Another Toyota ran out of control.....another one and another one and....

LoveTaurus

CKNSLS excuse counter  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Check a box if CKNSLS responds to YOUR post with one of the following

• 'They're old'
    • 'They're handicapped'
    • 'The police don't know what they're talking about'
    • 'This happens to other manufacturers'
    • 'I defended the Ford Explorer'
    • 'This is a witch hunt'
    • 'let me answer that question with a question'/evasive answer
    • 'Not a recalled vehicle'
    • 'I'm not saying there's not a problem'

I would love the black boxes to be looked at as well. But "mature people" running in to fixed objects happens ALL THE TIME. I know you guys watch the nightly news too. It's to the point now where any Toyota that crashes it going to get splattered all over the news/internet.

You other guys have to know some of these cases are "suspect" and the cops don't have the expertise to make the call. Some of these people want some cash....don't you think?

some yes...all no....

See my earlier post. Why are the ones' that crash always lean towards "mature age" status?

Regardless of how much of this is pedal misapplication and how much of it is something else, Toyota has completely lost control of this issue. ANY Toyota that hits anything from a fire hydrant to a fence post is going to end up front page news.

Why?

Because Toyota has basically poured gasoline on the fire with how they've handled this. They've made a total botch of it.

And they're paying the price.

• Like 1

Of course your right dean, before ford sold CV's and GM's to old people they showed them the manual in case.....oh wait..LOL!

I guess old people only drive toyota's, hence, it's not toyota's fault, it's the old people!

Brilliant CKNSLS! You've given toyota the latest "misdirection" to perform. It's the people..floor mats...gas pedals...old people...but it's NOT the computor or electronic's damn it! LOL!!

• Like 1

Holly Hill couple dead after Toyota crashes 12 Mar 2010

HOLLY HILL, SC (WCSC) - A group of Holly Hill neighbors gathered on the side of the road Thursday evening with heavy hearts...... In the early evening, some 10 hours later, there wasn't any wreckage left behind, but what you did notice was an ominous sign -- the owner's manual for a 2009 Toyota Camry.

Click --> wistv 10 News

Camry Complaint - Latest News 12 Mar 2010

CALIFORNIA - Both federal investigators and engineers from Toyota are still trying to figure out what caused a Prius to accelerate out of control. Now officials say they have a similar report from a car that is not even included in Toyota's recall.

Ruth Heit drove the Camry in question. She says, "It just took off and it went over 80, I would say it was going over 90 . . . I was like freaking out . . .

Click --> wmdt 47 ABC News

Camry Complaint - Latest News 12 Mar 2010

CALIFORNIA - Both federal investigators and engineers from Toyota are still trying to figure out what caused a Prius to accelerate out of control. Now officials say they have a similar report from a car that is not even included in Toyota's recall.

Ruth Heit drove the Camry in question. She says, "It just took off and it went over 80, I would say it was going over 90 . . . I was like freaking out . . .

Click --> wmdt 47 ABC News

Oh come on. Her name is Ruth. She must be old. Blame it on her age. :poke:

Toyota Tacoma Crashes Into Delivery Truck Behind Ralph's 12 Mar 2010

San Clemente, CA A collision between a delivery semi-truck and a Toyota Tacoma was reported at around 8:21 a.m. today near the intersection of El Camino Real and Avenida Cadiz in San Clemente.

A Harbor Distributing LLC driver (at this time known only as Ricky) was making a delivery to the Ralph’s supermarket at 903 South El Camino Real when a southbound-traveling Toyota Tacoma entered the delivery drive behind the store and crashed into the cargo box of the semi. The impact wedged the Tacoma underneath the cargo box trapping the injured driver inside......

Click --> San clemente times

Car’s 2d owner finds trouble, too

Safety agency to revisit ’03 complaint about Lexus 12 Mar 2010

Not long after buying his used Lexus in 2003, Mark Pinnock discovered that the luxury sedan’s motor sometimes raced on its own, twice causing fender-benders. A mechanic friend told him it was a quirk of its powerful eight-cylinder engine.

Click --> The Boston Globe

Stark County: Driver says Toyota wouldn't stop, slammed into building 11 Mar 2010 Morning

PERRY TOWNSHIP -- The Perry Township police are investigating why a 2006 Toyota Sienna didn't stop when the driver applied the brakes, and slammed into the side of a Walgreen's here.

Click --> wkyc 3 news

Edited by LoveTaurus

Yep, Toyota. Keep staging demonstrations to -prove- that it's NOT electronics.

In 50 years time folk will still be talking about how Toyota cocked up its reputation, it is in tatters Richard.

Toyoda said the recalls will fix the problem, but they have not you can't keep blaming it on the mats pedals that you have replaced forever Richardhysterical.gif

Longer it goes on the the bigger the hole Toyoda digging to bury Yota in.

Wonder how long Toyota will keep shit bare bones electronic system they use on their gas pedal gets a total redesign.

Every thing used on aircraft these days has three tripple core pulse sensors in a single body with a least minumum two position sensors feeding back to double duel channel computers just as a very basic system, they normally interface in arinc with lots of other computers more probes in bigger aircraft. Toyota's drive-by-wire system looks like its come out the stone age it does not have much system redundancy, not much thats failsafe, no comparing of data between computers, or fault storage going on within in its system at all.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds
  • Like 1

Toyota Camry races down Main Street after accelerator sticks 12 Mar 2010

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. — A trip down London’s Main Street Tuesday became terrifying for a Corbin family, when their Toyota Camry accelerated uncontrollably for more than four blocks before stopping near London Elementary School.

Click --> Sentinel-Echo

From the article: "London Police Lt. Stewart Walker said 68-year-old Ada Perry and three passengers were traveling north on Main Street when the car’s accelerator stuck." :stirpot:

I'm curious to see if CR pulls their recommendation of the Prius now that it appears to be affected too. They made a big stink recently about how great the Prius is and how it's not affected by the recalls or other problems. Whoops!!!

Gotta love those data coming from subscribers who only drive the vehicles you recommend. Very sound protocol you have there CR. :slap:

Many of the posters on the CR site do not believe these runaway vehicles have issues related to Toyota. Instead they believe the issues are "driver" related (regardless of who or age) as in putting the foot on the wrong pedal. There are several links in the CR site on what to do in an sudden acceleration event and frequent advise to practice in the parking lot now. These posters are also using the Ford cruise control and Firestone tire issue in an attempt to minimize the effect on the Toyota brand.

This link indicates the CR recommendations for recalled Toyotas may occur soon: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/01/consumer-reports-may-restore-toyota-recommended-ratin Prius is still on the recommended list.

Local man's Toyota speeds out of control 14 Mar 2010

FREDERICK, Md. - For weeks we've heard about accelerator problems spurring Toyota's 8 Million vehicle recall. One local man says it happened to him when his 2010 Toyota Corolla sped out of control in rush hour traffic and he couldn't stop it.

Click --> WTOP news

Edited by LoveTaurus

Sesser woman says Camry gas pedal is to blame for crash 15 Mar 2010

WEST CITY, IL (KFVS) - A Sesser woman now awaits a visit from a Toyota engineer to look at her 2007 Camry.

West City Police say the woman was trying to park her car when the acceleration pedal would not come up.

Heartland News spoke with 82-year-old Anna Mae Chapman, who is doing well after the accident.

Click --> kfvs12 Heartland News