Runaway Camry crashes raise ‘huge red flag’

forddaughter

I feel bad for the injuries and loss of life incurred in these incidents, it's very tragic.

Admittedly I've waited 25 years for this type of press. Automobiles are manufactured using countless parts and assembled by human beings; parts fail and people make mistakes. There is nothing magical or mysterious in the way Toyota makes cars or has ever made cars despite what the car rags have been saying for years. It's been a good run for them but reality eventually sets in. Kool-Aid drinkers and the press have put Asian auto manufacturers on a pedestal that is unrealistic and far from accurate. Since 89' I've owned Ford products and have yet felt I've had a POS experience. I know others on here have had different experiences but I just haven't yet to date.

I want to be diplomatic here, which is difficult for me when it comes to this subject but....Fuck Toyota!!! There, as diplomatic as it gets!

• Like 1

Toyota death

This link is to a story about a fatal accident this weekend in Milwaukee of a runaway 2002 Camry. It would fall into the category of cases that Toyota bought off by hiring an NHTSA investigator. If anything, now every Toyota accident makes crash investigators question if it was a mechanical issue - and continuous bad press for Toyota.

Witnesses said the 2002 Toyota Camry was speeding northbound when it struck at least two poles and a snow bank, became airborne and flipped over, according to the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office. Both victims were wearing seatbelts.

The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash. The 2002 Camry does not appear on the list of vehicles being recalled by Toyota for sticking gas pedals. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's department said, however, that the pedal would be examined along with all mechanical components as standard procedure in the investigation of the crash.

Up here, the slogan is : "Toyota, making things better". I always thought they should add "because the cars we make can't get any worse".

The reality is, there are people out there that have their head buried so far into the sand, it doesn't matter what comes out about Toyota, these people will still think they are God. The less information someone has about the automotive industry, the more likely they are to be driving a Japanese car.

The less information someone has about the automotive industry, the more likely they are to be driving a Japanese car.

That is SO true!

I have a friend who ended up in a Toyota recently because "they never break down." Well, wouldn't you know, it is one of many models now recalled due to SUA.