Compass/Patriot - 4,456

Tucson - 3,084

CX-7 - 2,607

Mariner - 2,482

Tiguan - 1,751

Sportage - 1,414

Tribute - 328

Grand Vitara - 396

Great month for Escape - AMAZING month for RAV4 ($199/mo w/$0 down will do that.)

Midsize to Large

Highlander - 11,953

Pilot - 10,432

Edge - 10,254

Santa Fe - 9,548

Sorento - 9,156

Traverse - 8,633

Acadia - 6,824

Murano - 5,490

Journey - 4,642

Enclave - 4,519

Flex - 3,468

CX-9 - 2,968

Veracruz - 607

Touareg - 449

Tribeca - 243

It's nice to see some serious sales come back to the midsize and larger crossover market. Good month for the Edge at 10K, 10K for the Pilot is awesome, and over 11K for the Highlander is nice too. Will the Explorer (which outsold the Flex this month) be able to really shake-up this market with a large, 3-row crossover?

Honestly? Yes. Just a little bit. Think about it. Ford is likely making more money per Flex transaction now than they are per Mustang transaction. I don't see anyone calling for the Mustang's head.

I didn't call for the Flex's head, I just think that the new Explorer can't come soon enough. There is a lot of volume to be had in this segment and I think Ford is missing out on it right now. Due to flexible assembly, Ford can build both vehicles without it costing them too much, so I see no reason to can the Flex unless sales drop drastically upon the Explorer's release.

Once Explorer comes to market, they can discontinue the Flex program. I knew this vehicles was doomed from the start, it never had strong customer potential. It was a concept and Ford tried to convince itself that there was a market for it, and sadly there clearly isn't one. And quite frankly, the design is poor executed, as is most Ford design. You can't make this product work unless you make the desing outstanding, instead it's badly proportioned and poorly finished.

Edited by BORG

Once Explorer comes to market, they can discontinue the Flex program. I knew this vehicles was doomed from the start, it never had strong customer potential. It was a concept and Ford tried to convince itself that there was a market for it, and sadly there clearly isn't one. And quite frankly, the design is poor executed, as is most Ford design. You can't make this product work unless you make the desing outstanding, instead it's badly proportioned and poorly finished.

What makes you think the design is poorly executed, badly proportioned, and poorly finished? Some advertising would help Flex's case too. I can't tell you how many people still come up asking what is that? and questions like that.

I don't understand the draw that the Escape has.

Looking forward to the next redo of that CUV.

Any idea what year it will be? It should be next in line for a remake.

I thought for 2012, no? It's supposed to merge with the Kuga program, but to what extent, I don't know. I for one hope Escape doesn't lose it's truck-y look. I'm not saying the Kuga doesn't look nice - I like it too, but I feel the Escape's different styling (from it's competition) helps sell it. The Kuga design (while again, it looks great) would blend in more with the crowd of little CUVs.

I don't understand the draw that the Escape has.

Looking forward to the next redo of that CUV.

Any idea what year it will be? It should be next in line for a remake.

I was never a fan of it till I drove my friends 2010 V6 Escape...its a pretty nice little SUV with nice get up and go out of it. The dash materials are ok (nothing spectacular) and the ride is good for the most part, but can be a little bit jarring at times.

As for its sales numbers...I see alot in Fleet sales...not rentals but as government vehicles and Progressive type industries.

As stated before, it still looks like an SUV and not some melted looking crossover like all the rest of them...and I think thats part of the draw.

Another thing factoring in is that I think MANY of the new Escape buyers are downsizing from Explorers.

Overall its a pretty good package that should become world beating in its next iteration.

And quite frankly, the design is poor executed, as is most Ford design.

In your opinion.

Please show where the design is "poor executed(sic)".

Please itemize where "most Ford design" is "poor executed(sic)".

Please itemize where the Flex is "poorly finished".

Otherwise, all we have here are brain-farts. Thanks for playing.

bslogo1.jpg

Edited by Edstock

In your opinion.

Please show where the design is "poor executed(sic)".

Ya seriously, i think it's a great looking vehicle. I just can't see myself being in a market for a vehicle in that segment any time soon, but as far as people movers go, i think it's by far the most interesting one out there.