Confirmed: 2011 Focus to Debut Next Week!

And from what iv heard from people who have seen it, the wait is worth it! :happy feet:

Shouldn't be too difficult to maintain momentum until the on-sale date then. After all, it'll be at least another month before the initial stories hit all the automotive rags, and the first drives and full-on test drives will come along in the following months building up nicely toward the launch.

Shouldn't be too difficult to maintain momentum until the on-sale date then. After all, it'll be at least another month before the initial stories hit all the automotive rags, and the first drives and full-on test drives will come along in the following months building up nicely toward the launch.

lessee, first up the Tux Black loaded 5 speed Fiesta w ccabernet ( my homophobe self cant bring myself to insert the word PLUM ) leather, followed by an RS Focus....my future is looking bright....

How about, instead of a turbo Focus RS, they do a Focus with a GDI version of the 2.5L I4 in the Fusion/Escape? Possibly tuned for around 200 hp and 200 lbs of torque? The current NA engine is in the 175-180 range. GDI plus a bit of a tune job on the breathing and 200/200 is entirely doable. I can't imagine that it would be too expensive to do, and, it would definitely be a good performer. The 2.5L I4 isn't a very heavy engine and the differential in weight between it and the 2.0L would be less than 40 lbs.

How about, instead of a turbo Focus RS, they do a Focus with a GDI version of the 2.5L I4 in the Fusion/Escape? Possibly tuned for around 200 hp and 200 lbs of torque? The current NA engine is in the 175-180 range. GDI plus a bit of a tune job on the breathing and 200/200 is entirely doable. I can't imagine that it would be too expensive to do, and, it would definitely be a good performer. The 2.5L I4 isn't a very heavy engine and the differential in weight between it and the 2.0L would be less than 40 lbs.

That would make sense in a ST variant. I figured the 2.0L for base and a 2.5L uplevel. I figured we would see a 2.0L EB as well.

I've wanted to see the 2.5 in a "Focus-based" car for a long time!

now I guess it'd be a matter of how it compared to other engine options in mpg & cost :unsure:

I am still amazed how Ford has managed to keep this car under wraps right up until the last minute. I imagine since it is still a year out there are not as many road prototypes out there to be caught, but still... usually Priddy & Co get someone to spill the beans (or at this point in the game one of the over-eager bloggers blow embargo).

I am still amazed how Ford has managed to keep this car under wraps right up until the last minute. I imagine since it is still a year out there are not as many road prototypes out there to be caught, but still... usually Priddy & Co get someone to spill the beans (or at this point in the game one of the over-eager bloggers blow embargo).

Yea, that's what makes it hard to believe, the spy photographers get everything these days, has Ford been testing it at area 51 or something?? :ninja:

I just hope it is AWD capable.

Yea, that's what makes it hard to believe, the spy photographers get everything these days, has Ford been testing it at area 51 or something??

Powertrain changes are being tested in the old body.

I'll bet there are more prototypes n EU. Pre-production models won't start showing up until 3Q10.

I just hope it is AWD capable.

The platform is "capable".