This just in: Toyota offers to buy Ford Crown Victoria Fleet Cars

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35771583#35771583Looks like

Toyota finally found a brake that works .. a Ford Crown Victoria CHP squad car. Are we going to see these as an optional feature bundled with Toyotas in the future? I hear Ford is looking to offload these vehicles to fleet markets - you think Toyota will bite at the chance to take care of this issue once and for all?

All kidding aside, this story makes me wonder if this guy is making up this story for his 5 minutes of fame. He seemed waaay too relaxed during the interview.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/35771583#35771583Looks like

Toyota finally found a brake that works .. a Ford Crown Victoria CHP squad car. Are we going to see these as an optional feature bundled with Toyotas in the future? I hear Ford is looking to offload these vehicles to fleet markets - you think Toyota will bite at the chance to take care of this issue once and for all?

All kidding aside, this story makes me wonder if this guy is making up this story for his 5 minutes of fame. He seemed waaay too relaxed during the interview.

Well, the way this plan wil work is: Every concerned owner of a suspect Toyota will be given an old CV, with instructions to have a family member or friend drive the CV in front of the owners Toyota whenever it is driven anywhere. If the Toyota has an "acceleration incident", they will have the "safe and with very strong brakes" CV in front of them to limit their speed and stop them.

An elegantly simple solution to a complex problem.

Well, the way this plan wil work is: Every concerned owner of a suspect Toyota will be given an old CV, with instructions to have a family member or friend drive the CV in front of the owners Toyota whenever it is driven anywhere. If the Toyota has an "acceleration incident", they will have the "safe and with very strong brakes" CV in front of them to limit their speed and stop them.

An elegantly simple solution to a complex problem.

:hysterical: LOL, or they can give the Toyota owner a new CV ( complete with fly by wire gas pedal that works :shades: ) as a loaner until they fix the Toy... or the owner figures out the CV is a better and probably more economic car to drive... :doh: