Another Toyota ran out of control.....another one and another one and....

LoveTaurus

CKNSLS excuse counter  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Check a box if CKNSLS responds to YOUR post with one of the following

• 'They're old'
    • 'They're handicapped'
    • 'The police don't know what they're talking about'
    • 'This happens to other manufacturers'
    • 'I defended the Ford Explorer'
    • 'This is a witch hunt'
    • 'let me answer that question with a question'/evasive answer
    • 'Not a recalled vehicle'
    • 'I'm not saying there's not a problem'

Viewer loses control of his Toyota Prius 8 April 2010

"When the accident occurred, it was instantaneous. We had no advance warning, whatsoever."

Chuck says there was a boy directing him into a parking space up against a small mound of dirt.

"The car just accelerated, went over the berm, and at that time we did hit that young man."

Click --> azcentral 12 News

Toyota Highlander plows into Hanover store 8 April 2010

HANOVER, Mass. -- A Toyota Highlander slammed in a store in Hanover on Thursday.

Myette’s Country Store owner Tracy Brown said the SUV landed in the office of her store.

"He thought his accelerator got stuck. He said he could not stop the car his accelerator got stuck,” Kevin Brown said.

Click --> whdh 7 News

HANOVER, Mass. -- A Toyota Highlander slammed in a store in Hanover on Thursday.

Myette’s Country Store owner Tracy Brown said the SUV landed in the office of her store.

"He thought his accelerator got stuck. He said he could not stop the car his accelerator got stuck,” Kevin Brown said.

Click --> whdh 7 News

If you look at picture #6 and 7 there are other indicators that other factors MAY at play. I won't suggest what they are....but look REAL CLOSELY at pictures 6 and 7 from the link.

Edited by CKNSLS

If you look at picture #6 there are other indicators that other factors MAY at play. I won't suggest what they are....but look REAL CLOSELY at pictures 6 from the link.

And this Camry is several years old and then have been no reports of SUA on this model year.

This post is really witch hunting.....

Edited by CKNSLS

Click --> whdh 7 News

"Police have not confirmed if that's really what caused the Hanover crash. "

They cannot confirm it...they don't have the software reader. Only the Feds and/or Toyota can.

I saw a toyota with a flat tire yesterday [cknsls response] BBBBBUT IT WAS AN OLD PERSON SO THEY PROBABLY RAN OVER SOMETHING BECAUSE THEIR OLD!!

Give it up, your beyond sickening.

(of course now he'll come back with EVERYBODY ON HERE WOULD BLAME IT ON TOYOTA'S SUA) Yeah, whatever.....waa waa waa

Everybody has sua reported, toyota is WELL beyond the norm. Get over it.

CKNSLS, why don't you make a commercial for Toyota:

"At Toyota, we make fantastic cars for everybody, except old people, stupid people, handicaped people. You guys should not buy a Toyota, you guys are nothing but trouble."

If you look at picture #6 there are other indicators that other factors MAY at play. I won't suggest what they are....but look REAL CLOSELY at pictures 6 from the link.

And this Camry is several years old and then have been no reports of SUA on this model year.

This post is really witch hunting.....

Just by saying that a handicap parking tag may play a role in this crash is admitting you believe that to be true. My 76 year old dad drives around with one of those same tags because he has a bum left knee from an injury he sustained in the army back in the 50s and also because my mom has advanced Alzheimer's disease (she does not drive anymore obviously). Neither of them have ever been involved in a crash like any of these whether driving a Toyota or non-Toyota vehicle so I find it very difficult to believe anything you have to say and frankly am offended that you insist on degrading the handicapped this way. Sure there are some older folks that shouldn't be driving and we do have to chalk some of these up to that fact. However there is nothing, other than another blindly written comment from a moronic reader, in that article that suggests the driver was elderly that I could find. Are you trying to tell us that all people who visit hair salons with handicap parking tags are elderly and can't drive? What if the driver was an elderly person's son or daughter? Or even crazier to you and those like you, what if the driver isn't elderly at all? Who was driving the older modle Taurus parked in front of the salon? Were they elderly too? Why didn't the Taurus end up in the salon too? I mean, that had to be an old person driving that Taurus right? Oh wait, I know why the Taurus didn't end up IN the salon like the Camry did. Because it doesn't have poorly designed gas/brake pedals and/or PCM modules that's why!!!!!

You Toyota defenders are getting sicker by the minute trying to defend all of these reports. Just let it go for crying out loud because it is what it is and none of you are going to change it with your elderly driver conspiracy theories.

Your official CKNSLS excuse form

[_] They're old.

[_] 50 is old. They're old.

[_] They're handicapped. That means they're incompetent.

[_] The police don't know what they're talking about

[_] The feds don't know what they're talking about

[_] This happens to other manufacturers.

[_] I defended the Ford Explorer!

[_] This is a witch hunt

[_] Let me answer your question with another question.

• Like 2

[_] They're old.

[_] This is a witch hunt

:hysterical:

Oh, it's a good thing I'm the only one in the office today.

[_] They're old.

[_] This is a witch hunt

you forgot one...and there are BILLIONS more of them on the road than all other manufacturers combined......

[_] They're old.

[_] This is a witch hunt

What about all of the above?

Oh, it's a good thing I'm the only one in the office today.

As you can see, I've turned it into an official poll.

You can't vote more than once (unfortunately), so going forward, please check a box whenever YOUR post is responded to by one of those excuses. Let's see if we can get some idea of their relative frequency.

[_] They're old.

[_] This is a witch hunt

actually its quite brilliant how Toyota honed and fine tuned their/ this target audience...based on their sales numbers its HUGE!

actually its quite brilliant how Toyota honed and fine tuned their/ this target audience...based on their sales numbers its HUGE!

I never said the Feds didn't know what they are talking about...some local police...absolutely......not the Feds.

Just by saying that a handicap parking tag may play a role in this crash is admitting you believe that to be true. My 76 year old dad drives around with one of those same tags because he has a bum left knee from an injury he sustained in the army back in the 50s and also because my mom has advanced Alzheimer's disease (she does not drive anymore obviously). Neither of them have ever been involved in a crash like any of these whether driving a Toyota or non-Toyota vehicle so I find it very difficult to believe anything you have to say and frankly am offended that you insist on degrading the handicapped this way. Sure there are some older folks that shouldn't be driving and we do have to chalk some of these up to that fact. However there is nothing, other than another blindly written comment from a moronic reader, in that article that suggests the driver was elderly that I could find. Are you trying to tell us that all people who visit hair salons with handicap parking tags are elderly and can't drive? What if the driver was an elderly person's son or daughter? Or even crazier to you and those like you, what if the driver isn't elderly at all? Who was driving the older modle Taurus parked in front of the salon? Were they elderly too? Why didn't the Taurus end up in the salon too? I mean, that had to be an old person driving that Taurus right? Oh wait, I know why the Taurus didn't end up IN the salon like the Camry did. Because it doesn't have poorly designed gas/brake pedals and/or PCM modules that's why!!!!!

You Toyota defenders are getting sicker by the minute trying to defend all of these reports. Just let it go for crying out loud because it is what it is and none of you are going to change it with your elderly driver conspiracy theories.

Sorry about your Mom...Alzheimer's is a terrible disease...it's the pits.

However, no one is degrading the Handicap, the elderly, etc., etc. All I am saying is being handicap COULD POSSIBLY be a factor as much as being in your 70s, 80s, or 90s, and not having the reaction times, or getting the pedals confused. This post is witch hunting because that particular model Camry has been around for years with the fleet having MILLIONS OF MILES with no SUA reported. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN POSTED IN THE FIRST PLACE AND SHOWS THE BIAS BY WHOMEVER POSTED IT!

Edited by CKNSLS

I added numbers to save time. From here on just use the number that corresponds to the excuse.

1. They're old.

2. 50 is old. They're old.

3. They're handicapped. That means they're incompetent.

4a. The police don't know what they're talking about

4b. The feds don't know what they're talking about

5. This happens to other manufacturers.

6. I defended the Ford Explorer!

7. This is a witch hunt

42. Let me answer your question with another question.

• Like 1