mulally made 17.9m last year

$18 Million a year, and we can't get any money in our plants facilities budget to PM the machines on the weekend, and change some light bulbs that are out.

Yep. Worth every penny.

Did you put in a work order? Similar problem where I work...everyone complains, no one actually does anything about it...always thinking, "The other guy did it...right?"

ADD ON: Great job Alan....you are worth every penny. My stock is doing quite well, thank you.

Edited by twintornados

Did you put in a work order? Similar problem where I work...everyone complains, no one actually does anything about it...always thinking, "The other guy did it...right?"

He's the one who changes the bulbs. He's saying that budget cuts won't allow the work to be scheduled. Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Mulally's salary.

Instead of complaining why don't you go where the light bulbs are kept, get a bulb and change it. Or is that something you are not capable of doing?

How many phychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one.........................but the light bulb has got to want to change.

How many phychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one.........................but the light bulb has got to want to change.

How many UAW lineworkers does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many UAW plant maintenance does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many plant supervisors does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many Glass House executives does it take to change a lightbulb?

How many dealership techs does it take to change a light bulb?

How many dealership service advisors does t take to change a lightbulb?

How many dealership salesreps does it take to change a lightbulb?

Provide your answers gentlemen and have fun with it.

Instead of complaining why don't you go where the light bulbs are kept, get a bulb and change it. Or is that something you are not capable of doing?

Not that he wouldn't want to, and I know where you are going with it, but...if the cutbacks are as he says, the person that is in charge of maintaining the physical structure of the plant is the one that is paid to perform these tasks and if that position has been cut...the light goes un-changed...if Alan was compensated at that number, couldn't Ford have diverted some to maintenance as well?

The light bulbs are 400 Watt/ 480V sodium vapor lights that are 60 ft. over the production lines and cannot be changed while the machinery is running.

Not sure if I want to try to change one of those...

He's probably not allowed under Union work rules to do that.

It is called "out-of-title" work....not that he is not allowed, but if there is a person that is designated to perform that task, then that person would have a sustainable grievance as outlined in their CBA. CBA's are agreed to by both sides of the work-site, and since the agreement is in place, they must honor the contents. If this is not protected, then you would have auto assemblers replacing light bulbs and electricians building cars etc etc etc....