/Expeditions are the same for the hitch, and there's no rubs and/or slider bars from/for when they go on all those offroad trails they need that vehicle for.

So, exactly why do they need that gas guzzling view blocking less safe vehicle?

Easy: Because they want it.

Chuck

I agree. I'm not knocking people that actually have a legit need for a fullsize/Explorer/Expedition.

But you'll notice that about 90% of the consumer market for those 3 is F-150's/250's that have no paint rubs on/in their beds, their hitch receiver has the factory paint on it, and the Explorers/Expeditions are the same for the hitch, and there's no rubs and/or slider bars from/for when they go on all those offroad trails they need that vehicle for.

Chuck

I'll agree with you there.

Chuck

But that the kind of vehicle I look for when I'm in the market. A babied 5-6 year old pickup without a scratch on it that will look good for a couple of years till I beat the crap out of it.

Don't try to get rid of my supply! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chuck

My truck doesn't have a scratch in the bed, but it has a bed liner. Myhitch has the majority of the factory paint left. My paint is in great condition, except a few dings from the wife's car in the garage. What other vehicle do you suggest that would fit all the camping and fishing gear, family of 5, 2 large dogs, is good in the Colorado snow, can trek through the fields of my grandpa's and uncles farm and can tow our 6K lb boat trailer?

Gas guzzling, yup she is. Less safe, less safe compared to what in what type of conditions?

Sure did want it, but also needed it since no cars meet our needs. We have the wife's car for the day to day grocery getting.

My truck doesn't have a scratch in the bed, but it has a bed liner. Myhitch has the majority of the factory paint left. My paint is in great condition, except a few dings from the wife's car in the garage. What other vehicle do you suggest that would fit all the camping and fishing gear, family of 5, 2 large dogs, is good in the Colorado snow, can trek through the fields of my grandpa's and uncles farm and can tow our 6K lb boat trailer?

None. But then, you sound llke someone who actually needs what you have. My point is that there are an obscene amont of people driving around in full sizes and SUV's, who don't need that type of vehicle period. They only "need" it because they want it, nothing more.

Gas guzzling, yup she is. Less safe, less safe compared to what in what type of conditions?

Less safe for anyone else on the road in something that they bought that made rational sense, rather than thinking with the autoPeen. For you, it sounds like you don't have a choice, you actually need what you've got. For the Millions of others who didn't need one, but got it because they just HAD to have it, they didn't. So we needlessly consume huge amount of oil, block the view of others, have longer stopping distances, less manueverable, etc. etc. All for.......nothing.

Sure did want it, but also needed it since no cars meet our needs. We have the wife's car for the day to day grocery getting.

Statistically speaking, you aren't in the norm.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

None. But then, you sound llke someone who actually needs what you have. My point is that there are an obscene amont of people driving around in full sizes and SUV's, who don't need that type of vehicle period. They only "need" it because they want it, nothing more.

Less safe for anyone else on the road in something that they bought that made rational sense, rather than thinking with the autoPeen. For you, it sounds like you don't have a choice, you actually need what you've got. For the Millions of others who didn't need one, but got it because they just HAD to have it, they didn't. So we needlessly consume huge amount of oil, block the view of others, have longer stopping distances, less manueverable, etc. etc. All for.......nothing.

Statistically speaking, you aren't in the norm.

Chuck

Would you like potential buyers to justify their need for a specific type of vehicle before they are allowed to buy one. Who would oversee this the goverment the motor companys or a group of environmentalists

Would you like potential buyers to justify their need for a specific type of vehicle before they are allowed to buy one. Who would oversee this the goverment the motor companys or a group of environmentalists

Taking personal freedom out of the equation, Yes, ideally, people would need to justify their purpose for owning such a monstrosity. However...

..this is America. And I'm not a fan of Big Government. So what I'd rather have is people thinking with their large heads instead of their small ones, and get a vehicle that makes sense rather than something that's larger than the neighbors...because if your ride doesn't have 4x4, tires that weigh 50 lbs, vehicle weight at 5,000 lbs., then you yourself are a loser, and we can't have that.

That doesn't mean they need to go "extreme" and get a Ford Fiesta instead of the Expedition, but how about a Taurus instead? Instead of a driving a F-250 that will never tow, never go offroad, never haul anything in the bed that a Edge couldn't, maybe get something more reasonable?

People can rent a fullsize if need be, for rates so cheap that a week of driving their normal car (out of the 52 weeks in the year) would pay for itself in gas alone. You can get more than a fullsize rented for $18 an hour. Instead, they'll buy a F-150 or Expedition that they'll drive, 99% alone, for the next 10 years they'll own it. Fantastic waste.....for what?

Chuck

Taking personal freedom out of the equation, Yes, ideally, people would need to justify their purpose for owning such a monstrosity. However...

..this is America. And I'm not a fan of Big Government. So what I'd rather have is people thinking with their large heads instead of their small ones, and get a vehicle that makes sense rather than something that's larger than the neighbors...because if your ride doesn't have 4x4, tires that weigh 50 lbs, vehicle weight at 5,000 lbs., then you yourself are a loser, and we can't have that.

That doesn't mean they need to go "extreme" and get a Ford Fiesta instead of the Expedition, but how about a Taurus instead? Instead of a driving a F-250 that will never tow, never go offroad, never haul anything in the bed that a Edge couldn't, maybe get something more reasonable?

People can rent a fullsize if need be, for rates so cheap that a week of driving their normal car (out of the 52 weeks in the year) would pay for itself in gas alone. You can get more than a fullsize rented for $18 an hour. Instead, they'll buy a F-150 or Expedition that they'll drive, 99% alone, for the next 10 years they'll own it. Fantastic waste.....for what?

Chuck

I have to agree with you .I know of hummers in this town that get put away in the winter and they use a 2 wheel drive beater .My 97 f150 4x4 4.6 trailer tow package 3.55 ltd slip has 213000 kilometers 75% of which were towing a 25ft tandem snowmobile trailer. I drive a 2001 miata gt in the summer .The car has 110000 kilometers.

Yeah, that I have no problem with. You obviously have a need for a truck, and used your truck for truck purposes. It's these posers that have to have these massive vehicles, and then only do things with them that a Taurus could do. Rediculous. In the meantime, we get sucked into wars and supporting regimes that get us hated (and hence attacked) that cost us hundreds of Billions, because we have to be in that region to make sure we get priority on the oil.

Gas needs to hit $6 a gallon and stay there for 2-3 years...maybe then people will break out of their habits, as painful as it'd be...

Chuck

• Like 1