2010 Mustang Conv. Crash Test

From the site you had listed:

"Ford Mustang convertible

2010 models mfg. before Jan. 2010

Test details:

The Ford Mustang was re-engineered and restyled for the 2010 model year.

Two tests of a 2010 Mustang convertible were conducted. In the first test as detailed here, the head/neck and overall ratings were poor. In response, Ford modified the convertible's front structure and the doors to improve occupant protection in frontal offset crashes begining with cars manufactured after December 2009 (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door)."

Looks like the improvements were made in response to the tests. Not bad. Safer after made in Jan 2010.

^^^^^^

I defer to the master.....

when you think about it, that was a pretty quick response by the engineering team to get a workable fix out there, I guess Ford really cares about its buyers safety and its good name.......

Edited by jpd80

Even if it's rated good, it doesn't look very reassuring from the pictures. Usually you don't see the front driver wheel crushed up against the firewall. Usually the panel where the door starts never usually has a dent or seen anything else damage wise, go past that point.

Even if it's rated good, it doesn't look very reassuring from the pictures. Usually you don't see the front driver wheel crushed up against the firewall. Usually the panel where the door starts never usually has a dent or seen anything else damage wise, go past that point.

Heres the Mustang Coupe that doesn't suffer from what you described:

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=1186

^^^^^^

I defer to the master.....

when you think about it, that was a pretty quick response by the engineering team to get a workable fix out there, I guess Ford really cares about its buyers safety and its good name.......

Whatever it was, I'd think it must have been a simple bolt on, like an extra support bracket or front tower brace or something.

Edited by RangerM