No more fishing?

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

"Now we see NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and the administration planning the future of recreational fishing access in America based on a similar agenda of these same groups and other Big Green anti-use organizations, through an Executive Order by the President. The current U.S. direction with fishing is a direct parallel to what happened in Canada with hunting: The negative economic impacts on hard-working American families and small businesses are being ignored.

"In spite of what we hear daily in the press about the President's concern for jobs and the economy and contrary to what he stated in the June order creating this process, we have seen no evidence from NOAA or the task force that recreational fishing and related jobs are receiving any priority."

Unless more anglers speak up to their Congressional representatives so their input will be considered, it appears the task force will issue a final report for "marine spatial planning" by late March. President Barack Obama then could possibly issue an Executive Order to implement its recommendations.

Led by NOAA's Jane Lubchenco, the task force has shown no overt dislike of recreational angling. As ESPN previously reported, WWF, Greenpeace, Defenders of Wildlife, Pew Environment Group and others produced a document entitled "Transition Green" shortly after Obama was elected in 2008.

What has happened since suggests that the task force has been in lockstep with that position paper, according to Morlock.

In late summer, just after the administration created the task force, these groups produced "Recommendations for the Adoption and Implementation of an Oceans, Coasts, and Great Lakes National Policy." This document makes repeated references to "overfishing," but doesn't reference recreational angling, its importance, and its benefits, both to participants and the resource.

Additionally, some of these same organizations have revealed their anti-fishing bias with their attempts to ban tackle containing lead in the United States and Canada.

Also, recreational angling and commercial fishing have been lumped together as harmful to the resource, despite protests by the angling industry.

Morlock's evidence of collusion -- the green groups began clamoring for an Executive Order to implement the task force's recommendations even before the public comment period ended in February.

On Feb. 12, the New York Times reported on that "President Obama and his team are preparing an array of actions using his executive power to advance energy, environmental, fiscal and other domestic policy priorities."

Morlock fears that "what we're seeing coming at us is an attempted dismantling of the science-based fish and wildlife model that has served us so well. There's no basis in science for the agendas of these groups who are trying to push the public out of being able to fish and recreate.

"Conflicts (user) are overstated and problems are manufactured. It's all just an excuse to put us off the water."

In the wake of the task force's framework document, the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (CSF) and its partners in the U.S. Recreational Fishing & Boating Coalition again voiced their concerns to the administration.

"Some of the potential policy implications of this interim framework have the potential to be a real threat to recreational anglers who not only contribute billions of dollars to the economy and millions of dollars in tax revenues to support fisheries conservation, but who are also the backbone of the American fish and wildlife conservation ethic," said CSF President Jeff Crane.

Don't go challenging Sprinter's paranoia and Obama derangement with facts. :hysterical:

Snoops is nothing more than a LIBERAL California man and his wife.

Uh, maybe you should read some of the other articles written on the subject linked at the bottom of the espn "editorial"

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/columns/story?columnist=bowman_steve&id=4982359

Bottom line: the rules are being changed to eliminate public input. Again, the Obama administration is acting like GOD and is above us mere serfs. Given the liberal stance on environmentalism, I personally believe fishing could become against the law.

The spring bear hunt was banned in Ontario. This affected many businesses that catered to the hunters, and has resulted in an overpopulation of black bears.

Thats Ontario NOT Canada.

Not our fault you choose to live in one of the most screwed up Provinces in the country.

Wildlife Management is under the direction of the Provinces and NOT the Feds it is a Provincial resource therefor it falls under the jurisdiction of the of the Province in question..

Almost every Species in Alberta is open for hunting either though draw or an open season. The exceptions are endangered and at risk species. You can hunt wild Buffalo here, I think the last place in NA where this can be done. Even Prong Horn Antelope can be had with a draw.

Do not apply your skewed view from living in Ont to the rest of the Country as seems so typical of many living in Ont.

Ontario is NOT Canada

Matthew

Don't go challenging Sprinter's paranoia and Obama derangement with facts. :hysterical:

More fear mongering from Sprinter! This is what I wonder: the administration is getting ready to issue plans for a new ocean policy to protect fisheries; you know the things that recreational fishers want protected so they can keep fishing? Is it possible that those who oppose such measures are trying to spread a false rumor to inflame the fisher community and get them to oppose a policy before it's even issued?

For clarification, you can still hunt bears in Ontario....just not in the spring...and there's probably a reason for it.

Ironically, It was the Conservative government of Mike Harris that ended the spring bear hunt. It was more of a bait and shoot than a hunt. However unfair it was to the bears, it appears that it was necessary to control the bear population. It was also good for the tourism business in areas that have high unemployment. I guess that Harris was going for the bleeding heart vote.

Thats Ontario NOT Canada.

Not our fault you choose to live in one of the most screwed up Provinces in the country.

Wildlife Management is under the direction of the Provinces and NOT the Feds it is a Provincial resource therefor it falls under the jurisdiction of the of the Province in question..

Almost every Species in Alberta is open for hunting either though draw or an open season. The exceptions are endangered and at risk species. You can hunt wild Buffalo here, I think the last place in NA where this can be done. Even Prong Horn Antelope can be had with a draw.

Do not apply your skewed view from living in Ont to the rest of the Country as seems so typical of many living in Ont.

Ontario is NOT Canada

Matthew

Alberta. Does anyone in the States know where that is? How about Toronto? If every Albertan packed a 30-06 and went into the woods shooting everything in sight, they wouldn't even make a dent. The place isn't even explored yet. Without oil, there would be no people, except for the odd (pun intended) woodsman.

Alberta. Does anyone in the States know where that is? How about Toronto? If every Albertan packed a 30-06 and went into the woods shooting everything in sight, they wouldn't even make a dent. The place isn't even explored yet. Without oil, there would be no people, except for the odd (pun intended) woodsman.

I do, but then again, a third of my family lives in Canada.

I do, but then again, a third of my family lives in Canada.

For some reason, Matthew has a hate on for Ontario. I have never been to Alberta. but I hear it is a beautiful place. So is Ontario. Every place that I have ever been has it's beauty, even New Jersey...beautiful place. I live on the outskirts of Hamilton. Hamilton is a steel city. Half of it is up on an escarpment. Some of the most beautiful nature trails in Canada can be found along the escarpment, and along the Bay at the western end of Lake Ontario.

For some reason, Matthew has a hate on for Ontario. I have never been to Alberta. but I hear it is a beautiful place. So is Ontario. Every place that I have ever been has it's beauty, even New Jersey...beautiful place. I live on the outskirts of Hamilton. Hamilton is a steel city. Half of it is up on an escarpment. Some of the most beautiful nature trails in Canada can be found along the escarpment, and along the Bay at the western end of Lake Ontario.

Hamilton has come along way to cleaning up least you can't walk across Hamilton Harbor on the polution any any more.

But it is still crowded and smoggy and that goes for all of southern Ontario. Once get up north of Marathon Then you are in some gorgeous unspoiled country.

Most of the rest of the southern part of the province has been wrecked by over development.

Yes Ontario is a beautiful province Scenery wise.

I would not call the Escapement trails nature trials they are more of paths between farms.

They can not hold a candle to some of the Hiking trails in the foothils the Cardinal range or the Rocky's

But I digress.

Believe me there is no love lost with me for the Province of Ontario. I was born there and grew up there and still have family there . So it is not like I do not know the province.

The people for the most are great and many of them are as disillusioned and generally pissed off at the state affairs there, but twice as many are moron sheep.

Ontario has mismanagement it's finances and the province in general and made poor decisions in electing Federal politicians it's pretty much the reason for Canada not being in a better position than it is.

Since Ontario for years and years determained who ran the nation.

Ontario power brokering and influences in Ottawa have pretty much screwed up the nation, made Quebec a forever welfare Province and crippled other provinces economy's for decades.

Unlike Saskatchewan or Manitoba or even B.C, Alberta has been shafted more than any other Western Province and more than any other province in general due to decisions made in Ottawa to protect Ontario Industry.

I could give you a list that would blow your mind..

Alberta and Saskatchewan were the only provinces not given control over their natural resources upon joining Canada in 1905 it went under federal jurisdiction, a direct violation of the Dominion Act. Further more the Feds were buying the mineral rights from the Down and out Farmers in the depression who owned the land before Confederation, they were doing it under the guise of "helping them out" The Alberta Gov't put such a big stink over it. that feds finally SOLD the provincial mineral rights to the province of Alberta in the early 1930's thinking they were of no great value any way.

Later they transferred Saskatchewan's to them as they should have never had them in the first place. No the Gov't of Sask did not have to buy them.

Ontario likes to brag about they carried Alberta through the great depression and Alberta owes Ontario a debt of gratitude for that.

What a Crock of BS that is Alberta was forced to Default on it's debts During the great Depression As Ottawa REFUSED to Back the Alberta's Debt some thing it was supposed to do and did for every other province in the country. Alberta WAS Forced to take out a raft of loans to keep the province afloat. Alberta Defaulted again when the Loans matured from 1939 to 1946. The Only province that has ever been allowed to default was Alberta. NO OTHER PROVINCE IN THE NATION HAS BEEN FORCED TO DEFUALT ON LOANS.

Should a province go into default, the federal government is supposed to essentially make the payments. This practice is common, with the federal government backing the debt of various provinces and other national and provincial entities, such as CMHC,Ontario Hydro ect . The Eastern (Ontario) Elected Gov't let Alberta default.

Ontario and the rest of Canada in general did Jack to help Alberta during the Great Depression and then did bugger all again when the loans taken out to cover the expenses of the great Depression matured.

Canada has Given nothing to the province of Alberta. When the shit hit the fan were hung out to dry. And were shafted for having to buy resource rights that legally belonged to the province in the first place.

Further more The Canadian government, through equalization and transfer payments, has taken over one half a TRILLION dollars from Albertans. $5,000,000,000 That is the cost of Alberta staying in Canada.

That is equivalent to ALL of Canada's NATIONAL DEBT.

Money taken from resources that Alberta was forced TO BUY from the feds.

Unlike other province who's resources were gifted to or had upon entering confederation. Alberta had to BUY theirs.

Nice racket sell the resources then steal billions of dollars from them,

But none of this would not really be an issue if it had not been for.........

Protectionist Tariffs:

Alberta and Western Canada Industry in general was at a huge disadvantage as we had to buy much higher priced Ontario Manufactured goods. And could not Buy lower cost U.S made ones.

Multiple times the western provinces asked for an exemption on farm equipment so Farmers could by American Equipment that was manufactured much closer. As they were at a huge disadvantage cause they HAD to Sell their Wheat at a fixed price to the Canadian Wheat Board. Unlike Ontario Farmers that could sell their produce on the open market. This is part of the reason Sask and Man traditionally had such large debts.

1968-1988, the net cost of tariffs to the West was over $5.7 billion. Over the same period, the gain from protectionism was $6.8 billion in Ontario.

Oil Industry Development:

Canadian banks rejected the proposals of Albertans to develop Alberta's struggling oil industry in the 1930s and 1940s. The Canadian government also rejected assistance at a time when millions and millions were being poured in to Ontario.

It was American oil companies and financiers that helped develop Alberta's emerging oil patch. Canada (the feds) have not contributed ONE CENT to the Development of the Oil industry here. Not one single penny.

Albertans with their own tax dollars through organizations like the ARC (Alberta Research Counsel) And American investment have built the Oil Industry here. The Feds have not contributed a penny. But they coughed up Hundreds and hundreds of millions for Ontario Industry during the same time period.

If all Canadians and Canada were the ones who developed the oil industry in Alberta, Canadian ownership would have been much higher and Canadianization would not have been a stated purpose of the N.E.P. (National Energy Program) Which we know was bull shit reason for it. It was a cash grab. To fund more Ontario industry and the Quebec welfare state. I can not fault the east coasters they have/had nothing and got shafted almost as bad Western Canada and but at least got their arses out here to help built the facilities.

Pre NEP:

The federal government imposed an export tax on more than one million barrels of oil per day which Alberta was selling to the U.S.. in the mid late 70's

Ironically, the reason Alberta exported its crude is because federal and Ontario Government continuously denied the Alberta request for pipelines to be extended to Montreal. Quebec wanted it Western Canada wanted it the only province bucking it was Ont. But their influence in Ottawa was enough to shelve it.

That is why there was a large refining base in Montreal at one time it was in anticipation of a pipeline. Trudeau actually imposed a moratorium that prohibited the sale of Western Crude Oil east of the Manitoba Boarder later on to finally put the issue to rest.

NEP:

The National Energy Program, the feds decided it was good idea to partly nationalize the oil industry and limit foreign investment with over 10 times the federal resource cash grab as an added bonus. This program was ONLY directed at the Oil Industry do not let the "Energy" part of it fool you

This decimated the economy of Alberta for nearly 20 years , and transferred billions from Alberta to the Feds where it was used to prop up Quebec and Ontario. The huge investments made in Ontario and Quebec in the early 80's were done with dollars from the NEP.

The result of the NEP was Alberta going from boom to a bust over night literally as American investment and companies were forced out. Alberta experienced nearly 20 years of near double digit unemployment due to the NEP. It took more than decade to gain back the confidence of American Investors after the NEP and it even then it was only the instability in the middle east that pushed them back here.

Again Alberta GOT NO financial assistance from the feds during that period and they still pulled billions out of the province to fund eastern industry things like Ontario Nuke Plants and Quebec hydro electric facilities while Alberta floundered and ran up the highest per capita provincial debt in the nation. It is estimated the NEP and fall out from it cost Alberta $100,000,000 (in 1980 dollars) in lost revenue.

It finally took the Alberta premier threatening to stop all oil exports out of the Province that finally got the NEP repealed

Bill C-68:

That was rammed down all Canadians throats due to things like Ontario anti Gun lobbying and that waste of skin Allan Rock anouther Ontario elected politician. Albertans have the highest percapita fire arm ownership in the nation. It was such a sticking point here the province actually refused to prosecute individuals under Bill C-68, Klein said there was no way we are going to pay for policing or prosecuting individuals under Bill C-68. It Forced those cases to be heard in the Court of Queens bench and paid for by the feds. And they had to pick up the Policing of the RCMP for those cases.

Fortunately we now have a mostly Western elected Conservative Gov't that wants to repeal the long gun registration that has not saved one single life. The $1,000,000,000 wasted on long gun registration would have been better spent on cancer research or a cure for AIDS.

Then maybe that money might have actually saved one life.

Now once we have Ontario again supporting a tax and spend federal Liberal party that wants to basically decimate the Alberta Economy once more. Things like Dions Green Shift policy and now Ignatieffs carbon policy's that would make the post NEP years look like a cake walk.

Further more to this day the Feds can't kick in a few buck in to the Alberta Oil Sands to help research ways to lower Carbon Emission's for things like carbon sequestering research that will benefit the whole nation, without Ontario and their elected Liberals screaming foul. Apparently they feel like their industries and province are the only one/s entitled to handouts.

Alberta owes it's prosperity not to Canada but to the determination, foresight, sacrifices and hard work of the people of Alberta.

Alberta has kicked up hundreds of billions of dollars from a resources THAT ALBERTA HAD TO BUY THE RIGHTS TOO, to help fund investment in Ontario and Canada in general. And then Ontario has the balls to whine about the fact that their econmy is a mess and Alberta has no sales tax or Provincial debt and has the highest standard of living in the nation and should be contributing more. Albertans in general say not f@#*ing likely, we owe nothing to Canada we bought and paid for those resources and solicited and provided the funding for the R&D with NO help from the rest of the nation..

So ya Albertans gets a bit pissy about our Oil revenues and generally would just like to tell Ontraio to shut the f@$* up already. We did it on our own, what the hell is your problem?

We paid for the mineral rights, We solicited the investors, We developed the technology, and all of this was done WITH OUT ANY FEDERAL DOLLARS. Plus we suffered through several pieces of legislation implimented by eastern elected federal Govt's designed to limit development cripple investment and just generally screw up the industry.

Alberta is the only Province that has not received hand out after hand out nor did Alberta get any support from the rest of the nation during it's darkest hours.

It is not enough Ontrario screwed up their own province and have to tried F up the rest of the nation by electing morons and supporting stupid legislation...They whine that Alberta should pay more. So yes I have a bit of piss off with the province of Ontario

I can tell you this if any future Eastern elected Fed Gov't tries to pull anouther NEP or similar stupid program there is good chance we will be outta here.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

See Trim, told you. Alberta forgets that it lives here with 9 other provinces, and they get mad because they're rich and so hard done by. I'm not sympathetic. A province that has a per capita GDP almost twice that of most others that comes as a result of two single resources has no reason to complain. Alberta has god far more out of the Canada that created it than some Albertan will ever admit to, and Albertans are the most patriotic Canadians according to recent polls. I'm not too worried about them leaving, but I do wish they'd play nicer.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Hamilton has come along way to cleaning up least you can't walk across Hamilton Harbor on the polution any any more.

But it is still crowded and smoggy and that goes for all of southern Ontario.

Yeah, Ontario wishes it had all the issues with sour gas poisoing children and livestock.

See Trim, told you. Alberta forgets that it lives here with 9 other provinces, and they get mad because they're rich and so hard done by. I'm not sympathetic. A province that has a per capita GDP almost twice that of most others that comes as a result of two single resources has no reason to complain. Alberta has god far more out of the Canada that created it than some Albertan will ever admit to, and Albertans are the most patriotic Canadians according to recent polls. I'm not too worried about them leaving, but I do wish they'd play nicer.

Oh we do not forget we live with 9 other provinces believe me. 9 other provinces that have got to live by a different set of rules who unfortunately have not played very nice with Alberta.

And there in lies the whole problem.

Alberta has gotten the short end of stick repeatedly and has had more revenue sucked out of the province by legislation directly aimed at Alberta Industry than most of the rest of the nation combined.

If Alberta had been treated with same respect and had been able to play by the same set of rules as the other provinces there would be no issue at all. But such has not been the case.

Alberta has received NO federal dollars to develop the Oil industry here yet we pay a higher percentage of resources revenue than ANY OTHER Oil producing Province in the Nation. ALL OF WHOM have received federal dollars to help develop their Oil Industry.

Even at that Alberta overcame and managed to become "a province that has a per capita GDP almost twice that of most others " so there is no sympathy here for the other whining welfare cases in the country.

With the exception of some of Atlantic Canada and Manitoba there is NO REASON FOR ANY PROVINCE in this country to have a provincial debt.

Why is Ontario the most resource rich province in the nation by a large margin with a massive manufacturing base perpetually in debt ? Why is Québec that has the equivalent primary industry to of all of Prairie Provinces combined a perpetual welfare State? Quebec alone has sucked some 500 billion more out of Canada more than they paid in. Wanna know where the federal debt came from ? Look no further than Quebec.

During most of all the1990's the Oil Sands were losing money on every single barrel of oil they produced, in most of the 90's it cost on average $16 a barrel to produce a barrel of crude form the oil sands a time when oil prices hovered between $15 and $9 a barrel Where was the help from Ottawa? Were resource transfer payments temporarily reduced ? Nope . Were federal dollars used to help prop up the industry and insure Alberta jobs like had been done with the Ontario manufacturing sector or Atlantic Canada or Quebec ? You have to be kidding. Alberta did not get a penny nor were transfer payments reduced and in fact the Feds were still trying to make Alberta pay more, the billions upon billions of resource revenue sent to Ottawa when Alberta had the highest percapita debt in the nation were not enough apparently.

Even at that Alberta balanced the budget and managed to pay down it's debt and lower taxes during a provincial recession when oil and NG prices were at record lows while the Province was subsidizing the oil industry so they could keep their doors open,

So what the hell is the issue with the rest of the nation?

In the 90's there were several electronic hardware manufactures looking at Alberta to possibly start microchip and semi conductor manufacturing here due the availability of extremely high grade silica from the Oil Sands. Alberta and the tech companies (one of whom was Intel) bucked up several millions of dollars to start the process and when the province and the industry approached the Feds about getting funds to help establish the industry here. A time when the feds were dumping millions upon millions in to Ontario manufacturing trying to keep it competitive with U.S and Offshore manufacturing. What was the answer to the request? Well are microchips and semi conductors built in Alberta? We all know the answer to that. To add insult to injury afterwards the feds and the Ontario Gov't approached these same companies about setting up shop in Southern Ontario. That was not the first nor the last time soemthing like happened.

The advantage of this situation is Alberta has realized that we CAN NOT rely on Canada for much of anything , and have to be self reliant .The situation was so bad Alberta set up it's own forgein trade office since the Federal dept was doing sqaut for Alberta. Alberta had offices in China the States the EU and Russia and a satalite office in Austrialia. Our provinical forgien trades offices generated more buissness for Alberta industry than the Feds had in the all the years Alberta has been part of Canada.

From a purely cynical standpoint Alberta gets and has gained almost nothing from being part of Canada. and has lost revenue & high tech and other sector manufacturing and jobs because of it. No financial support when times were bad and the creditors were knocking on the door, no industry development support, no breaks on resource revenue transfers when the industry and the province were on the rocks.

Yup we live with 9 other provinces but sure do not get to play by the same set of rules.

Albertans have NEVER in the history of the province re-elected a provincial party to legislature after they screwing up and got turfed.

Albertans have long memories and do not forget these kind of things.

Yes we are proud Canadians and some of the most loyal, and have put Canada at the fore front globally in many technical arenas we have put more in to this nation than most other provinces combined.

But we are also Proud Albertans and do not think that we are not Albertan first And Canadians second. Sort of like the those Québécois types.

Canada has made it quite clear that we are not deserving of the same things or treatment as the rest of the nation.

Do not think if push comes to shove that Alberta will not pack up and go. And unlike Quebec Alberta actually has the means to be self supporting and prosperous. We are "Strong And Free" and will do what it takes to remain that way.

So maybe instead of whining that Alberta "has a per capita GDP almost twice that of most others" try to understand why we have that and the reasons why we are generally pissed about the whole situation and start working towards to levelling the playing field across the nation, (Something Harper has tried and is trying to do) maybe if the enabling of provinces that could not manage a corner store came to an end and were left no choice but to buck up and get things order, maybe if Alberta industry were able to get the same Federal dollars for R&D and emerging technical and manufactring fields that other provinces regularly get. Then Alberta and Albertans would be more willing participants, and have no issue forking more resource revenue to the rest nation. But until that happens forget about it, hands off our resource revenue. We paid for it we developed it and done it WITH NO HELP from the rest of Canada. I mean really what makes other provinces feel like they have some entitlement to our resource revenue when the other provinces and Canada in genral sure as the hell did not help us get to where we are and in fact did just about everything to they could to prevent it.

As long as attitudes like yours remain Alberta will always be at odds with most of Canada.

Matthew

Addendum

What you do not relize SUV through no fault of your own as you were only a kid at the time.

Is during the 1990's when this province was on the rocks and had an out of control debt and was supporting the Oil industry. There were no guarentees that Ottawa would back the province if it defualted and there hints made Ottawa would not step. Especailly since the last times the province defualted Ottawa did not step up.

The current government of the time slashed and burned the provincal budget to get it in the black. Every single dept was cut to the bone and deeper.

Infastructure maitenance came to stop and only work that would keep structures from falling down was permited. It was only in 2004 -2005 that we caught up on the lack of mait from those years.

Health care was slashed to the bone and amputations made, hospitals were closed patinets were interhospital tranasferred in taxi cabs if stable many many many items were delisted from coverage Health care premiums doubled and then trippled.

Welfare was slashed and if you could work and were not working or signed up with the social assistance work program you got nothing.

Gov't wages were frozen and even rolled back.

The province was on the edge of bankrupcy when Klein came in to power. And the feds gave no sign of helping out and refused to scale back resourse transfere payments.

During this whole period Alberta never once received money form Ottawa but had to pay.

The Feds refused to curtail resource revenue payments plus they cut back on health care transfers to the provinces during this time.

The Fed refused to help kick in some cash to help the Oil industry here that in 1994-1995 was on the verge of a total collapse.

The province was left no option but to help them along. For awhile there Alberta was taking in less resource revenue than Ottawa was.

The result of this was Albertans paid for this with thier lives.

People died to inadquate health care or being transferred or even picked up to be brought to hopitals in taxicabs..

These things happend cause Canada/ the federal government Refused to help or even give Alberta a break.

Alberta and Albertans refused to become a perpetual welfare province or a tax and spend province and paid for that with thier lives to prevent it.

You see SUV it is not just a case of rich greedy Albertans wanting more.

Most Albertans that lived here during those years suffered greatly to have a brighter future for themselves and thier children.

With no help from Ottawa or the rest of the nation.

Albertans paid for this prosperity with detrmination ,resolve, suffering and in some cases thier lives.

And as far as we are concerned NO PROVINCE or the nation in general has ANY entitlement to the fruits of our labour or the scarfices made.

This was done with NO hand out or leg up from the rest of the nation.

There has been a history of ignoring Alberta in it's times fo greatest need. And piliging the fruits of it's prosparity when times are good.

It is not as cut and dried as you think.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

Yeah, Ontario wishes it had all the issues with sour gas poisoing children and livestock.

You must be one of Wiebo Ludwig's buddies.

Hydrogen Sulfiide poisoining is not an emmsion issue. But it is big water well issue as many water wells that are not propely tested in Alberta can result in H2S poisining.

Tapping sour gas feilds actually helps reduce the amount of H2S found in water wells in the general proximity.

Too bad the dollars requested from the feds to help speed up the development of tech to reduce H2S emmsions and in water wells were denied.

We can stop the sour gas emsion issue real quick. we can just turn off the tap let the reast of the nation freeze in the dark. Just rember where the NG comes from to heat your home.

Even at that Air quailty in Ft Mac is still better than all of Southern Ontario.

So you can keep the smog and pollution

Matthew