The New Ford Focus

oogravyoo

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100111/AU...eneration-Focus

video

info coming off of twitter..

Bill Ford: We're transforming our large truck/SUV plant to build fuel-efficient gas, hybrid, plug-in and electric vehicles.

Bill Ford: Focus Electric – our battery electric car - will debut in US & Canada 2011 and be built in Michigan

Bill Ford: Focus will be a fuel efficiency and CO2 leader in every market around the world

Lamm: Interior of the new Focus features bold, contemporary graphics along with premium craftsmanship

Johnson: MyFord Touch will be offered in the new Global Focus

Johnson: Global Focus will rival and in some cases beat technology found in larger, more expensive vehicles.

Niesluchowski: New Focus air bags deploy faster, cover more of the body & customize inflation levels to occupants

Niesluchowski: Protective body shell of the Global Focus incorporates ultra-high-strength steel (like Boron).

Herrmann: Global Focus will provide luxury experience at an affordable price.

Herrmann: Dynamic Cornering Control helps detect & reduce wheel slip. Part of our continued commitment to safety

Herrmann: World-class driving experience accomplished via steering precision, multilink rear suspension, quiet cabin

Herrmann: The Focus will have Electric Power Assist Steering to enhance fuel economy, but feels like hydraulic steering

Edited by oogravyoo

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

video

Bill Ford: We're transforming our large truck/SUV plant to build fuel-efficient gas, hybrid, plug-in and electric vehicles.

Bill Ford: Focus Electric – our battery electric car - will debut in US & Canada 2011 and be built in Michigan

Bill Ford: Focus will be a fuel efficiency and CO2 leader in every market around the world

Lamm: Interior of the new Focus features bold, contemporary graphics along with premium craftsmanship

Johnson: Global Focus will rival and in some cases beat technology found in larger, more expensive vehicles.

Niesluchowski: New Focus air bags deploy faster, cover more of the body & customize inflation levels to occupants

Niesluchowski: Protective body shell of the Global Focus incorporates ultra-high-strength steel (like Boron).

Herrmann: Dynamic Cornering Control helps detect & reduce wheel slip. Part of our continued commitment to safety

Herrmann: World-class driving experience accomplished via steering precision, multilink rear suspension, quiet cabin

Herrmann: The Focus will have Electric Power Assist Steering to enhance fuel economy, but feels like hydraulic steering

Cool; looks a bit more rakish than the Fiesta. Sounds like great features, too.

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

video

LOOKS SHARP! :happy feet:

looks like another price increase...

Of course it will be a price increase. There are going to be reasons (mentioned in the extensive features listing posted above) that price increases will be necessary. It is obvious that Ford needed to space out the distance in MSRP between the Focus and the Fiesta.

2010 Ford Focus S model base MSRP = 15,999 w/ manual trans

2011 Ford Fiesta S model base MSRP = 13,320 w/ manual trans

Dont you worry, Ford knows that people are going to be critical of every dolllar in increase of the current MSRP to the next gen. It will be more than worth it.

Anybody up there in Michigan have reliable info on when production is scheduled to start???......

I have know Idea, but we're still in the process of tearing out old stuff (although some new stuff is being installed simultaneously). If I were to guess, I'd say early next year. BTW, it's a great looking small car..... Kudos to Ford's Upper Management. I haven't bought a Ford in 9 years, the New Focus might just end that depressing streak.

This may answer when production will start for the new focus. Subject to change of course...

Build out & start up dates for Ford

Yes but those dates are for the 2011 Focus. The 2011 will be the current car and will have a short model year of approx. 5 to 6 months. The new Focus is a 2012 and Job 1 is tentatively scheduled for around Nov. 1st, 2010 with an on sale date sometime in the first quarter of 2011.

Yes but those dates are for the 2011 Focus. The 2011 will be the current car and will have a short model year of approx. 5 to 6 months. The new Focus is a 2012 and Job 1 is tentatively scheduled for around Nov. 1st, 2010 with an on sale date sometime in the first quarter of 2011.

I just bought a new 2010 Friday and man do I like this car. I would like to have had another Fusion but, my wife wanted to go smaller and she liked the looks of the Focus. So, Focus it was and so far, no regrets. I got the SEL model with alot of good things on it but, I can't get over the ride and handling of it. It's nice and quiet and takes the rough roads very well. Can't wait to see what my mileage is going to be. I got Blue Storm for the color with black leather interior.