Remove excise tax from health care legislation

Dale143

It is becoming clear that Obama care will most likely pass." A dangerous provision inserted in the Senate version will impose an excise tax on health care plans that will force many to drop coverage and increase co-pays and deductibles for working families".

http://www.uaw.org/news/features/vw_fst1.cfm?fstId=115

Edited by Dale143

It is becoming clear that Obama care will most likely pass." A dangerous provision inserted in the Senate version will impose an excise tax on health care plans that will force many to drop coverage and increase co-pays and deductibles for working families".

Just like the legal fund we retain as a benifit at the end of the tear your health care will show up on your check what the year was worth to you and the fam lets say 20,000.00 and you will pay 40% tax on it. Now that is change you can believe in. All the unions meet with the great one on tuesday to talk some sence to him.Good luck to all i think were going to need it.They claim the 40% will bring in 149 billion and if they get rid of it they will lose 49 billion of the 149billion.This payroll TAX is just another middle class TAX.

Just like the legal fund we retain as a benifit at the end of the tear your health care will show up on your check what the year was worth to you and the fam lets say 20,000.00 and you will pay 40% tax on it. Now that is change you can believe in. All the unions meet with the great one on tuesday to talk some sence to him.Good luck to all i think were going to need it.They claim the 40% will bring in 149 billion and if they get rid of it they will lose 49 billion of the 149billion.This payroll TAX is just another middle class TAX.

Has nothing to do with the middle class. It has to do with what the Progressives in our Congress deem as highend healthcare plans. They consider the UAW plans as highend plans. It will affect the higher incomes more than the middle and lower classes,because they tend to negotiate higher end plans.

Just goes to show how really watered down the coverage is going to be in these univeasl healthcare plans that the federal government is going to offer.

But of course Congress will not get taxed on there plans,which are far better than we get now.

and the rich keep getting richer.

maybe it should have been called trickle up economics!

The rich will be hit with many more taxes in this healthcare plan than any other group. They already pay a higher percentage of income taxes than anyone else. The reason the rich get richer,as they keep working hard at what made them successful,they learn from there failures and move on.

The Unions will capitulate to the great one with a promise of somthing better to come for them. watch and see.

Only the amount above $23000. will be taxed not all of it.

Only the amount above $23000. will be taxed not all of it.

What do you think fords is going to say its below we will pay the TAXES??????I think every Ins company in the country will be right at the TAX amount so the company will offer there ins to there workers and the worker will pay the TAXES.

What do you think fords is going to say its below we will pay the TAXES??????I think every Ins company in the country will be right at the TAX amount so the company will offer there ins to there workers and the worker will pay the TAXES.

Fearmonger. What was the $$ on your benefit summary last year ?? Wasnt $23K........

And you libs are surprised by the tax? What did ya think, that the government was going to give health insurance to millions of un-insured Americans and

nobody would have to pay for it? The so-called cold-hearted conservatives are against national health care not because they want to deny care (no one in America

is denied health care in emergency rooms). No.........they are against national health care because they see it for what it is.....a massive power grab and transfer of wealth. That transfer of wealth is what union members are bitching about now that they realize Obama (O-bummer) favors taxing high-end insurance plans.........THAT'S THE UAW FOLKs!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUGH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!YOU VOTED HIM IN AND MADE YOUR BED............NOW LAY DOWN IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :banghead:

And you libs are surprised by the tax? What did ya think, that the government was going to give health insurance to millions of un-insured Americans and

nobody would have to pay for it? The so-called cold-hearted conservatives are against national health care not because they want to deny care (no one in America

is denied health care in emergency rooms). No.........they are against national health care because they see it for what it is.....a massive power grab and transfer of wealth. That transfer of wealth is what union members are bitching about now that they realize Obama (O-bummer) favors taxing high-end insurance plans.........THAT'S THE UAW FOLKs!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUGH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!YOU VOTED HIM IN AND MADE YOUR BED............NOW LAY DOWN IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :banghead:

Yep,you will pay more and get less unless your not paying now then its FREE!

Just wait if the cap & trade energy bill/ tax passes. That will be a big nail in the coffin for anyone paying energy bills (all of us) and a real blow for manufacturing in the USA (Ford).

Its coming but I am curious who it all will be blamed on down the road.

Edited by cal50

Just wait if the cap & trade energy bill/ tax passes. That will be a big nail in the coffin for anyone paying energy bills (all of us) and a real blow for manufacturing in the USA (Ford).

How do the politicians put it?..........................oh yeah, that's right.........................."ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" Well this is a big consequence(A SUCK-ASS CONSEQUENCE THAT IS) ......And you're right on.....................The cap and trade(CAP AND TAX) is going to force the auto companies to..............how shall

a hayseed flyover country bumpkin conservative like me put it? Oh yeah, it will force the auto companies to SUCK HIND TEAT. Is that clear enough

wording for all you bleeding heart libs out there? :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The dummycrats on this post will blame it on Bush.

They will blame the last admination as long as nobama's president.

Gee...Most posters here apparently can't read or understand anything, unless it is spoon fed to them by Beck or O'Riley.

The proposal (not yet final) is to tax the portion of plans over $23,000 for a family.

How much do you think your plan is worth?

Do you think Ford pays over $23,000 for the lousy coverage that a UAW worker gets?

I am opposed to this tax but at least I try to understand it and not lie about it.

Gee...Most posters here apparently can't read or understand anything, unless it is spoon fed to them by Beck or O'Riley.

The proposal (not yet final) is to tax the portion of plans over $23,000 for a family.

How much do you think your plan is worth?

Do you think Ford pays over $23,000 for the lousy coverage that a UAW worker gets?

I am opposed to this tax but at least I try to understand it and not lie about it.

If it's not going to affect us, why is the UAW trying to get obama to drop the tax on "Cadillac" plans???????????????? :reading:

the ignorance in this forum is astounding. your co pays an deductibiles are already going to increase.. and without reform in another couple years your healthcare coverage is going to diminish greatly. You guys had better research and find out for yourselves whats really going on. you guys are pushing a right wing agenda thats going to negatively affect you and your families. Understand and prepare is my advice to you all. your focusing too much on today and not later. Theres going to be a lot of folks let down and hurt because their basing their conclusions on what someone else told them. Get prepared

the ignorance in this forum is astounding. your co pays an deductibiles are already going to increase.. and without reform in another couple years your healthcare coverage is going to diminish greatly. You guys had better research and find out for yourselves whats really going on. you guys are pushing a right wing agenda thats going to negatively affect you and your families. Understand and prepare is my advice to you all. your focusing too much on today and not later. Theres going to be a lot of folks let down and hurt because their basing their conclusions on what someone else told them. Get prepared

yes and Obama said he wasn't going to raise taxes the middle class. But wait the libtards will some how twist and spin it so they can blame someone, anyone, instead of themselves.

you are a fine one to tell us we should look to the future when every time you end a sentence it's Reagans or GW's fault.

today we have 20mil people out of work, today the unemployed equals 10% percent of the work force and it's much higher if you count the ones who have just plain given up.

and in the first year Obama and the dumbmo controlled congress has all but ignored these problems and instead focused solely on HC as though that's the only problem we face. I will admit they have given some lip service but that is about all.

have you heard the chinese now have a group of over seers in DC, they want to protect the country they bought and paid for.

If it's not going to affect us, why is the UAW trying to get obama to drop the tax on "Cadillac" plans???????????????? :reading:

Because if this type of tax is put in it is easy to change the amounts (or let inflation of health costs do it) so that in the long run it does affect us.

It is a bad tax and could be a tax on the middle class worker in the future.

If the Auto companies come back the UAW will want to bargain better health care coverage again and it would be stupid if it led to taxes for the members.

However ....lying about it (as some posters have) will not change it.

Because if this type of tax is put in it is easy to change the amounts (or let inflation of health costs do it) so that in the long run it does affect us.

If the Auto companies come back the UAW will want to bargain better health care coverage again and it would be stupid if it led to taxes for the members.

according to past earnings benefits statement thingy, i think we are riding in a Cadillac, or maybe a lincoln health care plan, if not real close!

Your man nobama said he would not raise taxes on people that made under $250,000, but you just just stated that this is a TAX, right? Then tell me who the hell is lying.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, I'm wondering if the conservatives on this site have ever taught themselves how to research information or do they think O'Reilley and Beck are there only source of information. This is how it will be taxed....Say Congress decides that all premiums that exceed $11,000 for a family and that your company employer paid premium runs $16,000 that would then be an excess of $5,000.00 (this is in fact what you would pay 40% on). Yes it would suck but I have paid amounts of $300.00 per month before and only had 80/20 % coverage before working for the U.A.W. Also when they find out that there is pre-existing conditions, the plan was doubled. This difference would work out to be about $38.00/week for health care coverage. I think if Ford pays the premium of 23K for family and Congress sets standard for 20K family, which in my opinion is more likely going to be the case, we will have to pay 40% on 3,000. Roughly about $23/week. Maybe your union can give back concessions in which they begged everyone to give up to make up for a $23 week pay in premium.

I will be happy to pay higher taxes to help the uninsured get health insurance I like you, have the best blue collar job in the US. Why can't we help those less fortunate than us?

yes and Obama said he wasn't going to raise taxes the middle class. But wait the libtards will some how twist and spin it so they can blame someone, anyone, instead of themselves.

you are a fine one to tell us we should look to the future when every time you end a sentence it's Reagans or GW's fault.

today we have 20mil people out of work, today the unemployed equals 10% percent of the work force and it's much higher if you count the ones who have just plain given up.

and in the first year Obama and the dumbmo controlled congress has all but ignored these problems and instead focused solely on HC as though that's the only problem we face. I will admit they have given some lip service but that is about all.

have you heard the chinese now have a group of over seers in DC, they want to protect the country they bought and paid for.

China owned this country long before this year, but you wouldnt no that it all started this year let you tell it. Stop helpin China pay for this country an buy american made. Until you start doing that theres nothing you need to complain about